Ever do a meetup where u thought u were being set up to get jacked?

Quite the opposite. Sold my Black/red XIII's for dirt cheap when I was unemployed. Gave the guy a ride home and he looked paranoid as hell like if I was gonna drive down a dead end and call the goons out.

Sold my old iPhone 3 to some guy. Met up at the Pittsburg BART station with my cousins lil .22. He hit me up and was like "I'm wearing a Yankees hat."

When I saw him, I breathed a sigh of relief cuz it was like tall, but frail Indian cat. Dude was cool and even offered to jailbreak my iPhone 4 on the spot lol.

Otherwise I sold a bunch of car stuff and never had a problem. Became friends with one person cuz he came to pick up some rims while we were BBQin and he turned out to be pretty cool.

Nowadays I meet up in public places like starbucks. It makes most people less likely to try something. Back in the day I did a meet for some XII taxi lows I e-knew him for a while but became suspicious when he wanted to do a walking hand off. I declined and met in from of the movie theater, he was hoodied up with his homeboy looking shady but everything went smooth.

0_o at you guys going to their homes and etc, never ever do that. Go to a public place where a lot of people usually go, like a mall. Also, you should really have final say in the location since you are the one selling the item.

I've been doing some craigs list meet ups the past month, mostly games though but i usually go in a crowded place before dark. met some cool and interesting people, haha nothing but college kids from BC,Northeastern and Harvard buying my games

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

i dont get why people dont go with a partner, or meet at a starbucks or something.

why meet on the streets?
cause meeting at starbucks would make too much sense

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Im saying if u gonna try n jack someone just do it. Dont be in the sidelines like a chump. Wasted my time i was dolo too so they could have atleast tried

woosah bro, that life; you're not about

Was pickin' up some good the other night.. Apparently the dealer had some beef with one of my buddies who was stealing customers from him.. Anyways, we meet up in a parking lot somewhere, and I'm just PG chillin' in my SUV when all of a sudden 3-4 all pull in and park near me.. The dude calls me, I recognize the car, get out, exchange, and I dipped it with the quickness
laugh.gif

Don't think they were for me, but still, didn't wanna stick around too long..
tired.gif

Couple days later, heard my buddy got sent to the hospital.. $!+* was cray

Honestly no.  I've gone to dude's neighborhoods to make a deal, and so far no issues.  I don't get scared easily.

2 years ago in high school, i was selling freddy kruger SB's on the other site. Dude hit me up via PM. My price was 460 and dude offered 480. Not only that, but he only had 2 posts and no feedback. So I'm skeptical and thought of him as one of those that try to make you ship same time or some other #!@+$!%#. Turns out, we're both from NYC and he wants to meetup. Now from a dude with 2 posts and no feedback and offering higher than my higher price, i thought i was gonna get got. So I made dude pretty much come to my school (in lower manhattan near city hall so there's a lot of people around). He came just alone and i was with 2 of my boys. One of them had a knife on him and the other had a half opened duffle bag with a bat inside. The dude was twice my width. Took long as $$%# looking over the shoes. I thought he had other goons waiting and was just stalling time till they came. Finally, he gave me all the cash and it was all good.

I'm a pretty big dude. I know that doesn't mean that I'm invincible, but as far as meetups, NOTHING has ever happened to me. It also pays to meet in places that people would think twice before pulling that thing out.   BE SMART PEOPLE. If you need to bring someone, do so.

Got got for my Space Jams.

Got got at a gasoline station.

Two of them, one of me and they had a gun. I wasn't gonna lose my life over shoes. "Here you go, take it."

I've pulled off 40+ meet ups in front of the Fry's near my house. I always make sure to mention the cameras they have in the parking lot.

i never roll dolo, i got my boys chillin' in the background somewhere just in case. i did have one meetup to sell my iphone 3G... this frail lookin' kid was wanting to meet halfway, i live on the border of richardson/plano and he lived in arlington (north texas). i told him i lived in sherman, and halfway for me was richardson. kid drove over an hour through rush hour traffic to give me $300 clams. i drove 2 minutes.

i rule.

but i'm a 6'5" latin dude that's built like larry allen with a beer gut, so yeah. kid was SHOOK at first but all was well.

Always meet somewhere like inside the mall, go with someone else, & be strapped depending on how valuable the item.

Sort of off-topic, but sort of on-topic:

I have some wheels for sale on a forum. The day I posted them up, some guy sent me like three messages - the guy even sent a message to my other account on another forum (with a different screen-name). The kid wants to meet-up. He has a total of six posts (three of which are on my FS thread).

Seems kinda fishy that he went through all my posts in one forum to find my SN for the other.

Should I do it?

I usually bring my boy... NTer IRON MIKE. The screenname speaks for itself hahaha. I am not about that life, he is.

And it's usually at food courts at big malls anyway. Only once have I met at a random 7-11 corner. Dude sounded like a big dorky high schooler just thirsty for Jordans... and it wasn't a lot of money being handled and the shoes were not heat at all (CDP 20 and CDP 22)

i meet up with a fellow NTer one time and 5 mins later the cops showed up and check on us while we where checking each others shoes that we were planning to trade. lol

I never ever had a problem. WHY? Because i have street smarts. I meet up in public places like busy gas stations,malls etc. I also will meet any time during the day or late night. Latest I met at was 1:30 AM to sell my iphone.

Just have to be smart and I always ride solo

And here is a tip. If somebody is checking out your merchandise, stand between him/her and the exit or their car, so if they will think twice of running.

I've only done a meet up like 5 times. 3 of those times were with one dude. Shoutout to BuddahWithDaJays!!

The other two times I made the guy meet me in a mall. I felt pretty goofy walking around with shoe boxes in hand
laugh.gif

I'm young (18) and I've been doing meetups solo since I was like 14 or 15. I always used to do Bronx meetups before and I felt a little skeptical about this dude that wanted me to meet up with him in his hood by Burnside but nothing happened. One time I met with some guy on like the outskirts of 34th st. and he tried to sell me some fake Dino jr.s (He advertised real kicks with photoshopped tags) .. I inspected the Dino's and just gave him the
indifferent.gif
. He probably couldve tried something, I was a frail 15 year old and he was a grown man
laugh.gif
but he kept it cool and kept it moving.

Now it's usually Manhattan meetups so theres really not a lot of room for someone to try and pull something.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

I've only done a meet up like 5 times. 3 of those times were with one dude. Shoutout to BuddahWithDaJays!!

The other two times I made the guy meet me in a mall. I felt pretty goofy walking around with shoe boxes in hand
laugh.gif
You don't remember meeting up with me? (nh) 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom