Empire New series in Fox

lucious tried to give that beat to hakeem first

so was his plan ultimately/always to have gatz and hakeem on the song together? 
nerd.gif

or was it just making the best of hakeem rejecting it and passing it off to gatz like he made it for her?

An ep mostly focusing on Hakeem, meh.

I did initially think the kidnapping was more than just ransom. I like that it's actually this promoter guy scheming with his goons. I just wish Lucius had Thirsty Rollins handle these dudes instead of paying up.

I didn't get right away the kidnapping experience had him shook and rattled his confidence. The scenes where he was acting weird made me think he had got some fast acting syphilis from Anika somehow the way he couldn't hear properly
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Thought they was about to give him the condition Lucius never really had
laugh.gif
I don't care for dude so none of his character development mattered to me. The brother bonding was cool.

Liked watching Andre get Gutta Records in shape with the artists. I gotta say on a side note, they get Timbaland one of the dopest producers in hip hop to make the beats and songs I assume but whoever is writing the rap lyrics need to get fired. They need to get real ghost writers ASAP. These fake rappers and Lucius got nothing but struggle raps and if these dudes are real rappers and I just aint never heard of them
indifferent.gif
I know that chick Gatz is a real rapper but these other dudes I've seen on this show since S1 are whack.

Lee is trolling with hinting at a Precious romance and even showing a Precious sex scene. Talking about she getting all her walls touched
mean.gif
laugh.gif

The show needs more Anika
devil.gif

I like how the show is getting some of my fav small time tv (and movie) actors. This dude playing this gay entertainment marketing brand guy was homey hunting dudes from Prison Break and been a few movies. The show balances hip hop artists with actual good actors well.
It was for their clothes.

They were that cautious just in case the cops or FEDs got involved.
timbaland has been slipping up on alot of these beats too. there was an ep this season that had a some fire beats in it. the one with the california love knockoff video. but outside of that, everything else has been disappointing pretty much. and that bang bang bang bang boom boom boom boom beat was HORRENDOUS. to me it felt like he was about to say i got xzibit on this as a feature track from before ur mom got locked up. it was STRAIGHT outta 2001 2002. cmon timbo. sound ike terrence howard made that beat for real lol

-------

and yll dont get hakeems lil freakouts? the kidnappers emasculated him. thats why he came back saying "who u callin a *****." they took his pride which is all that lil dude got really. so thats why he left there and went to go dominate anika. he had to go "reclaim his manhood." and the lil freak outs hes having with musuc... i think that is 1 of 2 things. serious concussion/brain trauma, or he has panic attacks now whenever he thinks about the situation or anything that reminds him of it.

timbaland has been slipping up on alot of these beats too. there was an ep this season that had a some fire beats in it. the one with the california love knockoff video. but outside of that, everything else has been disappointing pretty much. and that bang bang bang bang boom boom boom boom beat was HORRENDOUS. to me it felt like he was about to say i got xzibit on this as a feature track from before ur mom got locked up. it was STRAIGHT outta 2001 2002. cmon timbo. sound ike terrence howard made that beat for real lol
:lol: I feel like I heard and have that Boom Boom Boom beat somewhere. It's an old recycled beat.

I was giving props for Timbaland cuz I also assume he's composing the beats for the R& B songs as well and those have remained consistently good for the most part. So that plus the rap production I was giving props for. I won't lie he's had some weak stuff though.

The rapping is just so much worse to me :lol:

and yll dont get hakeems lil freakouts? the kidnappers emasculated him. thats why he came back saying "who u callin a *****." they took his pride which is all that lil dude got really. so thats why he left there and went to go dominate anika. he had to go "reclaim his manhood." and the lil freak outs hes having with musuc... i think that is 1 of 2 things. serious concussion/brain trauma, or he has panic attacks now whenever he thinks about the situation or anything that reminds him of it.
I got it as time went on like 10 min in I got it but when we find out he paid dude to let him out, went immediately to Anika's place to smash and then shows up at the rehearsal bugging out I was lost. Yeah they punked him and yeah all he got is his ego and pride but I didn't think it would **** with him so bad.

Plus I've never been emasculated so I did not know it could **** with you so thoroughly. Like I can understand being extra insecure and sensitive with comments but now you can't perform? You can't hear right? :lol: Is this a real condition? :nerd:

Makes dude seems even more of a simple shallow character :lol: Son really aint grow up in the game and his father coddling him got him thinking he apart of the game and is a G. You get kidnapped and gun butted you gotta charge that to the game when you find out all they want is money. You get your revenge later. Imagine if he got caught up with some real cut throats? Son would not last in prison and contrary to what they said I can see both Andre and Jamal dealing much better in that situation or if they were ever in prison. Jamal got a beast in him holding his own when he was robbed and when he was holding dude over the ledge to prove himself and Andre is crazy even when on his meds, son got a temper and be trying to maintain his sophisticated persona and not look like a black brute to the public but you can clearly see son would kill somebody and just go pray on it and move on.

its like how he gonna face the crowd and be all hype/hard when he know in his heart he a sucka
It makes sense but I guess it just hit me again that he believes he's actually that hard :lol: He believes his own hype and his lyrics. I see him and think this is a ***** made rapper.

Last edited:
:lol: :smh: @ Lucius rapping. Unloaded guns in the studio session. Seems like more of that same trash Hustle & Flow garbage. Man if I hear that trash Boom Boom Boom Bang Bang beat Imma go crazy :smh:

They sprang Andre cheating on his wife (and I guess her knowing and being cool with it ) out of nowhere :rofl: I'm like when did Andres smash a Latina in S1 acting like that's the norm? Then the lame *** religion scene. Like is this preacher plotting with Andre to take over Empire with Christianity? Man can't wait tillLucius lays that atheism in to their *****.

That sex scene that was gonna pop off with Marissa Tomei and Lucius was so ******* weird. I felt like I missed out on a whole subplot they acted like we been knew. She crying off a phone call, making out with Lucius and nobody ends up smashing the fine shorty. Lucius weirder and more disturbing flashbacks with his momma, getting shook off of gun tats.

A by the #s ep for the most part.

That 3 sum scene was weird from the jump.

Me and shorty were watching it, and we both immediately thought....why did they just take one? :lol:. Truly done with this show man.

That boom boom bang joint has to be the most dated beat ever. Show is cartoonish and corny. Who greenlights this **** lol.

I honestly have no idea on what's going on besides Andre and this Gutterlife ****. WTF is happening on this show?
laugh.gif

show is confusing af

i think marisa is plotting on lucious

hakeem got fingered in his booty.

i'm surprised jaml still gay with all those baddies hanging around. he was acting HELLA sus at the bar with his mom and then drunk in the studio

anika needs some new d

taraji so meh to me now. she had a short window. it closed.

the rapping chick reminds me of cassidy. lol

beat was so trash. song was so trash.

funniest thing about the show is it is written where all of these people are super talented and basically mega stars, but realistically, in the real world, only one that would legit have a chance is jamal lol. nobody would be copping hakeem or lucious garbage songs. lucious so damn trash. son has literally never said anything nice. but they gas him like he's Hov. All that rah rah bs is corny.

so cookie just gon let david blaine hit her with the okie doke huh?

show is confusing af

i'm surprised jaml still gay with all those baddies hanging around. he was acting HELLA sus at the bar with his mom and then drunk in the studio

anika needs some new d

funniest thing about the show is it is written where all of these people are super talented and basically mega stars, but realistically, in the real world, only one that would legit have a chance is jamal lol. nobody would be copping hakeem or lucious garbage songs. lucious so damn trash. son has literally never said anything nice. but they gas him like he's Hov. All that rah rah bs is corny.

Took me a few times to get passed this :lol:

Also, i thought Tiana or whatever her name is got promoted to season regular? She get like 15 seconds of screentime. Theres do many wasted useless characters on this show.

Also, i thought Tiana or whatever her name is got promoted to season regular? She get like 15 seconds of screentime. Theres do many wasted useless characters on this show.

wasn't she supposed to be like a rihanna type star in season 1?

Cant wait for power to get back on.

soooooo much this

show is confusing af

anika needs some new d

Took me a few times to get passed this :lol:
Even though the way they showed in the ep makes it more likely that reminds me of hand2hand reaching like crazy to say Ray Donovan is gay :lol:

Last edited:
These Power mentions and comparisons are sad.

Why yall keep bringing up that show?

The **** does a drug lord/criminal trying to go straight with a club while being investigated by the feds got to do with a hip hop mogul and his family trying to run **** in music?

Stretch Armstrong reaching to bring up Power :smh:

Lucious is supposed to be a melodic, trap, emo rapper!? Man get all the way TF outta here. Lee Daniels and Tyler Perry should both go play in traffic, neither one portray our culture the right way. Told my wife I'm done with trash after this season. The SWS probably think all black people act like these fools. :x

Last edited:

The **** does a drug lord/criminal trying to go straight with a club while being investigated by the feds got to do with a hip hop mogul and his family trying to run **** in music?

Stretch Armstrong reaching to bring up Power
mean.gif
because they see black people, that is literally the only thing these 2 shows have in common

Stretch Armstrong reaching to bring up Power :smh:

because they see black people, that is literally the only thing these 2 shows have in common

came on around the same time. both all black casts. hour long dramas. dealing with urban america. crime in both. powerful black people in both. shady, back room dealings in both. shady police in both. both set in NYC. One is moving coke, the other is moving records.

'I sold coke, I'm guessing I can sell cds..'

pretty easy comparison.

Last edited:
I'm sayin'

If I was in the Game of Thrones thread talking about this show jumps around too much and it's corny with the dragons. I can't wait until Vikings come back and it's constantly happening (by more than one poster), they'd have the right to thread ban me.

If you want to simplify it like that well damn it could get annoying in a bunch of threads. Start pissing off AHS fans talking about Scream Queens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom