Empire New series in Fox

I seriously wouldn't mind if Hakeem is killed off the show. Dude had 2 seasons and he still cannot act. I feel like his character is dragging everyone down.

It was only until last night's ep that I found out that dude is an actual rapper from Philly and not an actor :lol:

I never heard of dude.

For the main cast I thought they had found actual actors and they had to learn to sing and act. Like dude playing Jamal been acting. Guy playing Andre can actually sing (yet doesn't at all on this show. We know the deal with corny *** Terrance Howard. Etc.

My main problem with this show is how they pick and choose which celebrities they are gonna use to be themselves or make into other people.

I know other shows like Entourage do this but its weird. How you gonna let Charlamagne, Neyo, Pitbull etc. be themselves but Luda, Chris Rock and A.Keys be random characters smh

^what the problem with that?

Personally I hate the celeb cameos all together.  It's OD and all it does is serve the shows quickly wrapped up conflicts

It just seems like a parade of Lee Daniels' famous friends.   Take some unknowns and make them hot, like they could've done with Boo Boo kitty

My main problem with this show is how they pick and choose which celebrities they are gonna use to be themselves or make into other people.

I know other shows like Entourage do this but its weird. How you gonna let Charlamagne, Neyo, Pitbull etc. be themselves but Luda, Chris Rock and A.Keys be random characters smh
Going off those names it's pretty obvious it's cuz those first 3 can't act. Lets not make the writers bend over backwards to accommodate these no acting talent artists and lets focus creative talent on stars with talent.

Luda got a lengthy resume, Chris Rock is Chris Rock and honestly for focus for an entire ep what would be the plot to put the spotlight on comedian Chris Rock? :lol: As for Alicia she's done some acting in the past and I be feeling like her whole public image is an act anyway. She's not really playing that much of a different person. Her whole premise is she was a pop act and when she shows up she wants to breakout and transition to a different style. That style being exactly the kind of music Alicia Keys makes :lol: She's basically playing herself without having to just a different origin.

If things were the opposite and Charlamagne and Pitbull were playing made up ppl while Chris Rock and Luda played themselves I'd question it.

Last edited:
its gotten to the point where I'm just watching to watch. its entertaining in a humor sense.

Hakeem does live performances as well. He had a mini concert or performance(not sure the event) at my school....smh

Am still really enjoying this. Music is good and I am still entertained.

I did however have a problem with the way they shot the Ronda death scene. Why do you guys think it was shot the way it was, not revealing who the killer was? Do you think they are REALLY trying to get the viewer to question who the killer was or do you think it was simply bad writing/directing?

I dont need to list reasons why it was obviously Annika, because it was clearly her. But it literally makes zero sense for it to be anyone else. So why even leave it as a cliffhanger and not just reveal who it was after she was dead on the floor? Can you imagine, standing in the shadows at the top of the stairs is a strung out, bat **** crazy looking Annika? Showing her looking all insane and sinister would have made for a much crazier moment than leaving it as the most obvious cliffhanger in television history.

Watch it turn out to be someone totally random now. :lol:

Whoa slow your roll. I don't think Rhonda is dead at all. Probably lost the baby though.

Killing her that way would be a bit weak and make Anika completely irredeemable. Still weird writing that she went from taking tips from Rhonda since she was pregnant to just snapping and wanting to kill her.

She could've just went to Lucious like I'm pregnant with Hakeem's baby. He would've set her up in a penthouse on the low.

Anika wants her Lyons baby to be the only one in the licture. Her eyes lit up when the white jawn was telling her about the special treatment she was getting for carrying Lucious' grandchild.

That's kinda stupid IMO. If she had Hakeem baby luscious would prolly still take care of her so I don't get it. Over dramatic but this is empire [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Empire is just Lee Daniels sloppy version of a number of Shakespearean themes combined.

Recently, Macbeth.

It was since Rhonda was having a boy and she said that he was the "heir" to the throne essentially since he was the only grandson for now. Anika can't know what she having yet, so with her luck she will have a girl anyways 
laugh.gif

No they didnt show her standing at the top of the stairs, but they showed her from behind when she was standing at the bottom of the steps before she went up there. 

if i was keem, i wouldve put a baby in anika cute ***. she can throw dem hands too, so she can have yo back.

Just watched the finale and wanted to catch up on the thread and this was the last post I saw. Hakeem beat you too it :lol: . I think it's kind of crazy that he smashed raw and/or didn't pull out. SMH.

I don't think Luscious is ever gonna take an L :lol:

Welp....

I really cannot stand Hakeem.

Dude is that kid you went to an HBCU with who couldn't wait to start trappin out the apartment his parents are paying for.

I was hoping he got raped. Then I though he might've gotten stockholm and they convinced him he could be down with them. Then I just went back to hoping he got raped.

He really is the worst.

They made Lucious more likeable this season. He's just been trying to deal with how ridiculous everyone is.

Andre is going to run Gutta Records into the ground. He's full of himself and obviously has no taste in music or idea of what people like.

J Poppa is gonna end up like becoming a christian rapper, leaving Gabby, and quitting Gutta. He's gonna lose Gutta a bunch of money, and after he leaves he'll end up becoming mad successful in the Christian music scene. Andre's gonna be mad about it and go crazy.

I really can't stand Andre either. He should be way more humble considering what he's been through.

I feel the same way. This show is so damn corny. But Hakeem gotta be the corniest dude to ever grace TV. Clown *** *****.

Also, these songs are so damn dated. The beat that Luscious played for Hakeem and shorty sounded straight outta 2002.

I just imagined throwback jerseys, durags, wristbands, pinwheel fitteds, platinum long chains, and cristal :lol:

Hakeem is the worst.

Hakeem lost that battle though if we're strictly discussing bars

This! Had to explain this to the girl I was with. She just didn't get it.

Whoa slow your roll. I don't think Rhonda is dead at all. Probably lost the baby though.

Killing her that way would be a bit weak and make Anika completely irredeemable. Still weird writing that she went from taking tips from Rhonda since she was pregnant to just snapping and wanting to kill her.

She could've just went to Lucious like I'm pregnant with Hakeem's baby. He would've set her up in a penthouse on the low.

Yeah, I'm erring on the side of her not being dead but I would imagine that the baby is gone. I think Annika just wanted her and her child to be down with the Lyons and when Hakeem deaded her, her only way in was through killing Rhonda.

It was since Rhonda was having a boy and she said that he was the "heir" to the throne essentially since he was the only grandson for now. Anika can't know what she having yet, so with her luck she will have a girl anyways :lol:

No they didnt show her standing at the top of the stairs, but they showed her from behind when she was standing at the bottom of the steps before she went up there. 

This.

Am still really enjoying this. Music is good and I am still entertained.

I did however have a problem with the way they shot the Ronda death scene. Why do you guys think it was shot the way it was, not revealing who the killer was? Do you think they are REALLY trying to get the viewer to question who the killer was or do you think it was simply bad writing/directing?

I dont need to list reasons why it was obviously Annika, because it was clearly her. But it literally makes zero sense for it to be anyone else. So why even leave it as a cliffhanger and not just reveal who it was after she was dead on the floor? Can you imagine, standing in the shadows at the top of the stairs is a strung out, bat **** crazy looking Annika? Showing her looking all insane and sinister would have made for a much crazier moment than leaving it as the most obvious cliffhanger in television history.

Watch it turn out to be someone totally random now.
laugh.gif
welp. thanks for spoiling it. i hadn't seen the last episode. thanks. alot. *sigh*

This show is all over the place dawg.

Jamal is gay, then he straight, then he gay :lol:

Hakeem joggling 3 women :lol:

Lucious losing Empire :lol: :smh:

Annika's kills Rhonda :lol: What the hell?

Who is writing this ****. The first season had it's corny/goofy moments but it was still good. This is just a mess.

Last edited:
I saw Anika coming for Rhonda as soon as she said that was her at the gate. My *** would have sat in that bed until Andre came home to turn it off. I'm a punk though and always think someone is waiting to get me. Really sad about them I'm assuming losing the baby but what if they saved the baby and not Rhonda. That would be a storyline you don't see often.

Hakeem is so ******* annoying. Why can't he man up and put his emotions to the side for once. He's all over the place with the women too. I can't stand his current girl but I guess I'll take her over him ******* old Naomi.

The show is so over the top but I've accepted it for what it is.

If anyone cares Andre and Anika are engaged in real life.

Back
Top Bottom