Ever do a meetup where u thought u were being set up to get jacked?

All my meet up from CL have gone without a problem. I always bring someone with me, and I always meet up in a public place where there is a lot of people and cameras around. 

This was in the back of my head when I met ##$#$% online but I never did get jacked because of it.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

All my CL meetups has fortunately been A+ ( 10+ transactions )

Met a college chick from ECU to buy a phone off CL.

Was raining that day, so i got out and walked to her window, said a few words, exchanged merchandise. Texts me after that I was a nice guy to get out in the rain instead of her and her daughter, told me I was cute.

Hung out a few times.. good times.
did you hit?

Originally Posted by Regal Black

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

All my CL meetups has fortunately been A+ ( 10+ transactions )

Met a college chick from ECU to buy a phone off CL.

Was raining that day, so i got out and walked to her window, said a few words, exchanged merchandise. Texts me after that I was a nice guy to get out in the rain instead of her and her daughter, told me I was cute.

Hung out a few times.. good times.
did you hit?

roll.gif
#DEAD
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I've done over 40 meet-ups (Craigslist, NT, SC, etc) and haven't gotten "got" by the other party. One time I got some fake Day of the Dead SB Dunks, but that was my own fault for not checking the shoes carefully. Most meet-ups were done in front of a K-Mart that was five minutes walking distance away from my old house.

Spoiler [+]
Regarding the fake shoes/hammer story last year...
The dude had another CL listing for hats, so I arranged another meet-up to try and get my money back. I brought a hammer, and most likely to swing at him, in case the guy wouldn't give my money back. I told him, "Yo, let me get my money back 'cuz these shoes are fake." He replied, "Nah man, I don't have your money...I already spent it." We just kept saying the same thing over and over again. I really wanted to swing my hammer at his ugly face, but there were a lot of people around since there was a freaking carnival that day. I got tired of the nonsense so I went to what I thought was his car so I can wreck it with the hammer, so dude would give back my money. But as soon as I got to that car, I saw dude at another car. I saw another white Toyota Camry where the guy was at and figured that was his car (there were two white Toyota Camry's that day in the parking lot about 40 feet from each other
30t6p3b.gif
). I ran to his car, but dude was already inside and he locked the door, so there was no way I could've gotten my money back. I swung my hammer at his car anyway so he'd have to pay money to have it repaired. I managed to break the side mirror, but only minor damage to his windows because I only had two hits at it before he drove away. I had a really crappy camera on my phone and it couldn't take a clear picture of his license plate. I went on NT to see if there was any way I could get this guy's address (I changed the story up a bit to avoid making myself look like an idiot for not checking the shoes prior, but I made myself look like an idiot regardless because I said the guy yanked the money right out of my hand and ran away. Yes, pics, slick replies, and .gifs made their way into the thread, and "lulz were provided." NT detectives were able to identify his identity because of his eBay profile, but no accurate address was given. I lost $200 because of the fake shoes. I ended up donating those kicks to people in Vietnam instead of trying to sell them to another buyer.
ohwell.gif

i only have one bad meet-up story.

was 6 years ago, craigslist was pretty new (at least to me it was at the time) i was 18, had 8k saved for a car, but needed 14k for this supercharged 02 'stang i wanted so i beg my dad for the money, and he says fine, but since i'm putting in 6k i'm sure as hell coming to check this car out before you buy (thank god he did). so it's the day before me and my dad are gonna buy this car, we're chillin with my family. My families mad close and gets hyped easy over stuff so when they hear i'm checking out this car tomorrow in a matter of seconds 2 of my uncles, and my cousins boyfriend decide they want to come with me to help (like my dad they know quite abit about cars). so meet up day comes around my dad (6'2 260ish lbs), uncle T (6'4 180ish scrawny guy but super aggressive so im happy to have him backing me), uncle L (5'9 220ish, Italian, mafia child only reason he's not in that life is cause his dad died when he was young), cousins BF (5'11 big black dude like 220ish looked real big) and myself (5'11 165ish, was only 18 so not very tough looking) all head out to the meetup, meetup was on the guys street in South Rockaway we roll up, in uncle T's big Escalade just looking so tough i thought we were good, anyways we're inspecting the car, looking down at the engine when two big (probably 6'2 300+ lbs) black guys in black hoods and jeans walk up next to us holding wood baseball bats, the guy showing us the car pulls apart his button up shirt to show us the crow bar he's got tucked in his pants, then tells us that we should hand over the 14k, and the keys to my uncles car, at this point i'm just a teenager so im just standing there scared $hi$%#less, and basically pleading with my dad to just let them have the cash, my dad says @!!!# no, and next thing you know socks the guy with the crow bar in the face, then the rest of my "crew" jump into action, and begin taking shots at the big goons, few minutes later we have one guy knocked over, and have a good escape route to our car, so my dad screams at us to get the #$T^ outta there, and we all race to my uncles car, hop in and race off with a quickness.
pimp.gif

i have done more meet-ups, and (thankfully) have never had any other problems, but this is the reason i will never meet up with a seller i don't know for an item worth more than $500, and i will never go to a meet up alone

Had the feeling today. Did a CL meet up for my iPod Touch at Burger King and the guy brought 2 guys with him...Needless to say, i was shook for a min, but it ended up okay.

Originally Posted by VietStar

I've done over 40 meet-ups (Craigslist, NT, SC, etc) and haven't gotten "got" by the other party. One time I got some fake Day of the Dead SB Dunks, but that was my own fault for not checking the shoes carefully. Most meet-ups were done in front of a K-Mart that was five minutes walking distance away from my old house.

Spoiler [+]
Regarding the fake shoes/hammer story last year...
The dude had another CL listing for hats, so I arranged another meet-up to try and get my money back. I brought a hammer, and most likely to swing at him, in case the guy wouldn't give my money back. I told him, "Yo, let me get my money back 'cuz these shoes are fake." He replied, "Nah man, I don't have your money...I already spent it." We just kept saying the same thing over and over again. I really wanted to swing my hammer at his ugly face, but there were a lot of people around since there was a freaking carnival that day. I got tired of the nonsense so I went to what I thought was his car so I can wreck it with the hammer, so dude would give back my money. But as soon as I got to that car, I saw dude at another car. I saw another white Toyota Camry where the guy was at and figured that was his car (there were two white Toyota Camry's that day in the parking lot about 40 feet from each other
30t6p3b.gif
). I ran to his car, but dude was already inside and he locked the door, so there was no way I could've gotten my money back. I swung my hammer at his car anyway so he'd have to pay money to have it repaired. I managed to break the side mirror, but only minor damage to his windows because I only had two hits at it before he drove away. I had a really crappy camera on my phone and it couldn't take a clear picture of his license plate. I went on NT to see if there was any way I could get this guy's address (I changed the story up a bit to avoid making myself look like an idiot for not checking the shoes prior, but I made myself look like an idiot regardless because I said the guy yanked the money right out of my hand and ran away. Yes, pics, slick replies, and .gifs made their way into the thread, and "lulz were provided." NT detectives were able to identify his identity because of his eBay profile, but no accurate address was given. I lost $200 because of the fake shoes. I ended up donating those kicks to people in Vietnam instead of trying to sell them to another buyer.
ohwell.gif

I remember that story,
A guy specifically saying 'Yoink'
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Originally Posted by ErickM713

When I got my first xbox 360 modded to play burned games.
It was me and 3 friends, we go to the *@+ crack of Houston, I mean this dudes place was right next to the woods, no street lights, it was pitch black except for my headlights and like 5 or 6 houses with the porch lights on.

Dude came out and was mad shady and just said "Alright, give me your xboxes" so I grab the hunting knife I had on my waist and asked if he was trying to pull something, dude laughed and said no.

2 hours later we had modded xboxes and nobody got scalped.

and yes, the knife was the size of a *+#%@#* bowie knife, always carry it whenever I know I'm gonna be out late on foot or meeting people up from craigslist.

laugh.gif
then what happens when he pulls out on you and you get popped...your a dude on his property brandishing a bowie knife...cool story though...

my worst meetup involved a vice squad...i was meeting a dude off of a bmw forum for some replacement side mirrors....my car was modded a lil but his was a over the top show car...anyways we meet up in the parking lot of a huge circuit city at a major mall...we talk for a min about cars i check out the mirrors and his whip then and bam undercover cars/trucks etc come from every direction they hop out guns drawn im like
eek.gif
  did this dude really bring a hit squad to jack me for this $150 and/or my car

then they identified themselves as detects and went thru the whole slew of questions and car searches...said they had been monitoring the lots because of increased drug activity whatever...luckily i was clean
glasses.gif

it almost got ugly tho cause dude decided to play one of those my daddy is a lawyer condescending tones with these 6 undercovers asking for badge numbers, bosses names etc and im like man i got nothing to do with all that - im not doing anything illegal so let me be on my way

they let me skate but continued their talk with him-

lol i know that feeling bro
laugh.gif
wrong place wrong time

ive been doing meetups for a while now nothing bad ever happens a lot of the stuff that seems sketchy turn out to be legit lol

bought something off CL once dude wanted me to meet him at some gas station doesnt have a cell phone once i got there and saw it was a frail kid i offered a lowball and got my price
pimp.gif

Yea one time I met up with my mom to sell her an ounce of bud. She showed up with a black dude and two pitbulls I circled around them with my benz and sped off quick. Now I only see her on christmas at the tree when I open my presents.

with chicks I meet online, I always think Imma get jump when off rip they want me to come to their crib...

Back
Top Bottom