Emergency room unappreciation

I get the hookup at the emergency room, its good to know people that work there
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ceelo4

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

it's called triage.

the sickest get treated first...not who was there first

If that was the case at this hospital, the lady with the bleeding hand would have been sent in immediately. Instead this hospital decides to make her wait in the waiting room with no assistance.I find it sickening that EMT workers and the director of the night even has the audacity to belittle the man who couldn't speak english in my previous post and give me an attitude when I ask nicely that I want to leave. What kind of hospital hires those who can't show compassion to patients?

a bleeding hand is not life threatening.

the rest of the stuff, well..that's a legit beef.

ER for bronchitis or pneumonia?
What?
Suck it up, get a doctor's appointment, he'll give you an antibiotic or whatever, and be on your way.

We'll considering I've got (horrid) asthma, bronchitis isn't usually soemthing that I can just suck up. It generally ends with me in the hospital,hooked up to a machine so I can breath. But thanks for that tidbit, doc..

well heres another interesting tidbit to get you riled up again.
devil.gif

As an EMT i can tell that when we wheel patients in to the ER, even for pointless minor problems, (as required by law), they immediately jump to the front ofthe line if they come in lying down in the stretcher. If you walk in prepare to wait.
if you get wheeled in, you can save some time for sure.
SO for instance, if your having SOB or fever or some thing like that, you should have come in with an ambulance because they would not have been aloud to putyou into a chair in the waiting room after that

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

devil.gif

As an EMT i can tell that when we wheel patients in to the ER, even for pointless minor problems, (as required by law), they immediately jump to the front of the line if they come in lying down in the stretcher. If you walk in prepare to wait.
SO for instance, if your having SOB or fever or some thing like that, you should have come in with an ambulance because they would not have been aloud to put you into a chair in the waiting room after that

You know why that is right? Because they already got you for $500 for the ambulance ride.

yea er sucks. i broke my hand and i waited 2 hours. after that i left and said screw it. went to another hospital the next day. got treated in 30 minutes.

This thread reminds me of Edith Rodriguez who died at King Harbor ER in Los Angeles last year.
Edith Isabel Rodriguez (February 1, 1964 - May 9, 2007) was a woman who died of gastrointestinal perforation at Los Angeles County's troubled Martin Luther King Jr.-Harbor Hospital (King-Harbor) after being refused treatment by hospital staff, who did not believe she required urgent medical care.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edith_Isabel_Rodriguez

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-kingdrew-gallery,0,5651209.storygallery

I think the bottom line sadly is the location of the ER. I have been to a few ERs from Harbor UCLA to Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach and there is a hugedifference between the two.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

devil.gif

As an EMT i can tell that when we wheel patients in to the ER, even for pointless minor problems, (as required by law), they immediately jump to the front of the line if they come in lying down in the stretcher. If you walk in prepare to wait.
SO for instance, if your having SOB or fever or some thing like that, you should have come in with an ambulance because they would not have been aloud to put you into a chair in the waiting room after that

You know why that is right? Because they already got you for $500 for the ambulance ride.

Yep. I learned that while working at Kings County. If you can call a cab or walk do that rather than call an ambulance because depending on the distanceexpect a hefty bill.

I know someone who kept going to the ER b/c he had stomach & chest pains. They kept sending him home. His last visit he ended up having a heart attackwhile waiting in the emergency room in front of everyone.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

yes your right about the money

because most ambulance calls are run by hospital owned ambulances or by private companies with a contract with the hospital.

However there is still a procedural requirement that patients who require an ambulance stretcher cannot be removed from the stretcher unless it is into abed. This is an important factor in why they skip the line. it is not just a courtesy offered to those who have already paid for transportation, it is aregional/state-health requirement

Back
Top Bottom