European Championship 2012, Poland-Ukraine June 8-July 1

Top of the group
pimp.gif
 but we still didnt play well enough to win today. Lucky only goal after a goal keeper $!%$ up and a bad ref decision to deny the opponent we need to get it together vs Italy. 

Originally Posted by wayne looney

Zlatan just one upped Balotelli with that one...amazing how deft his touch is for someone his size 
i know its what hes known for but Gerrard's passing range is incredible

no.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Zlatan just one upped Balotelli with that one...amazing how deft his touch is for someone his size 

no.

Dude, with all respect to Balotelli's goal, it isn't even close. He didn't even know where he was placing the ball exactly. Zlatan's was at least twice as far away from the goal, more difficult to execute technically and just looks more beautiful aesthetically.

30t6p3b.gif
@ my three favorites (Spain, France, Portugal) having to knock each other out before the final.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
 @ having germany, england, or italy in the final.

Thinking it'll be Germany vs Spain (Vegas favs)

but

Italy vs Portugal it highly likely too

watch it be

Czech Rep vs Greece
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

no.

Dude, with all respect to Balotelli's goal, it isn't even close. He didn't even know where he was placing the ball exactly. Zlatan's was at least twice as far away from the goal, more difficult to execute technically and just looks more beautiful aesthetically.
The only thing i saw more impressive from balo is that he was being dragged down with his back towards the goal.
The fact that ibra, for a man his size has this kind of coordination pulled a shot like that away from the keeper was amazing

no.

ya he did.

the main thing for me is Zlatan was almost completely unmarked... lots of guys could scored that goal, not many would have had the strengt to hold the defender as Balotelli did and still finish like that. (Zlatan could, but not many else)

also, Welbecks goal was better for me as well...

Yes! Mexes got a second yellow against Sweden so Koscielny will surely start against Spain.

quarter finals are shaping to be a great set of matches!

portugal vs czech republic (portugal for me)

spain vs france (spain)

germany vs grecce (germany)

england vs italy (england)

the main thing for me is Zlatan was almost completely unmarked... lots of guys could scored that goal, not many would have had the strengt to hold the defender as Balotelli did and still finish like that. (Zlatan could, but not many else)

also, Welbecks goal was better for me as well...

laugh.gif
Say what?? You have got to be out of your God damn mind if you seriously believe that.

And I gotta say, if the degree of how close a player was marked determines what a good goal is for you, you gotta have the lamest criteria. Yeah, Maradona's goal against England in 86 sucked, he just wasn't defended properly. Are you aware that there is also such a thing as losing your marker? But I guess that counts as a minus for you if you are to see it as truly a great goal, even if the goal is scored in amazingly acrobatic fashion. The distance from where Balo scored, it was impossible for the goalkeeper make a save for about 90% of the goal area. He hit that 90% and scored. Zlatan had to legitimately beat the (better) keeper from some distance.

im not saying Zlatans goal wasnt great but I jus dont see it as the goal of the tournament... maybe Ibra has done such crazy things im sub conciously rasining the bar for him...

Balotelli's bicycle kick goal has been goal of the tournament for me so far. Ibra's goal is in second. Pirlo's free kick goal is in third.

My top 3 goals so far:

1. Balotelli's bicycle kick goal:

tumblr_m5uqzyuqz61rr8wbto1_r1_500.gif

2. Ibrahimovic's bicycle kick goal:

tumblr_m5w3d6OTT61rr8wbto1_500.gif

3. Pirlo's free kick goal over the Croatian wall:

tumblr_m5uai0dG9p1rr8wbto1_r1_500.gif

The camera angle these goals where recorded on don't make the goals justice.

Originally Posted by Noskey

So kick Robben off the team, and get a coach who has a backbone, and the team should be back on track, right?

Reporters are saying that Ronald Koeman will replace Marwijk. Wiki has Netherlands 2012- under teams managed...someone really wants it to happen
laugh.gif

Robben hasn't been helpful at all, besides internal conflicts within the NT, I think the L's he has taken during the season are still in his head.

Word is that van Bommel is retiring from the NT

I would imagine that younger talent is gonna be brought in to the line up...

France was looking poor today, I'm glad Mexes is out...Kos
pimp.gif

Their chances against Spain aren't great but I think for France, using the right tactics, they can win....certainly a dark horse team.

But Nasri looked injured, didn't seem to serious but if he isn't fit for the game it will be a problem

Back
Top Bottom