Euphoria HBO & A24's series | Starring Zendaya| RIP Angus Cloud

I must have not been paying attention then. :lol:

Examples?
I'll have to rewatch the last 2 eps but I want to say the last ep.

Rue does a lot of talking and a lot of narration. It was in regards to something she did and went somewhere. Basically made an entire scene a red herring.

Like she went some place with somebody and at the end was like but I didn't go to ×.

I'll have to rewatch the last 2 eps but I want to say the last ep.

Rue does a lot of talking and a lot of narration. It was in regards to something she did and went somewhere. Basically made an entire scene a red herring.

Like she went some place with somebody and at the end was like but I didn't go to ×.
I’m trying really hard to think w/o rewatching but the only thing that comes close to a red herring from the last episode was Big Kat smashing dude in the dressing room only for us to find out she fantasized the whole thing.

I’m trying really hard to think w/o rewatching but the only thing that comes close to a red herring from the last episode was Big Kat smashing dude in the dressing room only for us to find out she fantasized the whole thing.
Nah, not that. I'll find it later today.

It was all Rue and a Rue scene.. Maybe the second ep.

Yall in here confusing the hell out of yourselves :lol:...Jules did meet up with Nate's Dad, then she went to the party afterwards. Why make a big deal out of revealing who the man is, if they never met? That makes no sense. Not to mention, he makes an appearance at the carnival in the next episode, where she and Nate are supposed to meet for the first time. That should be very interesting.

The question I have is whether or not Nate is setting Jules up with that carnival meet up. Their communication through the app seems genuine, but it strikes me as odd that neither one knows what the other looks like. He only sends D pics, and she only sent body shots. He's obviously catfishing her, but for what purpose? Is it because of who he is, or does he have other plans? Do the kids in that school know she's trans? I"m assuming she's the only trans person in that town, and she doesn't seem like she's ashamed of it, so would she be lying on the app about who she is as well? I know she lied about her age to Nate's father, but "Tyler" says he's in HS so she has no reason to lie about that. That is the only thing that is confusing me.

Yall in here confusing the hell out of yourselves :lol:...Jules did meet up with Nate's Dad, then she went to the party afterwards. Why make a big deal out of revealing who the man is, if they never met? That makes no sense. Not to mention, he makes an appearance at the carnival in the next episode, where she and Nate are supposed to meet for the first time. That should be very interesting.

The question I have is whether or not Nate is setting Jules up with that carnival meet up. Their communication through the app seems genuine, but it strikes me as odd that neither one knows what the other looks like. He only sends D pics, and she only sent body shots. He's obviously catfishing her, but for what purpose? Is it because of who he is, or does he have other plans? Do the kids in that school know she's trans? I"m assuming she's the only trans person in that town, and she doesn't seem like she's ashamed of it, so would she be lying on the app about who she is as well? I know she lied about her age to Nate's father, but "Tyler" says he's in HS so she has no reason to lie about that. That is the only thing that is confusing me.
probably a set up to get back at her for pulling the knife on him at the party

spiceman80 spiceman80 I think Nate knows it's Jules that he's chatting with. And he certainly knows the person he's chatting with is M->F.

I think everyone knows she's transitioning, at school and everywhere else.

spiceman80 spiceman80 I think Nate knows it's Jules that he's chatting with. And he certainly knows the person he's chatting with is M->F.

I know he's aware she is M > F, I just wasn't sure if he knew it was Jules he was chatting with. Like I said she doesn't seem to be ashamed of who she is so I don't know if she has her real identity on the app or not. They make it seem genuine like he's really into trans women, but for obvious reasons he needs to keep it on the low. The scene in the hallway when they bump into each other makes it seem like she isn't even on his radar, plus when they're txting in class it's like he just put it together that it's Jules he's communicating with. Unless I'm misreading his look.

I'm going to assume he knew from the jump.

Last edited:
Why did you edit man? :lol: I didn't even make the connection between the title and Nate :wow:

Someone in here said that Nate knew it was her and I agree. But I thought he knew even before the classroom scene.

It wasn’t verified for us, the audience, that he knew it was Jules that he was texting until that classroom scene. The way he casually looks over and reacts so nonchalantly left me to interpret that he’s known before that moment.

That’s just my interpretation of it.

Y'all were not paying attention to episode one's narration by Rue if you think Jules met up with Nate's dad. What actually happened is she chatted with him, planned to meet up, but then went to the party instead.

robtoofresco robtoofresco I must've been thinking about Rue pulling the narration lie twice in the first ep. I skimmed eps 2 & 3 only watching Rue scenes and I didnt catch it.

He clearly knows.

He was texting with her in the same classroom and looking at her reactions as she replied.

Y'all were not paying attention to episode one's narration by Rue if you think Jules met up with Nate's dad. What actually happened is she chatted with him, planned to meet up, but then went to the party instead.
Right? I knew I wasn’t tripping. So many dudes in here were so saying the opposite though it had me questioning my memory. :lol:

Never again.
4E52E45B-131F-40D4-9271-BD6A92BB925C.png

robtoofresco robtoofresco I must've been thinking about Rue pulling the narration lie twice in the first ep. I skimmed eps 2 & 3 only watching Rue scenes and I didnt catch it.
Yeah, thought so only because it was something I was looking out for after the first episode so I could follow the correct narrative if that was the direction they were going to keep going in and I would have noticed it.

He clearly knows.

He was texting with her in the same classroom and looking at her reactions as she replied.
I think you're confusing her narration. She's telling the story in the past.
Her words:
"Jules told me what happened that night [meeting Nates dad; the knife incident]. Looking back at it, she woulda been better of just going to McKays.. But... [SCENE SHOWS JULES GOING TO THE MOTEL]"

I think this is foreshadowing that Nate likely did something related to the events that happen that night.

She later goes on talking about" going to lexi's but I didn't, that was a lie" which might be what you're confusing it with

I think you're confusing her narration. She's telling the story in the past.
Her words:
"Jules told me what happened that night [meeting Nates dad; the knife incident]. Looking back at it, she woulda been better of just going to McKays.. But... [SCENE SHOWS JULES GOING TO THE MOTEL]"

I think this is foreshadowing that Nate likely did something related to the events that happen that night.

She later goes on talking about" going to lexi's but I didn't, that was a lie" which might be what you're confusing it with
No.

Everybody should rewatch the episode now.

Literally right after the scene where Nate's dad bangs Jules and tells her "you're so clean" Rue begins to narrate. They show her at the party where she takes some drugs, the room literally spins, she's talking about **** about to get weird at the party and that she is an unreliable narrator. She literally says that to the viewer.

Then they show Nate kissing some chick trying to get Maddy jealous and Maddy taking Tyler to the pool and telling him to **** her right there. As they begin to kiss Rue narrates "And thats about the time Jules decided to ghost her hookup and bike over to McKay's."

If you were paying attention earlier before Jules left her house there was only one hookup on that app she had planned. She ghosted Nate's dad.

The reason I'm not confused anymore about this is cuz I immediately said to myself did she just basically say yhat entire scene didnt happen? Plus I posted about this on my first post on the furst page.

As far as I can tell, they shot that entire scene to show you Jules is capable of doing this and mainly to connect to the end of the pilot ep reveal that Nate's dad bangs trans ppl which they go all the way in on in the next episode.

If that scene had really happened, then Jules would've recognized Nate when she looked at his dad's phone and saw the screensaver of Nate and his entire family. And I mean to say she'd recognize him when he confronted her at the party or in any of the next episodes in school.

What you're talking about is a completely different part of the ep that is an example of Rue's unreliable narration.

Now if other ppl still disagree, thats fine. Next week, if Jules and Nate's dad (Cal) meet they'll either have that weird awkward we recognize each other look or they wont.

Last edited:
No.

Everybody should rewatch the episode now.

Literally right after the scene where Nate's dad bangs Jules and tells her "you're so clean" Rue begins to narrate. They show her at the party where she takes some drugs, the room literally spins, she's talking about **** about to get weird at the party and that she is an unreliable narrator. She literally says that to the viewer.

Then they show Nate kissing some chick trying to get Maddy jealous and Maddy taking Tyler to the pool and telling him to **** her right there. As they begin to kiss Rue narrates "And thats about the time Jules decided to ghost her hookup and bike over to McKay's."

If you were paying attention earlier before Jules left her house there was only one hookup on that app she had planned. She ghosted Nate's dad.

I guess its kinda confusing, but I'm pretty sure she means that she left, disappeared while Nate's dad was taking a shower... when she found the ring and fam photo.
I'm sure they would've used a totally different word if she flaked and didnt show up...

The picture on the phone was one of a younger Nate so I doubt she would be able to recognize Nate from the quick glance at the phone.

Wait, I thought it was understood that they both know who eachother is. This show is confusing.

Back
Top Bottom