Emergency room unappreciation

ceelo4

Banned
Tell me how I go to the emergency room because of nerve pains in my abdomen and I end up leaving after two hours of waiting because of no service. I see threepeople who came in after me go ahead of me and one lady who just came in with a deep wound in her hand is also sitting near me. She is literally dripping bloodoff her hand and she isn't immediately taken care of. There is also this dude who sounds like borat whos been here an hour before I have and he hasn'tbeen seen at all. This is the worst hospital ive ever been too, almost slapped the director for giving me an attitude when I decided to leave.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Yes im mad.

waiting sucks... u either have to complain or lie to an extent (make urself appear more hurt) to get seen faster.

Man I just skip the emergency room and go straight to minor injuries, they end up sending me there anyway.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

it's called triage.

the sickest get treated first...not who was there first

If that was the case at this hospital, the lady with the bleeding hand would have been sent in immediately. Instead this hospital decides to make her waitin the waiting room with no assistance.I find it sickening that EMT workers and the director of the night even has the audacity to belittle the man whocouldn't speak english in my previous post and give me an attitude when I ask nicely that I want to leave. What kind of hospital hires those who can'tshow compassion to patients?

it's called triage.

IDk about that. I took my oldest daughter to an ER when she was 1 or maybe a little younger (I can't remember). She had a 104 degree temperature andwe sat there for 4 HOURS and the only to be called back for some Motrin, which I had given her already. We left and called her Doc and got her in early in thenext A.M. and she had an infection that could have really done some damage.

^Its usually better sometimes to call the doctor first. I grew up with asthma. And before my mom made the decision to take me to the emergency room she wouldcall some doctor or nurse and they would recommend what should be done. But I do hate the ER. I remember in elementary school I had pneumonia. At the time wedidn't know what it was, I was just really sick and it felt like a sharp needle was constantly sticking me in both sides of my stomach and chest. My daddrove me to one hospital in sleet, snow, and ice, and one hospital told me I was only having muscle spasms. My mom decided to take me to another hospital whereI was correctly diagnosed.

And they usually misdiagnose you so that they can move on to someone else and free up a bed. Kings County has got to be the worst I've seen (I workedthere).

it's called triage.

Pretty much said it all.

Some ERs have "fast track" areas and these docs and PAs only treat very quick cases (lacerations, sore throat...).
This done to clear up the waiting room in a sense. So don't be shocked if someone that looks in "good" shape
gets in before you do. There's a method to the madness.

Triage my@+$$ Dirty.... I've seen some messed up stuff go down in the ER. For starters, my mom had to wait...what.... 11 HOURS to get a bed the first timeshe checked in with shallow breathing and all that jazz... keep in mind the lady was completely paralized, and dying from Lou Gehrig's desease. Do you haveany idea how hard it is to watch someone suffer and squirm, SCARED TO DEATH, for 11 hours... and it's your mom at that? I mean, it's cool that theywere busy and I understand th logic behhind "don't rush and make no mistakes" but DAMN....

Well... I just thought about it. I guess the hospital being filled to capacity isn't a direct result of the ER so nevermind. I guess I just wanted to bemad at somebody honestly. It's like that sometimes....

I had to go to the ER once cuz I got a deep cut on my chin. When I got to the hospital, it wasn't even bleeding much but I went into the ER immediately.

no lie, say you have chest pain and they will take you. you wont die from a broken bone or a cut unless you are bleeding by the pint. you CAN die tho if youare having a heart attack or a stroke and they leave you there. they will get sued. chest pain = pass to the front of the line

6 hrs in the emergency back room when I had bronchitis...when I go in for my asthma its no longer than 30 mins...I always go to the same hospital and afterabout 6 trips there in 207 alone ima have to def appreciate the ER

The MAJOR problem with emergency rooms is that 70% of the people there arent there for an emergency. Go to the doctors, dont come to the emergency room becauseyour constipated or you threw up.

feel u. been there with my son for 8 hours on christmas day and was there again cuz he had 104 temperature, they were gonna make us wait but he had a seizureso we were rushed to the back within 30 minutes. Im glad that happened, stuck him like a pin cushion and had to take a shot in the back for meningitis then gotsent to ICU. scary*!$% but yeah cant stand the emergency room for those two reasons.

You guys are complaining to the wrong people. So many hospitals are ill equipped to deal with the number of patients that come in. The government needs tothrow more money at hospitals so they can provide the neccessary care. Tied into that is the fact that inner city hospitals have trouble attracting not justgood doctors, but doctors in general, because they can't offer competitive pay or a good work environment.

As others have said, don't go to the ER unless you absolutely need to. I've been once. It was for chest pains. I swear I had a minor heart attack, butthe doctor told me I probably blew a hole in my lung. All lies.

people die at the hospital waiting.....
I hate the emergency room.

especially Cedars Sinai, since it's in the better location of Los Angeles, you see all types of people going there, but there's overcrowding in all theLA emergency rooms.

sux.

but yeh, def. unappreciated

Originally Posted by belle155

no lie, say you have chest pain and they will take you. you wont die from a broken bone or a cut unless you are bleeding by the pint. you CAN die tho if you are having a heart attack or a stroke and they leave you there. they will get sued. chest pain = pass to the front of the line

belle is right. i work in the ER doing the registering and what not and have to deal with dumb freaking people all the time complaining why theyhaven't been seen yet and that they have been here for hours and hours. it called PRIORITY people. you not going to die from a damn sore throat, fever,hand laceration, or a damn abdominal pain. ER is intended for people with real emergencies..... like chest pain, sob, signs of strokes, pregnant women havecomplications, SEVERE artery bleeding, etc.

go to urgent care if your having some pains. we have people wasting there time in the ER every day.

say you have chest pain and your in right away like he said...worked for me when i had apendictis but i had a legitimate emergency soo...either way really

Back
Top Bottom