Eminem "Not Afriad" CDQ...Thizz face still on from the last freestyle

its not like the first single is always the best song.....Im pretty sure there will be alot of songs on the album better than this...but "not afraid" is a good way to start.

It's cool...

Those snares really bug me though...
 and that bridge is garbage...

but he spitting a little bit here... 

Originally Posted by thejrob

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

more proof of a stan mentality...

no stan, but is it better to hate on absolutely everything cuz lets be honest...ur music is worse than 95% of what you hate on

thats your opinion... u dont have to throw insults because someone disagrees with you... see how easy that is?

The bridge
eek.gif

Bout to be my ring tone.

This joint gets better after each listen. That can't be said for many of his first singles.

i think the point of having a thread for a song is to discuss and critique the song...not to just praise the song and love it for ever and ever

you know what's worse than NT music critics? Music fans who blindly love every song that gets put out by the current artist-du-jour

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

i think the point of having a thread for a song is to discuss and critique the song...not to just praise the song and love it for ever and ever

you know what's worse than NT music critics? Music fans who blindly love every song that gets put out by the current artist-du-jour

We can't help it if we like the song man. It's all about opinion and taste.

I love the hook and bridge while others think it's garbage.

When 98% love the song, those other 2% are just going against the grainfor the sake of standing out and living up to their pathetic views.

Thenagain, the guy has "hate" as a part of his s/n, nobody outside of NTknows of his existence, and is the same guy who said "rick ross" ridesthe beat better than Eminem. I shoudln't be surpised,  I would expect nothing less.

Everybody has an opinion, but atleast make valid understandable points. 

This is not blindly loving an artist every work produced. When something is great, it's great. Undeniable under any standards.

pimp.gif

Just got back from the gym with this mostly on repeat. This song is very motivational to me.

I know its about getting clean from his drug addiction, but I'm getting through a very tough break up, and its just helping me keep a positive outlook on everything and realize I had to go through that to get to where Im going.

I love the power of music.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

pimp.gif

Just got back from the gym with this mostly on repeat. This song is very motivational to me.

I know its about getting clean from his drug addiction, but I'm getting through a very tough break up, and its just helping me keep a positive outlook on everything and realize I had to go through that to get to where Im going.

I love the power of music.
I'm with you my dude. 
smokin.gif

Im going through the same exact situation, and the gym and music like this are definitely helping. 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by glasses

When 98% love the song, those other 2% are just going against the grainfor the sake of standing out and living up to their pathetic views.

Thenagain, the guy has "hate" as a part of his s/n, nobody outside of NTknows of his existence, and is the same guy who said "rick ross" ridesthe beat better than Eminem. I shoudln't be surpised,  I would expect nothing less.

Everybody has an opinion, but atleast make valid understandable points. 

This is not blindly loving an artist every work produced. When something is great, it's great. Undeniable under any standards.
But this is far from great so kill that noise. 

TIME, you're never gonna do anything with your music career and most of your stuff is B2 steak sauce ...

now stop blind hating on eminem in every damn thread and just appreciate good rap music ... this song is better than anything put out in recent memory from a genre standpoint ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

TIME, [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]you're never gonna do anything with your music career and most of your stuff is B2 steak sauce[/color] ...

now stop blind hating on eminem in every damn thread and just appreciate good rap music ... this song is better than anything put out in recent memory from a genre standpoint ...
he's well aware of that

his caustic posts are a reflection of such

The thing is none of the negative criticism makes any sense though. The people that say the hook is trash are the same people that like the hook on "Over". Saying a hook is trash and the beat sucks is not criticism. The beat is PLAIN but it works. The hook is GOOD because it's catchy and has MASS APPEAL. This is a FIRST SINGLE remember? As a FIRST SINGLE this is the best he's come up with in a long time. I can picture this getting massive spins on the radio and on tv shows.

when he said he got clean subliminally for us to get a brand new em for us - damn em you got me back to being stan like its 2000 again

Originally Posted by glasses

Unless that 2% genuinely dislike the song. Em is a big name artist so ofcourse his stans would outnumber regular fans of hip hop and they would fill the thread to put up a facade that this song is amazing and flawless. Yall did the same thing with Relapse.

Song is dope.

Can't believe he actually broke the mold and didn't go with the corny single. 

Am I the only one who thinks that this single was a very calculated move by the Shady/Interscope brand??

I mean, Em even stated on this song that Relapse was "ehhh" and that the accent is done.  When has artist, especialliy one like Em, come out and flat right said their previous project was mediocre at best??  Obviously that's what the majority of the internet thought, and if I had to take a guess, Relapse sold a little less than the label had imagined.  I mean Em was coming off a decent lay off, so his buzz should have created more sales.  But it didnt.

So what do you do different on the follow up??  Do whatever is necessary to get the people that didn't buy your album back on your side.  I mean look at this single.  90% of message boards and the internet are going crazy over, atleast from what I've seen.  Dudes are already calling Recovery a classic.  The Shady/Interscope plan has worked perfectly.

I'm almost positive Recovery will sell 1,000,000+ first week. 

HWBurnz wrote:

Dudes are already calling Relapse a classic.  The Shady/Interscope plan has worked perfectly.

I'm almost positive Relapse will sell 1,000,000+ first week. 

I agree with your whole post.
I think you meant 'Recovery' tho, not relapse.

Its pretty obvious the label and Em wanted to shy away from the entire "Relapse" theme. Big part of why they made it clear that the album would be named Recovery instead of Relapse 2. Separation from the first album in order to attract people that were turned off by Relapse's theme/subject matter.

Back
Top Bottom