Epic Fail ! ~ The Air Jordan 2009 about to set record low sales

Originally Posted by BabyJordan0312

Ahhh. Hope lies ahead ~ Air Jordan 25th anniversary !

Good to see you post still, BabyJ.

Yes, if all comes to fruition (and it looks like it will), the 25th Anniversary will be agood year
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerAFI

The issue isn't quality...the issue is there's nothing exciting about the shoe, it just looks like a regular white and black shoe. And the fact they want $190, which is $5 more then the much detailed XX3 and $10 dollars less then the Foamposites is just ridiclous. After setting the bar high with ending the numbered signature shoe with the XX3, the 2009 thus far looks like it will be a dud, and if you see them at your local Nike Factory Store in a month or two don't be surprised.
Good points.

Originally Posted by Mr Nike86

Originally Posted by jimmybeanz

i know that most of the people on the board (including myself) think the shoes won't sell, but the OP talks as if he's seen numbers. proof?
That OP is one of the legends that blessed us with info for years. Him and many others are the sole reason I even joined this site years back. Niketalk was so flooded with info back in the day that this board stayed live ( I miss those days, ) I use to wake up and get on niketalk, go home from work and hop straight on niketalk hell even be on my phone on niketalk because everyday was great info. Now its the same repeated questions everyday, very few post giving info, and a whole bunch of lady actin men. Just shut the hell up and dont make yourself look like a fool.

People like you g checking people as if they dont know what the $!+* they are talking about are the reason they left.
I agree some of them may have been shady, but there info was always on point, even with the subliminal hints and teases they shot as us to keep us hyped may have pissed us off at times, but we never were played on the info.

It can be someone who join this site and there first post can have some very reliable info and I see a lot of you fool with that +#+*#@+ duck tale gif, quit that @%%#. Yall make people not want to post @%%#.

Excuse my french but im just irritated at some fellow niketalkers.
ironically, i get tired of people yelling ducktales, and pics myself. however, i didn't ask for dude's resume or his credit report. i wasjust wondering, did he get his info from nike corporate, footlocker corporate, mom and pop store, etc - it gives a point of reference. it's not like isaid post a copy of the document.

im glad nobody likes it. i think it would make a great basketball shoe but im not spending 190 on a shoe ill destroy in a couple months.

they aren't that bad. I didn't buy any. but I might if the right colorway is put together. probably not but maybe.
and I don't think there was anyway they could follow tinker with something and not expect to get a lot of hate. love the XX3s though. didn't like theXXIs or XXIIs. love the XXs. anyone notice a theme here?

worst purchase i ever made . i was hopeing that the shoe would perform somewhat like its predisesors , but not even close . the shoe is made kinda like a trackspike for running . there is no fore-foot cushining what so ever . it kinda feels springy if you were to run in them but deff not for basket ball . materialsare alittle better then usual . satin on the side and a thick leather on the toe but over all the shoe is a dissapointment . looks like a re-made xiv withworse technology . DONT BUY THIS SHOE !!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least i didnt pay retail for them

I saw this shoe earlier today and it is underwhelming. I personally think the quality is not great but not horrible. On the display models there are pieces onthe shoe that end in points and after a while and some handing they fold over and stick out. Also, that panache leather or whatever its called is not thatgreat. On all the display models I looked at, the leather crumpled and looked cheap right above the medial arch support. Reminded me of the cheap leather onthe retro iv's. Lastly, the shoes overall look is not very original and too simplistic. Another hologram, rediculous.

Not salty in the least. I buy my shoes because I like them, not to break necks of the same sex. And I'm not upset at the people who didn't buythem. I was surprised that I was able to buy the S23 with such ease (the site crash helped me out--no one wanted but crashed FC right?).

My main point was that sales are driven by hype. If there is no hype the shoes sell slow. If there is hype (Eggplants anyone?) then you have people lining upfor a hideous shoe. I'm not concerned with what anyone thinks about my shoes. I like them, that's what matters; but then again I'm not a hypebeast.I could count the shoes I have that I don't like on one hand (but don't have one)...

You're talking about overpriced shoes--when the IV first came out I begged my mom for a pair. She wouldn't cop, they were $70, which was ridiculous fora shoe at that time. NOTHING was close to that much, at least for a 12/13 year old. When they retroed the black/cement in '99 I had the means to spend $150and was all over it. The 2009s are $190, not completely out of line for a shoe IMO. I've spent upwards of $500 on dress shoes, I can handle $200 for someJ's.

At this point, for all the negative hype, you guys are still 12 pages in on discussing some shoes that most of you seem to hate. Like I said, you don'tlike, don't buy, I really don't care. I just don't understand how anyone can say this shoe is trash and actually pay more for the foams.They look like Grimace got his feet ran over. Or say the quality is trash (not true) and buy any of these garbage I's they drop. Or fusions, orSpizikes, etc...

JB is a corporation, whose main goal is profit. They are not here to please the true sneaker-heads, they have an all new lineup of kids who buyto resell. I bought the IV in '99 because I had been wanting it for 10 years and finally could buy it. That unleashed a storm; now I'm not sure why Ikeep buying. I just love shoes, but hype does not factor into my shoe-buying decisions. Enjoy them Eggplants playas...

Originally Posted by bdub253

Not salty in the least. I buy my shoes because I like them, not to break necks of the same sex. And I'm not upset at the people who didn't buy them. I was surprised that I was able to buy the S23 with such ease (the site crash helped me out--no one wanted but crashed FC right?).

My main point was that sales are driven by hype. If there is no hype the shoes sell slow. If there is hype (Eggplants anyone?) then you have people lining up for a hideous shoe. I'm not concerned with what anyone thinks about my shoes. I like them, that's what matters; but then again I'm not a hypebeast. I could count the shoes I have that I don't like on one hand (but don't have one)...

You're talking about overpriced shoes--when the IV first came out I begged my mom for a pair. She wouldn't cop, they were $70, which was ridiculous for a shoe at that time. NOTHING was close to that much, at least for a 12/13 year old. When they retroed the black/cement in '99 I had the means to spend $150 and was all over it. The 2009s are $190, not completely out of line for a shoe IMO. I've spent upwards of $500 on dress shoes, I can handle $200 for some J's.

At this point, for all the negative hype, you guys are still 12 pages in on discussing some shoes that most of you seem to hate. Like I said, you don't like, don't buy, I really don't care. I just don't understand how anyone can say this shoe is trash and actually pay more for the foams. They look like Grimace got his feet ran over. Or say the quality is trash (not true) and buy any of these garbage I's they drop. Or fusions, or Spizikes, etc...

JB is a corporation, whose main goal is profit. They are not here to please the true sneaker-heads, they have an all new lineup of kids who buy to resell. I bought the IV in '99 because I had been wanting it for 10 years and finally could buy it. That unleashed a storm; now I'm not sure why I keep buying. I just love shoes, but hype does not factor into my shoe-buying decisions. Enjoy them Eggplants playas...
The Eggplant Foamposites are 1000X better than these.

at the end of the day...the slower each jordan release sell...the happier for true collector.....the faster they sell...the happier for resellers....to sum itall up....people...plz buy what you can afford...plz buy what you like...please buy what you have been hunting for or going after what you have been searchingfor fo most of your collecting career.....the economy is so bad right now...spend wisely...

Originally Posted by VAHustler

well someone summed up jordan 2009's before....
64gmfr.jpg

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Preach, preach, PREACH!!! JB is good, but I guess they started taking their popularity for granted and did something a little bit lazy. And let's face itthe fusions, six rings and all other sorts of hybrid are just showing that they're running out of inspiration as to what to do next. So they're feedingpeople with "junk food" sneakers when the customers have been used to "real meal" sneakers (if I can use this anaogy).

I'm sure they'll come back with a refocused mindset. Hey at least, Nike's doing mad money with the retros this year so it's not a total wastefor them. All the greats have to go through a down before they come back up again so I don't worry too much, JB will be back eventually!!!

It's a Shame really for I actually like these. But 25th Anniversary Jordan 2010 WILL be much better so peoples stop belly-aching, for the bad times willsoon Pass, and The Good Times Will come. Patience

Originally Posted by bdub253

Not salty in the least. I buy my shoes because I like them, not to break necks of the same sex. And I'm not upset at the people who didn't buy them. I was surprised that I was able to buy the S23 with such ease (the site crash helped me out--no one wanted but crashed FC right?).

My main point was that sales are driven by hype. If there is no hype the shoes sell slow. If there is hype (Eggplants anyone?) then you have people lining up for a hideous shoe. I'm not concerned with what anyone thinks about my shoes. I like them, that's what matters; but then again I'm not a hypebeast. I could count the shoes I have that I don't like on one hand (but don't have one)...

You're talking about overpriced shoes--when the IV first came out I begged my mom for a pair. She wouldn't cop, they were $70, which was ridiculous for a shoe at that time. NOTHING was close to that much, at least for a 12/13 year old. When they retroed the black/cement in '99 I had the means to spend $150 and was all over it. The 2009s are $190, not completely out of line for a shoe IMO. I've spent upwards of $500 on dress shoes, I can handle $200 for some J's.

At this point, for all the negative hype, you guys are still 12 pages in on discussing some shoes that most of you seem to hate. Like I said, you don't like, don't buy, I really don't care. I just don't understand how anyone can say this shoe is trash and actually pay more for the foams. They look like Grimace got his feet ran over. Or say the quality is trash (not true) and buy any of these garbage I's they drop. Or fusions, or Spizikes, etc...

JB is a corporation, whose main goal is profit. They are not here to please the true sneaker-heads, they have an all new lineup of kids who buy to resell. I bought the IV in '99 because I had been wanting it for 10 years and finally could buy it. That unleashed a storm; now I'm not sure why I keep buying. I just love shoes, but hype does not factor into my shoe-buying decisions. Enjoy them Eggplants playas...
You missed the point entirely. No one is forsaking your right to cop if you want. Dude just called you out - rightfully so- for claiming all thehaters were people with no cash. You never answered his point- the fact is 190 is the wrong price point considering the options. Your example of the IV'sproves his point. When the IV's came out, did you have t eoption to buy cutting edge technology and quality, e.g. hyperdunks- ultralight shoe with greatcourt feel? No, J's were it. They were the best, or at least one of, the best shoes out there. No the case anymore, plus MJ never balled in these, etc.etc. so why pay so much more? Its a strong point. In fact, it is funny because if they released the IV's with the top quality leather of back then, folkswould drop 190 without even thinking about it!

Back
Top Bottom