European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

Irba, the Swedish God of Football
pimp.gif

This is a good game

Shevchenko, the Ukraine God of Football...

Lol at that kid's reaction...
EDIT ~ Wow... England not feeling so well all of a sudden...
laugh.gif

Yes hoping that the kid would be gif, laughed when I saw that live
roll.gif

England/France was about what I expected.

Sweden/Ukraine was quite entertaining.

Hopefully it comes down to England needing to win against Ukraine to get through. That would be fun.

Poland and Russia tomorrow. CAN'T WAIT.

I hope Poland lights them up. they need a win and points since Russia beat on the Czechs.

The last team I want to see make it out of group play is Russia.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

I can understand being pleased with the result, the point but I can't imagine anyone being truly satisfied with England's play over 90 minutes.

I've said it before: Defensive football is part of the game. I welcome it. I love the tactical aspect of destroying. However, I don't believe this France side is so good that it was required here. This is France, not Spain.

Edit: Debuchy was a bright spot in this snooze fest.

It's not that France is so good that they needed to play that defensive it's just that England's attack is thaaaaat bad.
laugh.gif
 Although it sucks to watch our best chance to make it out of the group is to just need to hold shape well, be hard to beat, and hope that our wingers can make something happen. 
What a display from Shevchenko 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

England France was quite boring.  I also agree with trunks.  My favorite part about watching the Italian's play is their organization in the back.  We would watch video's as kids of their zone defense scheme's when we learned how to run it.  Their lines, shape, everything is impeccable.  So I love good defense but Italy at least would counter attack.  England just sat back there and did nothing.....not my favorite thing to watch.

I also don't know if its just me....but when they announce the commentators for the game I PRAY the game I want to see doesn't have Kasey Keller calling it.  He is absolutely terrible as a commentator.  I used to think Alexi Lalas was bad but Keller is way worse.  I understand you hate "simulation" but when a dude gets hacked and you say...."that really wasn't a foul he didn't get hit that hard"...bro....he got fouled....regardless of how hard it was....it is still a foul please shut up.

I hate Germany but I like Ballack as a analyst.  He gives great insight.     

^im sure Ballack has a great football mind and it'd be different if he was on German television...but he doesnt speak English all that well, its tough to listen to sometimes..and Bob Ley is great host for Espn, but not so much when it comes to soccer, drives me crazy how often he mispronounces names...i dont mind Rebecca Lowe but they should just have Max Bretos in the studio hosting...normally i just tune out during halftime unless they cut to Roberto Martinez, that man is gold

Was truly disappointed in england..  I feel like both parker and gerrard were playing the same position.. they need to sort out who is gonna be the holding mf (parker) and who should be attacking and feeding the ball (gerrard), reminded me too much of what happens when lamps and gerrard play together.. I would not be happy with this kind of performance.. typical england, only threatening from set pieces.. hopefully rooney returning can help link up the play between the mf and welbeck... 

Really looking forward to Russia/Poland tonight.. have a feeling poland can pull off the win

Germany vs Holland should be good as well.. but then again most if not all of the big team games have been pretty dull..

I agree the big teams facing each other have been quite boring. But I hope the Netherlands game vs Germany is good since Netherlands just lost and want a win. Same for Portugal I expect them to play hungry.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

England France was quite boring.  I also agree with trunks.  My favorite part about watching the Italian's play is their organization in the back.  We would watch video's as kids of their zone defense scheme's when we learned how to run it.  Their lines, shape, everything is impeccable.  So I love good defense but Italy at least would counter attack.  England just sat back there and did nothing.....not my favorite thing to watch.

I also don't know if its just me....but when they announce the commentators for the game I PRAY the game I want to see doesn't have Kasey Keller calling it.  He is absolutely terrible as a commentator.  I used to think Alexi Lalas was bad but Keller is way worse.  I understand you hate "simulation" but when a dude gets hacked and you say...."that really wasn't a foul he didn't get hit that hard"...bro....he got fouled....regardless of how hard it was....it is still a foul please shut up.

I hate Germany but I like Ballack as a analyst.  He gives great insight.     
You are not the only.. In fact.. The whole ESPN coverage is the worst part about Euro 2012.
Taylor Twellman.. Kasey Keller.. Alexi Lalas.. Bob Ley.. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Max Bretos and Roberto Martinez are the only bright spots..

I wish I could watch on BBC..

But on another note.. 

I think Poland vs. Russia might be the highest scoring match so far..

Damn^^Those European chicks
wink.gif

To me its still up in the air whose going to make a run to the finals. There hasn't been a team to really have a stand-out performance and most matches have been draws. After more pool play we'll see. I honestly wish the euros were broadcasted in spanish. I like ESPN analysts but watching soccer in english feels more boring at some times, the spanish commentators on univision just add more excitement to the game imo when the world cup comes around I always watch in spanish

Originally Posted by Jking0821

You guys must be like 15 years old. England has been playing that type of football even when Alan Shearer and Bobby Moore were on the team. That is why only Americans and some Africans who have a rooting interest in a player watch English Football . There was an article is a soccer journal that asked why we (americans) follow english football but yet we dont like defense. It basically summed it up as being a language and race issue.

Anyway AllezLa France y Vamos Espana.

Man Poland squandered early opportunities like last game and it looks like it'll cost them yet again.

Back
Top Bottom