Empire New series in Fox

DVR didn't record this yesterday 
mean.gif
 I miss anything important?

the 3some storyline was weird too. the 3rd chick was just awkward with everything. looking around all the time like a spy. i thought thats where they were about to go. but instead chick gets a phone call of doom, lucious puffs out his chest, then gets shook by a tat of a gun....  then says what the song was missing.... was a sound effect of a gun? no... the song is missing 2002 xzibit 

Yeah two different shows. Besides, I'm not confident in power, after that awful finale.

DVR didn't record this yesterday 
mean.gif
 I miss anything important?
The Spanish dude that's smashing Cookie is a member of the group that kidnapped Hakeem. He's like the mastermind behind the whole operation. Got Cookie/Hakeem to hire the kidnappers as bodyguards. He's also stealing their music so his crew can make more money off of them. Might be falling in love with Cookie.

Lucius had flashbacks of his mom playing Russian Roulette. Carries the same pistol that his mom use to have. Made an outdate beat for Thugged Out Fantasia with it. Almost had a 3some with the creepy old white woman after they partnered with a music streaming company.

The super holy son is bribing this lawyer woman, or whatever she is, into dropping some type of case. Threaten to leak their sex vids to her boss and husband if she didn't get down and stay down *Beans voice*

Hakeem coached his lead singer on how to be the star of the group since one of the other chicks was trying to take that #1 spot from her.

How many episodes we have left?

Last edited:
The payoffs are too quick. A problem comes up in one scene and then it's immediately solved in the very next scene

:lol: :smh: @ Lucius rapping. Unloaded guns in the studio session. Seems like more of that same trash Hustle & Flow garbage. Man if I hear that trash Boom Boom Boom Bang Bang beat Imma go crazy :smh:

They sprang Andre cheating on his wife (and I guess her knowing and being cool with it ) out of nowhere :rofl: I'm like when did Andres smash a Latina in S1 acting like that's the norm? Then the lame *** religion scene. Like is this preacher plotting with Andre to take over Empire with Christianity? Man can't wait tillLucius lays that atheism in to their *****.

That sex scene that was gonna pop off with Marissa Tomei and Lucius was so ******* weird. I felt like I missed out on a whole subplot they acted like we been knew. She crying off a phone call, making out with Lucius and nobody ends up smashing the fine shorty. Lucius weirder and more disturbing flashbacks with his momma, getting shook off of gun tats.

A by the #s ep for the most part.

he slept with that lady last season...that's why his dad told him to go see her about the gang ****...his wife always knew and she liked to be called that lady's name...i think his wife was over it after he tried to pimp her to that old man last season and that's why she said she had prayed about him not messing with the lady anymore...i guess that was their thing until she got pregnant and he got saved...

I'm over this show. I'm not into super dramatic soap opera types shows.

The music this season isn't as good as the first either. I don't understand the point of the latina group and i find the girl he wants to make the star boring.

Last edited:
I honestly don't remember that from S1 at all :lol:

When they showed that in the intro clips. I was like when did that happen? :lol: I either didn't see it or forgot it.

I can agree on some of your points for not wanting to watch anymore. I can tolerate the soap opera and ride out the rest of this season for now just to see where it goes.

It's weird that the music isn't as good though but I guess they're focusing on more lame raps with Lucius, Gutta records, and Hakeem. Strangely the singers have all been downplayed so we get Jamal who is good singing some weird songs :lol:

Last edited:
My problem with this show is that they've taken some pretty good plots and, instead of making an actual storyline out of it, they have all problems solved by the next commercial break.

Luscious being in jail could've lasted a while and they could've made something out of the Chris Rock character. All of the things that could've went down inside and outside of the jail are plentiful.

Hakeem being kidnapped is another one. Especially with Cookie messing with dude, they could've saved that "surprise reveal" and actually made us sit in suspense for a while.

I don't know, it's not totally awful and I'm willing to wait this season out, but it needs to get better by next season. Then again, the 3rd season is when a show starts to hit its stride so who knows.

My problem with this show is that they've taken some pretty good plots and, instead of making an actual storyline out of it, they have all problems solved by the next commercial break.

Luscious being in jail could've lasted a while and they could've made something out of the Chris Rock character. All of the things that could've went down inside and outside of the jail are plentiful.

Hakeem being kidnapped is another one. Especially with Cookie messing with dude, they could've saved that "surprise reveal" and actually made us sit in suspense for a while.

I don't know, it's not totally awful and I'm willing to wait this season out, but it needs to get better by next season. Then again, the 3rd season is when a show starts to hit its stride so who knows.

QFT. They solve problems way too quickly. The Hakeem kidnapped Arc could've been 3 plus episodes rather than 14 minutes

The best part of this season so far was when luscious was in jail ...brought the lulz and down interesting scenes ...everything else been straight wack

I honestly don't remember that from S1 at all :lol:

When they showed that in the intro clips. I was like when did that happen? :lol: I either didn't see it or forgot it.

I can agree on some of your points for not wanting to watch anymore. I can tolerate the soap opera and ride out the rest of this season for now just to see where it goes.

It's weird that the music isn't as good though but I guess they're focusing on more lame raps with Lucius, Gutta records, and Hakeem. Strangely the singers have all been downplayed so we get Jamal who is good singing some weird songs :lol:

I only remember cuz everyone on Twitter was like WTF she knew and she likes to be called the other lady's name :lol:

annika 
frown.gif

and freda cooked hakeem, cookie and jamal 
laugh.gif

vivica look like she got hella plastic surgery 
sick.gif

Last edited:
Don't worry. They're gonna resolve it in 30 minutes like hakeem's kidnapping and move on like nothing happened. Story development is non existent in this show :lol:

Back
Top Bottom