ESPN's what does Kobe have to do to surpass MJ?

he'd have to win 7 championships shootin a fg% of .90 or better during those title runs whild avg. 28 pts a game for those years

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

WHO CARES. SERIOUSLY. WHO CARES.

Exactly... The Man has four titles, Scoring Title, MVP in the regular season and Finals and soon will be on top of most the Lakers ALL-Time statisticalrecords.

He is already in the Top 12 Players in History...

He can't be Jordan... G.O.A.T.
pimp.gif

he can only be Kobe Bryant..... which last time I checked was pretty damn good.....
laugh.gif

MJ was human. Someone can surpass him. If you think its impossible than you are a MJ stan and need to fall back. Dude wasnt even that good of a person ingeneral from what Ive read.

Originally Posted by Wasps and Asps

he'd have to win 7 championships shootin a fg% of .90 or better during those title runs whild avg. 28 pts a game for those years
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

but we're talking about skill here. Kobe > Michael Jordan.

Bookmarked for future reference when some Kobe apologist claims that noone here has said that Kobe is better than MJ.

He will not surpass him.. Neither in terms of accomplishments, nor in terms of how good he was. MJ between 1988 and 1993 was just a better player than Kobe was or ever will be.

Kobe Bryant has assets to his game that are BETTER than Michael Jordans...Mike might have rings, but we're talking about skill here. Kobe > Michael Jordan.

Better shooter, better scorer, better footwork, better ball-handling, etc.

Skill? Yeah, yeah, bla bla bla. Kobe might have accomplished more, but in terms of SKILL, 2000-03 Tracy McGrady > any Kobe.

First thing is first: Kobe was never as good a shooter as MJ was in 1995-96. Other than that season, Kobe was a better outside shooter than Mike pretty much all other seasons. Mid-range? Never.

Better scorer? Don't make me laugh. MJ has the highest regular season scoring average in history. And if that wasn't enough, his playoff career scoring average is 3+ points higher. And if that wasn't enough, his finals career scoring average is even higher. His scoring consistency was scary. He scored in double figures for 800 or so straight games. And his field goal percentages as a SG were higher than those of most big men.

What about defense? What about the fact that MJ could be a triple-double machine and could average 8 rebounds and 8 assists over a season, when Kobe has never come close to this? Just forget it, any logic has no effect you and your kind. It's like talking to a brick wall who just keeps saying "but he had better skills".
eyes.gif
Prove it. Oh, that's right. YOU CAN'T. Instead you just mention it and wait for one of the Team Lakers signatures to agree with you, as if that will make your statement more right.

Man, you guys and your obsessiveness to constantly compare Kobe to MJ is annoying. It's sad how you can't accept the fact that he will never be as good as MJ, but will still have a great career.

It's when people say Lawrence Taylor can't cover, if Jordon started shooting threes you would thank god.

6765.jpg

Kobe is a better shooter from outside than mj ever was. But in Mj prime his midrange was better than kobe's. the comparisons are their because their aliketo how they approach the game and obviously kobe patterning his game around him. Tex winter himself who has watched both makes the comparisons. And for tmaches no better than his cousin vince carter. Not even knocking tmac but he just never took the next step and thats why hes not even mentioned with kobe today.

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

MJ was human. Someone can surpass him. If you think its impossible than you are a MJ stan and need to fall back. Dude wasnt even that good of a person in general from what Ive read.

#++ does that have to do with him as a ball player???
laugh.gif

None of these star athletes are worth a crap of +!%* off the field/court....
ohwell.gif

He's never gonna be considered better, because a lot of people hate Kobe. I don't even know why they hate him.

Thank you, nation, for getting this one right!
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Al3xis:
Pau Gasol is more skilled than Karl Malone was offensively, that make him better?

Productivity > Skill.

FACT

Leave him alone. Let him be his own man. These comparison's are getting annoying.
It's like no matter what dude does, cats compare it to MJ.

"Man Kobe has 2 cute little girls"
"He'll never be like MJ, he has 2 boys AND a girl"
smh.gif

this is such BS cuz u cant say that hell never be better than jordan...wut if he averages 50pts 10assists and 10 rebounds for the rest of his career?? and wins4 more championships? i hate ignorant people that just assume michael jordan is the best that will ever play the game of basketball

^ There are more people that remember Jordan as the best player then there are people who just assume him to be.

And
laugh.gif
@ even fathoming the possibility that Kobe even could average 50, 10, and 10 for the remainder of his career

roll.gif

That's wild.
laugh.gif

Michael Jordan is Michael Jordan

Kobe Bryant is Kobe Bryant

There wont be another MJ or Kobe....MJ was the "best" back then and Kobe is the "best" now ...overall you cant say someone is better thanthe other when clearly its 2 different eras were talking about

Originally Posted by Si3xers55

this is such BS cuz u cant say that hell never be better than jordan...wut if he averages 50pts 10assists and 10 rebounds for the rest of his career?? and wins 4 more championships? i hate ignorant people that just assume michael jordan is the best that will ever play the game of basketball

Not coming at you in any way...Just for a survey I'm conducting I would like to know your age please.

Originally Posted by Pill Clinton

Kobe Bryant has assets to his game that are BETTER than Michael Jordans...Mike might have rings, but we're talking about skill here. Kobe > Michael Jordan.

Better shooter, better scorer, better footwork, better ball-handling, etc.

Please post stats to back your claim up

NVM you can't because your claim is completely unfounded

The scoring title?
laugh.gif
Kobe ain't touching that, I mean he could IF hewants to, but other than that, he won't get it.

The MVPs and Championships, there's a good possibility that Kobe could surpass that.

Wellllll... now that I think about it, I don't think he'll touch the MVPs either, unless you count All-Stars and Finals
laugh.gif

... Anyway, what Kobe has done this past 2 years is crazy! Props to him and the Lakers
pimp.gif

Regular Season MVP, All-Star MVP, Finals MVP, 2x Pacific Division Titles, 2x Best Record in Western Conference, 2x Conference Title, Gold Medal, Championship.

This guy has no break, playing back-to-back 82 games and Playoffs and Olympics. All in 2 years
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Si3xers55

this is such BS cuz u cant say that hell never be better than jordan...wut if he averages 50pts 10assists and 10 rebounds for the rest of his career?? and wins 4 more championships? i hate ignorant people that just assume michael jordan is the best that will ever play the game of basketball
The last and only person to average over 50 points a game was Wilt Chamberlain. Kobe doesn't get his buckets THAT easy.

The last person to average a triple double during the season was Oscar Robertson. This generations level of competition wont let him pad his stats THAT easy.

The last person to have 8 rings over their playing career was Bill Russell. He actually has 11 total, but Kobe wont get any rings THAT easy.

Your ignorance isn't contributing to Niketalk so logout by clicking on the button(s) provided. It's THAT easy.

...if lebron played in the 90's he wouldn't be doing all that because he wouldn't get to the line and a vetern wouldve taken his head off with all those 3 step drives he be doing

Just like I can't wait 'til Kobe retires so the comparisons will stop (and he'll stop holding my Lakers hostage), I can't wait 'til we getfar enough from the '90s that people will stop making these claims.

It didn't happen. MJ never had his head taken off when he was having a historic scoring performance. Sure, he was the recipient of hard fouls from thePistons during important games, but that was an 80s team and it died with them.

Regarding the question, I don't believe it's any one thing that would put a player over the top. Winning probably tops all. Wouldn't there be amuch bigger argument had MJ won five instead of six championships regardless of statistics? Statistics only matter if the championships are the same or closeto the same.

People like myself won't even bother to make the comparison. There are a lot of people out there that don't believe MJ>*, merely that MJ is in thetop tier that includes Magic, Russell, and whichever other player you want to put up there.

All I care about is how the Lakers are doing.

Back
Top Bottom