Established Nt'ers, how long did it take you to get where you are? vol. quarter life crisis.

OP im in the same boat as you
30t6p3b.gif

i dont even know what I have a passion for...

Make sure you d"o" and don't just talk about it. If its's something you feel strongly about and needs to be done, make it your everyday "waking up" priority. Anything can be achieved if you commit to it and build on it. Im in process right now, i was doing well when i graduated, then fell off due to certain family circumstances, was in a life recession and depression, then i started climbing again, im surpassing my old peak, and heading for my dreams, i know what im shooting for now, may it change along the way, maybe, but i have some huge goals<< so having big goals only provides big movement.

If you feel you don't have anything to look forward to, you're just going to do nothing and waste time. Even people with good jobs, and are financially stable are wasting time. Living by others ideals of hows life suppose to be instead of looking inside themselves and seeing what they truly believe life should be like.

I'm in the same boat OP. I feel like I don't know what I'm doing. And to make it "worse" I have a family already (26, married w/ a child) I have ideas but don't know how to get em off the ground or the finances. Keep applyin for jobs payin more but coming up empty handed. I know the Lord has a plan for me but I'm tired of this position.

bump/bookmarked for others to come forth to share their frustration and experiences in life. 

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

Basically I just turned 25 recently and I'm pretty much at the same position I was at right after high school. I do have a job that pays alright, but it doesnt help that I've racked up a pretty good amount of unnecessary debt that a good chunk of my checks go to. I can't help but think everyday about how much time I've wasted since high school, and havent even started to build a foundation for my future. I've been seriously looking into a few medical tech program at the community college, and if/when I do finish, jobs in the field start at around $30 an hour. I can't help but to think if only I started fresh out of high school, I would've been established by the age of 21. Even though I'm not old by any standards, I feel as if time is running out and by the time I get to where I want to be, I wont be able to enjoy life as much as I would now. So to my Nt'ers that who are about that adult life, how long after high school did it take you to figure out that #*$ is real and you have to prepare for the real world? I'm hoping to hear some bum to baller stories from someone who's been in the same predicament as I am.

eek.gif
I feel you op..this sounds dead on me.

Originally Posted by ar916

To be honest without a degree it is very tough out there, and I'm not talking about a BA, you might now need your masters now, but its never to late. Be positive.
This. It seems like a BS is the equivalent of a HS Diploma in today's economy.

I remember feeling like this when i was about 23 or 24. keep that hunger, write down goals, dont give up, do work, and the rest will fall into place. Pretty established now at 31 though. Remember to much is given much is required. Sometimes i think back how life was at 25...... a lot less worries and free time is priceless.

Just think of it like the Mastercard commercial:

House, Car Maintnence, Life Insurance, Day Care, Wife, more Bills.... $7,000

Life at 25 without all that ^%^$........ PRICELESS

But for real i do understand where u comin from

OP I am 25 and pretty established. The only adivse I can give you is get that degree. I got my degree in Mechanical Engineering and havent looked back sense. The best thing you can do for yourself is get an education in a field that you love. Once you do that the success, money and all that other stuff will fall in line. Thats all I can advise you on

Same age. You sound like me a few years ago. I'm still not content but my future is looking bright.

Long story short...you have to start letting go. You have to erase the concept of expectation from outsiders from your thought process. Ignore what friends/family/society tell you what success is. Focus on what you like to do...grind away it...and in due time things will turn for you.

Don't listen to people with these itemized %+$$@%+! pipe dream plans like "a degree is the answer", etc. There is no "answer". Ultimately, you create and fulfill your own destiny as cliche as it sounds. Trust me...I know where you're coming from...but you have to stop looking at time as your enemy. Don't get discouraged when you see young 20 somethings balling out of control. Some of us reach new heights at different stages at life. I'm in the creative field and there are PLENTY of directors, designers, etc. who are in their 30's and just now starting to find their calling in life. Time is a construct of the human mind. The minute I stopped caring about my age and what I felt I should be doing is the minute +$%% started to turn for me.

Back
Top Bottom