Ever bought extended warranty.... and actually got to use it?

Bought a pair of running shoes from Sports Authority. They were a pair of asics gel kayanos. I bought the one year warranty for an extra $15. Just before the year was up the mesh on the toe box ripped. It was covered under warranty so i paid $12 for shipping the shoes back and they sent me a gift card for the full amount($154.63). not bad

Bought a pair of running shoes from Sports Authority. They were a pair of asics gel kayanos. I bought the one year warranty for an extra $15. Just before the year was up the mesh on the toe box ripped. It was covered under warranty so i paid $12 for shipping the shoes back and they sent me a gift card for the full amount($154.63). not bad

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by airforce416

Sagemax from B&H Photo is the truth.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

anyone used squaretrade?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

What do you want to know?
are they legit?
have fast can i expect a refund from them?
do they provide a shipping label?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by airforce416

Sagemax from B&H Photo is the truth.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

anyone used squaretrade?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

What do you want to know?
are they legit?
have fast can i expect a refund from them?
do they provide a shipping label?

I used to buy iPods with warranty from Best Buy. My 1st Gen - 4th Gen Classic iPod all were replaced conveniently when the new generation model came out. I just paid for a new warranty, and I'd get upgraded. Same with the 1st-4th Gen Nano. They have since changed their policy on "fixing" iPods instead of giving you a new one, but if you send them out 3 times for the same thing, they give you a brand new one.

Any type of electronic that I know will be outdated within a year, I buy the extended warranty on. 9/10 they will replace with new one for you. Just say the battery broke, etc etc etc.

I look at it as a way to stick it to them for selling warranties that people never use. Most people would rather deal with broken equipment instead of demanding a new one through the warranty that they paid for...

I used to buy iPods with warranty from Best Buy. My 1st Gen - 4th Gen Classic iPod all were replaced conveniently when the new generation model came out. I just paid for a new warranty, and I'd get upgraded. Same with the 1st-4th Gen Nano. They have since changed their policy on "fixing" iPods instead of giving you a new one, but if you send them out 3 times for the same thing, they give you a brand new one.

Any type of electronic that I know will be outdated within a year, I buy the extended warranty on. 9/10 they will replace with new one for you. Just say the battery broke, etc etc etc.

I look at it as a way to stick it to them for selling warranties that people never use. Most people would rather deal with broken equipment instead of demanding a new one through the warranty that they paid for...

I got one for my droid and Ive had three replacements. Best part is I didnt have to return phones so I basically have a bunch of battieries and 16gb mini sd cards that im sittin on.

I got one for my droid and Ive had three replacements. Best part is I didnt have to return phones so I basically have a bunch of battieries and 16gb mini sd cards that im sittin on.

I bought an extended warranty for 3 years on a Philips DVD Player and i still haven't used the warranty.

I bought an extended warranty for 3 years on a Philips DVD Player and i still haven't used the warranty.

Bought one for my Dell laptop a few years back. No problems until a couple years after when the laptop's motherboard died while I was overseas. Contacted Dell here in the states, they contacted their Dell branch near me, next day someone came over to my room and replaced the motherboard in front of my eyes
pimp.gif

Bought one for my Dell laptop a few years back. No problems until a couple years after when the laptop's motherboard died while I was overseas. Contacted Dell here in the states, they contacted their Dell branch near me, next day someone came over to my room and replaced the motherboard in front of my eyes
pimp.gif

Bought my imac back in 2005 bought applecare 3 - year warrantly thought I'd never use it. Motherboard starting acting up a month before extended warranty was about to expire. Needless to say the warranty was worth every penny.

Bought my imac back in 2005 bought applecare 3 - year warrantly thought I'd never use it. Motherboard starting acting up a month before extended warranty was about to expire. Needless to say the warranty was worth every penny.

Back
Top Bottom