ESPN's what does Kobe have to do to surpass MJ?

There is nothing he can do. He has slurped Jordan so much that he will always be in his shadow.

Plus he plays in an era where everything is a foul. Dudes were getting punished in the early 90's.

To dude who says he is a better scorer
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

better scorer
laugh.gif

kobe bryant will be the greatest basketball player of all time.
he probably won't even go down as the best laker of all time
laugh.gif

Kobe > MJ
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He already is in terms of skill.....a couple more rings and he will be regardless. The Kobe being a better scorer argument will never be won byKobe fanboys. Simple reason people look too much in to stats. Kobe definitely is more skilled on the offensive side of the ball...he's nowhere near asproductive or efficient though so it's really hard to make that statement. Same thing with Melo. He's much more skilled than Bron....yet he getsnowhere near the credit he deserves because of his production.

I think people mistake ACCOMPLISHMENTS with pure SKILL.

MJ has accomplished much more than Kobe has, not arguing that.
But its like a rapper who sells millions and millions of records, does that make him the greatest rapper of all time? No, it doesn't.

Kobe Bryant has assets to his game that are BETTER than Michael Jordans...Mike might have rings, but we're talking about skill here. Kobe > Michael Jordan.

Better shooter, better scorer, better footwork, better ball-handling, etc.

I'm going to get a million stone faces, but i don't care. I'm not just a biased Laker/Kobe fan either. This is coming from a basketball fan. When it is all said and done, kobe bryant will be the greatest basketball player of all time.

Kobe > MJ

istockphoto_842320_flame_boy.jpg

*puts on flame suit*

QFT....can I get one of those flames suits too?

What people don't understand is that Jordan's greatness transcends the sport. It wasn't just about the game. You have to remember, just a coupleyears prior to his inception in the league, basketball games were shown in tape delay. Jordan also globalized the sport and, whether you like it or not,transformed the league into big business. IMO, all the rings, MVP's, scoring titles, pale in comparison to his true legacy, bringing the league into newheights.

He already is in terms of skill.....a couple more rings and he will be regardless. The Kobe being a better scorer argument will never be won by Kobe fanboys. Simple reason people look too much in to stats. Kobe definitely is more skilled on the offensive side of the ball...he's nowhere near as productive or efficient though so it's really hard to make that statement. Same thing with Melo. He's much more skilled than Bron....yet he gets nowhere near the credit he deserves because of his production.

so what's it matter?

Pau Gasol is more skilled than Karl Malone was offensively, that make him better?

Productivity > Skill.

Originally Posted by JsindaA

Originally Posted by Lbruce89

better scorer
laugh.gif

kobe bryant will be the greatest basketball player of all time.
he probably won't even go down as the best laker of all time
laugh.gif

Kobe > MJ
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
He already is in terms of skill.....a couple more rings and he will be regardless. The Kobe being a better scorer argument will never be won by Kobe fanboys. Simple reason people look too much in to stats. Kobe definitely is more skilled on the offensive side of the ball...he's nowhere near as productive or efficient though so it's really hard to make that statement. Same thing with Melo. He's much more skilled than Bron....yet he gets nowhere near the credit he deserves because of his production.
in terms of skill
laugh.gif

bottom line, he's not the best laker so he can't be the best player of all time

and, melo is more skilled than lebron?

much more?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

so what's it matter?

Pau Gasol is more skilled than Karl Malone was offensively, that make him better?

Productivity > Skill.

Care to point out where in that post I said Kobe > Jordan offensively?

and, melo is more skilled than lebron?

much more?
Uh...yea actually. We can take the much away if it makes you feel better but in all honesty the difference in their skillset is quite noticeable.

Jordon can't shoot, like that matters.

It's when people say Lawrence Taylor can't cover, if Jordon started shooting threes you would thank god.

But its like a rapper who sells millions and millions of records, does that make him the greatest rapper of all time? No, it doesn't.

Kobe Bryant has assets to his game that are BETTER than Michael Jordans...Mike might have rings, but we're talking about skill here. Kobe > Michael Jordan.

I'm going to get a million stone faces, but i don't care. I'm not just a biased Laker/Kobe fan either. This is coming from a basketball fan. When it is all said and done, kobe bryant will be the greatest basketball player of all time.

Kobe > MJ

*puts on flame suit*

a3015645756eb4faf8b01b6a89eb918f72a92df.pjpg

Kobe > MJ

*puts on flame suit*

i'm glad you put your suit on b/c this is CLEARLY A CASE WHEN AN OPINION IS WRONG ...
<br>
better jumper *%@%@ ... jordan more hangtime, better finisher @ the rim, way better mid range game ... (kobe makes more difficult jumpers but 2 pts is 2 ptsright ...um fadeaway) Jordan better FT shooter, better FG% throughout career... more competitive ... would have never lost to phoenix up 3-1 ... or boston by39 ... would have went out fighting ... kobe MAY have him in the handles dept and that may be a reach ... a pretty crossover doesn't mean his handle isnecessarily better ...

NO 1 IS MISTAKING ACCOMPLISHMENTS WITH PURE SKILL .... JUST YOU ....

how many performances on the biggest stages did jordan just leave people in awe ... kobe is great but its not a fair comparison ... its not a fair fight ...

indifferent.gif
@ trying to compare this to rapping ...
roll.gif

laugh.gif
@ somebody sayin the league is tougher now...smh you must be 16 lol...if lebron played in the 90's he wouldn't be doing all that because hewouldn't get to the line and a vetern wouldve taken his head off with all those 3 step drives he be doing

but we're talking about skill here. Kobe > Michael Jordan.

Bookmarked for future reference when some Kobe apologist claims that noone here has said that Kobe is better than MJ.

He will not surpass him.. Neither in terms of accomplishments, nor in terms of how good he was. MJ between 1988 and 1993 was just a better player than Kobe wasor ever will be.

Skill? Yeah, yeah, bla bla bla. Kobe might have accomplished more, but in terms of SKILL, 2000-03 Tracy McGrady > any Kobe.

First thing is first: Kobe was never as good a shooter as MJ was in 1995-96. Other than that season, Kobe was a better outside shooter than Mike pretty muchall other seasons. Mid-range? Never.

Better scorer? Don't make me laugh. MJ has the highest regular season scoring average in history. And if that wasn't enough, his playoff career scoringaverage is 3+ points higher. And if that wasn't enough, his finals career scoring average is even higher. His scoring consistency was scary. He scored indouble figures for 800 or so straight games. And his field goal percentages as a SG were higher than those of most big men.

What about defense? What about the fact that MJ could be a triple-double machine and could average 8 rebounds and 8 assists over a season, when Kobe has nevercome close to this? Just forget it, any logic has no effect you and your kind. It's like talking to a brick wall who just keeps saying "but he hadbetter skills".
eyes.gif
Prove it. Oh, that's right. YOU CAN'T. Instead you just mention it and wait for one of the Team Lakers signatures toagree with you, as if that will make your statement more right.

Man, you guys and your obsessiveness to constantly compare Kobe to MJ is annoying. It's sad how you can't accept the fact that he will never be as goodas MJ, but will still have a great career.

It's when people say Lawrence Taylor can't cover, if Jordon started shooting threes you would thank god.

6765.jpg

Originally Posted by FreddyPee

Kobe > MJ

*puts on flame suit*

QFT....can I get one of those flames suits too?
let me be the first to give you two your first stonefaces you'll receive, out of the many.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

here you go
smile.gif

Everyone should just put Pill Clinton on ignore, because after that post, what ever he has to say is not even worth reading...

Kobe is an amazing player, i love his game, he is great...best in the league and everything...

but just won't compare in all aspects to Jordan....

3 rings where he was the second option??? and he is as good as Jordan? 2 finals appearances where he lost? (once as a second option, and once as a first)...

seriously...just stop.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I find it comedic that people compae Kobe to MJ, when MJ is the prototype.

a few days ago you had Kobe as Black Jesus in your sig
laugh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
you think you slick for changing it

The media just won't give up, they said after last year the comparisons had to stop, yet here they are making them again. As has been stated, people willnot accept anyone ever being as good or definitely not surpassing MJ b/c of the fact of the shoes, commercials, all around mogul, etc. Even if someone couldmatch him in the accomplishments purely from a basketball standpoint (which would be hard to do), I doubt MJ fans would give that player credit, it justwon't happen, they can't separate the basketball player from all the other stuff.

But as for Kobe, he's not there, he won't have the accomplishments (scoring titles, regular season MVPs, etc), but if the Lakers remain intact, he hasa chance to match MJ's total of 6 rings, that's about it.

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Originally Posted by KingJay718

I find it comedic that people compae Kobe to MJ, when MJ is the prototype.

a few days ago you had Kobe as Black Jesus in your sig
laugh.gif
grin.gif
laugh.gif
you think you slick for changing it

Back
Top Bottom