Entourage is not a very good show.

I do agree that it has been very predictable, and it may have jumped the shark a long time ago, but i still love the show.

It's like my comfort show. I play the old eps and suddenly I feel happy.

i still watch just because i have since the first episode. it has got worse every season.

as far as hbo goes. i would rather watch Hung and East Bound & DOwn

i still watch just because i have since the first episode. it has got worse every season.

as far as hbo goes. i would rather watch Hung and East Bound & DOwn

Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes

this show is trash along with the wire, and all the other HBO shows you people hype up

The wire was crack from start to finish lol made me wanna kill someone

but i dont see a problem with entourage...ehhhh
its not that serious lol

Originally Posted by Jerry Hughes

this show is trash along with the wire, and all the other HBO shows you people hype up

The wire was crack from start to finish lol made me wanna kill someone

but i dont see a problem with entourage...ehhhh
its not that serious lol

Never bought into the hype for Entourage... seen a bunch of eps but never really that impressed... Only characters worth a damn are Ari and Lloyd.

Never bought into the hype for Entourage... seen a bunch of eps but never really that impressed... Only characters worth a damn are Ari and Lloyd.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

[h2][/h2]
[h2]6. We find it hard to quit Entourage.
[/h2]
It's true! For awhile, we could convince ourselves it was because the show offered a reliable weekly dose of guilty escapism, with Ari's rants and cool cars and pretty scenery (much of it extraneously strolling by the camera in a G-string). Plus, we kept hoping that maybe, just maybe, Vince would get hooked on heroin, or Drama would die in a flaming crash, or E would get wise and write a tell-all, or Turtle would finally come out and run away with Lloyd.

But now, on the eve of season seven, and with a full-length movie being threatened, we figured it's time to stop wishing for what Entourage isn't, and take a frank look at what it is: a not particularly funny, conflict-allergic show about a bunch of adolescent dudes with endless money and no problems and a foul-mouthed agent who, of late, has been improbably nice to his wife.

We don't think this would make for a great movie. It's not making for a particularly great show. There is, however, a simple three-word solution: Ari spinoff. Inject it with a shot of Sweet Smell of Success sleaziness, send Drama careening off a cliff in the pilot, and maybe, just maybe, Ari Gold will be the show Entourage promised to be, but never was.

Could you imagine an Ari Gold spinoff? That could be very interesting. Maybe a darker show with more substance, similar to Californication.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

[h2][/h2]
[h2]6. We find it hard to quit Entourage.
[/h2]
It's true! For awhile, we could convince ourselves it was because the show offered a reliable weekly dose of guilty escapism, with Ari's rants and cool cars and pretty scenery (much of it extraneously strolling by the camera in a G-string). Plus, we kept hoping that maybe, just maybe, Vince would get hooked on heroin, or Drama would die in a flaming crash, or E would get wise and write a tell-all, or Turtle would finally come out and run away with Lloyd.

But now, on the eve of season seven, and with a full-length movie being threatened, we figured it's time to stop wishing for what Entourage isn't, and take a frank look at what it is: a not particularly funny, conflict-allergic show about a bunch of adolescent dudes with endless money and no problems and a foul-mouthed agent who, of late, has been improbably nice to his wife.

We don't think this would make for a great movie. It's not making for a particularly great show. There is, however, a simple three-word solution: Ari spinoff. Inject it with a shot of Sweet Smell of Success sleaziness, send Drama careening off a cliff in the pilot, and maybe, just maybe, Ari Gold will be the show Entourage promised to be, but never was.

Could you imagine an Ari Gold spinoff? That could be very interesting. Maybe a darker show with more substance, similar to Californication.

If you think it fell off and don't like it, don't watch... simple. I'm definately a fan, picked up Season 6 today.

If you think it fell off and don't like it, don't watch... simple. I'm definately a fan, picked up Season 6 today.

The days of good television are gone. Now u wanna take this from me??? Im gonna continue to watch this show.

The days of good television are gone. Now u wanna take this from me??? Im gonna continue to watch this show.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I take it for what it is... basically a 23 minute getaway where you try to see the good life of a movie star and his pals. There's going to be good looking women, some laughs, Ari being mean (although he's been nicer recently), and there will be some "drama" that might push the story along. The article's last point is great too, I won't stop watching despite the obvious flaws in the show.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I take it for what it is... basically a 23 minute getaway where you try to see the good life of a movie star and his pals. There's going to be good looking women, some laughs, Ari being mean (although he's been nicer recently), and there will be some "drama" that might push the story along. The article's last point is great too, I won't stop watching despite the obvious flaws in the show.

Originally Posted by Rhino So

I don't think Piven could pull off a dramatic turn as Ari.  Plus if it's associated with Entourage then I doubt they have quality enough writers to do something like that.

Originally Posted by Rhino So

I don't think Piven could pull off a dramatic turn as Ari.  Plus if it's associated with Entourage then I doubt they have quality enough writers to do something like that.

Back
Top Bottom