EVO 2014 - Who's hyped?

He got better but they really didn't give him anything to address his bad matchup. I do think he benefits from red focus tho.

Yeah red focus seems weird in combos I see a lot of people use it raw but get blown up due to not knowing properties

Haven't kept up with Ultra at all. What's the tier list looking like??? Is red focus the ability to absorb two hits?

^ Yes.

Not too sure in tier list. Everyone seems to be different.

I wonder who @MarkMan23 predicts will be in the top 8 for Ultra this year?

Last edited:
Going on Saturday.  I'm excited for the convention part of EVO too.  Played the oculus rift and KI last year.  Looking forward to possibly playing MK X?  Project morpheus?

My little cousin from outta town is here for the week, wants to watch smash, so i guess i gotta be there at 10am. 
tired.gif

I think there are going to be a lot of blow ups this year. Watching CEO there's a lot of stuff people were getting away with because the game is still so new. Thats the x factor and why I think its going to be hard to guess the top 8.

If Smug is going to EVO I'll be rooting for him :pimp:

New Thread for this year perhaps?

Anyway, I expect the international guys to dominate Ultra this year. Maybe Justin or PR Balrog but I can't see them getting top 8 this year.

Kazunoko's Yun looks good. Daigo, Tokido, Infiltration will be up there as always. I stil haven't seen Daigo's evil ryu yet.

Capcom hit Gen too hard with that nerf hammer so I doubt we'll see Xian in the top 8 but I would love to see him there.

I can see Momochi as a dark horse with that Juri and Ken and Smug should get far but I think inexperience will be his main weakness.

As for Marvel, I'm expecting Chris G to take it this time round but it's Marvel so anything can happen. I want to see Scrubeks and Apologyman do well. Anyone who plays Skrull is in my good books

So hyped this year.

Stream Schedule

07_evosched01.jpg

I'll advise you guys not to skip Ultra on the Capcom twitch channel since you'll need to subscribe (pay) to watch the archives if you missed anything.

Last edited:
Good stuff.

Agreed on Momochi and Smug. I still have a feeling there are going to be big blow ups.

Chris G is fraudulent. He got exposed at last years evo by Justin's BnB wolverine and he'll get exposed again.

Last edited:
Chris G is fraudulent. He got exposed at last years evo by Justin's BnB wolverine and he'll get exposed again.

Think he has beaten Jwong every single major besides last years evo though, including majors that took place after. CEO was the latest

Seen the everybody hates chris g vid on YouTube? Its like an hour long vid of him losing

Wish my dude marlinpie would win it for marvel

As for sf4 id say tokido will take it. I wanna see him win one. Momochi too

pretty excited for everything. always will have a deep love for fighting games. plus the FGC is hilarious

Haven't seen him since the Capcom cup. Forgot about him too.

Too many killers this tournament.

Fradulent, he's dominated Marvel 3 for a while now.

I'm not a fan of Morri-doom but you have to give Chris G props as to how he developed that team.

Everyone else who tried to do the Mori-Doom, just isn't the same.  But i read one of FChamps tweets where he played one dude with his dark phoenix team, and lost 3 lvls in a soul eater combo. 
eek.gif
 just when i though i've seen everything in marvel, im looking forward to see new tech.

A viewer’s guide to Evo, the year’s biggest fighting-game tournament

For three days every year, the masters of Street Fighter and Tekken and everything in between converge on Las Vegas. They come from around the world to compete in the Evolution Championship Series (Evo for short), the biggest fighting-game event on the calendar. Eight games will be played, and eight champions will be crowned.

While multi-tournament events like Evo happen all year round in all corners of the globe, none are as big, prestigious, or cutthroat. It doesn’t just take skill and strategy to win an Evo tournament. You’ve got to be able to put it together on the biggest stage of them all, a crucible that has thwarted some of the scene’s most dominant players.

More a the link but a pretty good read.

http://www.avclub.com/article/viewers-guide-evo-years-biggest-fighting-game-tour-206670

and he palying with a gamepad controller too and not an arcade stick.

Looks like he giving dudes the biz though.

When does our flashhouse come on and play?

Haven't watched much while at work, but that Japanese Juri looked good.  I watched Infiltration easily beat his first opponent on stream.

Back
Top Bottom