ELECTION DAY 2008:........... Barack Obama, the next President of the United States of America

Im reading in the white supremecy forums and they going real hard on trying to get obama blocked from being sworn in
laugh.gif

they are like he wasnt born in the US, he was born in Kenya and that there will have to be a court ruling that can overthrow obama as president

laugh.gif

I'm really loving how classy the Bush administration is being in the last couple of months; they're going out of their way to rush security clearancesfor Obama's new staff even going so far as to offer them a chance to sit down during video conferences with the generals on the ground in Iraq.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

They fought for the day you COULD vote for a black man if he was the best candidate in your opinion... not just so you could vote for someone because he was black. They fought for equality, not blind following and ignorance about the issues.

That's what you're not understanding
And what aren't you understanding?

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I don't %*!# with Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, so I didn't vote just cause he was black, but because he has common sense

[/color]
smh.gif

My-T.

You did not read his post? He said "[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I don't %*!# with Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, so I didn't vote just cause he was black, but because he has common sense."[/color]
MyTsharp wrote:
I don't care if he's one of "us" or one of "them".

[Martin]You just don't get it do you man?[/Martin]

My-T.

K - one of these things is not like the other. That's how we got on this topic to begin with bud, don't try to turn the tables now.

This feels like the day OJ got off when there were alot of White Folks mad....
And the Day he got locked up they said "we got em"

How come the White people who voted for OBAMA aren't being chided for their pick of someone not based on Race.. altho we all have stated it wasn'tbecause of race either??

I don't get it.

A man who speaks alot of sense, who happens to be black and so many folks are mad?

Just Damn.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Im reading in the white supremecy forums and they going real hard on trying to get obama blocked from being sworn in
laugh.gif

they are like he wasnt born in the US, he was born in Kenya and that there will have to be a court ruling that can overthrow obama as president

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
they're pathetic...i bet some NT members is on thatsite too
smh.gif

Originally Posted by RockDeep

How come the White people who voted for OBAMA aren't being chided for their pick of someone not based on Race.. altho we all have stated it wasn't because of race either??

I don't get it.

A man who speaks alot of sense, who happens to be black and so many folks are mad?

Just Damn.

QFMFT
pimp.gif

How come the White people who voted for OBAMA aren't being chided for their pick of someone not based on Race.. altho we all have stated it wasn't because of race either??

I don't get it.

Just Damn.
And Blacks only account for 13% of the US (somewhere around there).
laugh.gif

Lots of white people who for him were accused of White Liberal Guilt

I just hope this was a wake up call to my party.

After Reagan we lost our identity. No more of this "Elitist" %+*! that is the small minority of the current state of the party.

I also hope that people can look at Obama as a role model instead of athletes or music artists, someone who REALLY came from nothing and even with being blackis now the most powerful man on the planet.

Craftsy21 wrote:
Why shouldn't we be cynical? What good have politicians in this country done in the last uh... 100 years? At the end of the day Obama is more one of them than he is one of "ya'll", who are throwing up
pimp.gif
's at everything about him.

K - one of these things is not like the other. That's how we got on this topic to begin with bud, don't try to turn the tables now.
You brought it up.

Not me.

My-T.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

I just want to make sure everyone understands something:

I am EXTREMELY proud to say I live in a country that has elected a black president despite its horrible history. I think Obama is a personable politician, and really like the idea of a young family in the white house.

I just don't understand why $250k is the cutoff. People making $500k or less and living in New York are not buying boats and mansions. We are making enough so our kids can live in a decent house, so we can send them to and pay for a good college education and take vacations once a year. Go after those that have millions, those who it doesn't really hurt. $500k in Topeka, Kansas is alot different than $500k in NYFC....that's all I'm saying.

HOV.. sorry for the gaffe on your home value.. I saw it posted by someone.. I thought they were quoting you.

Loopholes aren't cheating the government. They are exactly what they are. Loopholes were created by the government for people to take advantage of. Just like Grants and tax codes which were written.

I too don't believe $250K makes ANYONE rich. However, i will be using every tax code LOOPHOLE possible to make sure I am not taxed down to another means of living. i think you see the Blanket but it's the sheets under that you should take solace in.

For me BARACK being Black is only a part of everything. Him being in office benefits me NOT AT ALL Financially. Him being in office does mean me telling my kids they can be President one day isnt just something to say. It's actually possible.

I personally feel folks (Big Businesses) making Multi Millions are a year are who he should have been aiming at, not even self made millionaires, because Big Businesses get Credits, and everyone else has to figure out how to circumvent OR use the Tax Codes and Loop Holes Provided.

Just take a step back.. assess the situation and move forward. For all we know, the Dems who have alot of money in their pockets as well as the Republicans will shoot that threshold down and it will be raised and stipulations will be put in place.

You have to depend on your representatives sometimes to act on your behalf too. Barack said last night. He will listen. So speak.
I agree with you 100% Rock.

This is why I'd much rather Obama speak of closing loopholes than increasing taxes.
Increasing taxes only penalizes those who can't ake advantage of the loopholes, i.e. the foolish enough or not wealthy enough.

Originally Posted by Da XpLiCiT OnE

I don't get it.

Just Damn.
And Blacks only account for 13% of the US (somewhere around there).
laugh.gif

exactly
laugh.gif
get mad at white people too...they voted for him....hell Obamawon NC and NC hasnt been blue since the 70s
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by therealjondoe

So are these bad times gonna' create "good times"?

I'm not even trying to be smart on this one, I'm generally curious. But you have to admit, alot of you are very cynical.

And Daytona. I'm sure you would love for me to.

My-T.
I hope so.

The reason why Im not optimistic is because in his political career thus far Obama has shown no penchant for "change".
He has advisers and backers such as Rubin, Bezinski, and Soros who are part of the establishment that's got us into our present mess of a country.

I'm being serious here when I say that if Obama said that he'd appoint Rev. Wright as Sec. of State or another post I'd applaud him for that and I'd jumped on the bandwagon faster than Diddy running to a Prison shower room. Seriosuly.
laugh.gif

That would be real change.

Obama has shown me nothign thus far therefore I can only assume that he's spewing a bunch of empty rhetoric. Also, for the msot part that rhetoric doesn't adresses fundamental problems and is awfully vague.

so your blind and deaf i take it
grin.gif
No.
I choose to look at actions rather than words.

Words are like a-holes...

Take Ron Paul as an example. His congressional record speaks for itself.

What has Obama done? Voted in favor of: Extending the Patriot Act, Telecom Immunity Act, Bailout

That doesn't look like change to me.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

you said all i need to hear
im done
i dont deal with racists or racist supporters
h a g n !

I don't get it.

Just Damn.
if your hate for OJ when he got let off, is the same as your hate for Obama cuz he got elected, i feel sorry for your soul ... i think a lot ofpeople on here believe that those who dont like Obama, only feel that way because they are "racist" or "prejudice" ... when in actualitythere are educated people who dont agree with his policies and the direction his hostroy shows he will go ... its like people refuse to believe Obama was thewrong choice ...

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Because, people like Malcolm and Martin, AND Medgar Evars (who died after coming home from helping people register to vote) fought for this day.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]And to be just FORTY years removed from the civil rights movement and to have a man of color become president is unprecedented. Malcolm fought for equality in his own brand, and he wasn't killed by whites, he was killed by his very own people. Who, like you, were afraid of change and cynical of the ideas that Malcolm could bring forth.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]In essence, since you listen to Ghost so much, a bunch of "shark biters" was crampin' his style.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]My grandfather and great uncles were[/color] [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]beaten[/color] [color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]in Richmond, Virginia for rallying to vote. I'm 25 years old, and I NEVER thought I would see this day. If anything you should show some respect for the people that helped put all of us in this position, not just black or white. That's why I get so upset when you say its all about race. Not once did that man ask the black vote to pick him because of his skin, it was because he was an American. The white right-wing voters put the emphasis on his race, not the BO camp.

I don't %*!# with Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, so I didn't vote just cause he was black, but because he has common sense.
[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]I can't believe I'm getting upset over this on such a momentous day. I hope you got what you wanted.[/color]

[color= rgb(0, 102, 0)]My-T.[/color]

They fought for the day you COULD vote for a black man if he was the best candidate in your opinion... not just so you could vote for someone because he was black. They fought for equality, not blind following and ignorance about the issues.

That's what you're not understanding.

Yes it's great to see a black man make it so far in politics considering where this country was 40 years ago - but you completely missed the point about what those men fought for. And that's what bugs me about this all. I think many of those men and women that fought for equality would be really disappointed in the way some people treated this election, so if you are gonna claim them as your heroes you better be holding up the same ideals they did... simply voting for any black man and not even knowing what he stands for is not holding up their ideals.

So, you're essentially saying that black people are uninformed and uneducated and only voted obama because he was black? Ok. Essentially, you'reignorant.

Lets just say every black person voted because he was black. So, 13-14% of the U.S. made him president? Ignorance.

So are these bad times gonna' create "good times"?

I'm not even trying to be smart on this one, I'm generally curious. But you have to admit, alot of you are very cynical.

And Daytona. I'm sure you would love for me to.

My-T.
I hope so.

The reason why Im not optimistic is because in his political career thus far Obama has shown no penchant for "change".
He has advisers and backers such as Rubin, Bezinski, and Soros who are part of the establishment that's got us into our present mess of a country.

I'm being serious here when I say that if Obama said that he'd appoint Rev. Wright as Sec. of State or another post I'd applaud him for that and I'd jumped on the bandwagon faster than Diddy running to a Prison shower room. Seriosuly.
laugh.gif

That would be real change.

Obama has shown me nothign thus far therefore I can only assume that he's spewing a bunch of empty rhetoric. Also, for the msot part that rhetoric doesn't adresses fundamental problems and is awfully vague.

so your blind and deaf i take it
grin.gif
No.
I choose to look at actions rather than words.

Words are like a-holes...

Take Ron Paul as an example. His congressional record speaks for itself.

What has Obama done? Voted in favor of: Extending the Patriot Act, Telecom Immunity Act, Bailout

That doesn't look like change to me.

ron paul is a racist

Way to refute my points.

you said all i need to hear
im done
i dont deal with racists or racist supporters
h a g n !
First time I ever heard Ron Paul being called a racist.
laugh.gif

Craftsy21 wrote:
Why shouldn't we be cynical? What good have politicians in this country done in the last uh... 100 years? At the end of the day Obama is more one of them than he is one of "ya'll", who are throwing up
pimp.gif
's at everything about him.
You brought it up.

Not me.

My-T.

Buuuut... you agreed with it and said that was okay?
nerd.gif
I feel likeyou're maybe drunk here or something... you come out and basically just say you voted for him because he was black, even if you found out he was a badpolitician... then you come back and say you didn't vote for him just because he was black... then when i call you out on it, i'm the one who'smessing something up?

K.

Back
Top Bottom