Ex-referee Tim Donaghy blows whistle on NBA dirty secrets

[h1] Kings 102, Lakers 106[/h1]
Recap Play-By-Play Shot Chart Conversation

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]T[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SAC (10-6)[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]102[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAL (15-4)[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]106[/td] [/tr][/table]
[h4]Final[/h4]

9:30 PM ET, May 31, 2002

Staples Center

Los Angeles, CA

[h2]O'Neal rises to the occasion; Lakers force Game 7[/h2]
[table][tr][td]Also See[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Bucher: Win or lose, Bibby's arrived this series
· Bembry: Shaq, Lakers rise and shine in Game 6
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Team Stat Comparison[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]SACRAMENTO[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]102[/td] [td]106[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FG Made-Attempted[/td] [td]38-92 (.000)[/td] [td]34-74 (.000)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3P Made-Attempted[/td] [td]8-19 (.421)[/td] [td]4-15 (.267)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]FT Made-Attempted[/td] [td]18-25 (.000)[/td] [td]34-40 (.000)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds (Offensive-Total)[/td] [td]14-44[/td] [td]6-45[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]20[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Turnovers[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fast Break Points[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fouls (Tech/Flagrant)[/td] [td]31 (2/0)[/td] [td]24 (1/0)[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""]Top Performers[/th] [/tr][tr][td]SACRAMENTO[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]C. Webber
Reb: 13
Ast: 8
Stl: 1
Blk: 0
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]S. O'Neal
Reb: 17
Ast: 1
Stl: 0
Blk: 2
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Game Leaders[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]SACRAMENTO[/td] [td]LOS ANGELES[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Points[/td] [td]C. Webber 26[/td] [td]S. O'Neal 41[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rebounds[/td] [td]C. Webber 13[/td] [td]S. O'Neal 17[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Assists[/td] [td]C. Webber 8[/td] [td]K. Bryant 5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steals[/td] [td]. Christie 2[/td] [td]R. Horry 1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Blocks[/td] [td]. Christie 2[/td] [td]S. O'Neal 2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Team stats: Sacramento | Los Angeles[/td] [/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Series[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sat 5/18[/td] [td]LAL 106, @ SAC 99[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mon 5/20[/td] [td]@SAC 96, LAL 90[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Fri 5/24[/td] [td]SAC 103, @ LAL 90[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 5/26[/td] [td]@LAL 100, SAC 99[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tue 5/28[/td] [td]@SAC 92, LAL 91[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]» Fri 5/31[/td] [td]@LAL 106, SAC 102[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sun 6/2[/td] [td]LAL 112, @ SAC 106[/td] [td]Recap | Box Score[/td] [/tr][tr][td]· Complete Schedule: Lakers | Kings[/td] [/tr][/table]

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- At 2:30 a.m. Friday, Shaquille O'Neal and his daughter were roused by a ringing telephone.
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
3118.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td][size=-2]Bryant[/size][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
0847.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td][size=-2]O'Neal[/size][/td] [/tr][/table]"I need you, big fella,'' Kobe Bryant said. "Let's make history.''Perhaps it was just the wakeup call O'Neal needed. Several hours later, the NBA's most dominant big man simply wouldn't allow the Lakers' dream of a dynasty to die at home.Carrying his teammates on his broad shoulders one more time, O'Neal had 41 points and 17 rebounds as the two-time defending champions forced a Game 7 in the Western Conference finals, beating the Sacramento Kings 106-102 Friday night. With everything from savage dunks and delicate hook shots to a string of 10 straight free throws in his most prolific game of the postseason, O'Neal shook off the injuries that have plagued him -- and got the officials' calls that eluded him -- to flatten the frustrated Kings."I'm still feeling pretty much the same,'' O'Neal said of his many injuries, "but I'm asking the guys to throw me the ball.''O'Neal wouldn't allow this epic playoff series to end early. Now, it will end appropriately, with the champs matched against the NBA's best regular-season team in a winner-take-all game on Sunday.The winner of Game 7 at Arco Arena will play host to the New Jersey Nets, winners of the Eastern Conference, in Game 1 of the Finals on Wednesday night.The Lakers won thanks to O'Neal's brute brilliance and a steady parade to the free-throw line that infuriated the Kings, who felt the officials had caved in to O'Neal's week-long carping about disrespect and poor calls."I feel sorry for our team, because they did everything they could to win the game,'' Sacramento coach Rick Adelman said. "It's a shame, a real shame. ... Our big guys get 20 fouls, and Shaq gets four. You tell me. Obviously, they got the game called the way they wanted to get it called."We tried to play through it ... but obviously, it was a huge change tonight over the last few games.''But the Kings knew from the start of their quest to dethrone the champs that they had no answer for Shaq at the top of his game. O'Neal went 13-for-17 from the line -- not a remarkable feat for most players, but an indication of just how seriously O'Neal took this game."I've been in the league 10 years, and I've only complained about the officiating about five times,'' O'Neal said. "A couple of games in this series, I tried to be cute and stay out of foul trouble ... but I decided to play my game, be aggressive, and let the fouls come as they may.''Bryant had 31 points -- going 11-of-11 from the line -- and 11 rebounds in the Lakers' first elimination game since the 2000 conference finals against Portland.Los Angeles went nearly six minutes without a field goal down the stretch in the fourth quarter, but made 18 free throws over the final 6:21 to hold off the Kings. Bryant made four free throws in the final 19.8 seconds for the Lakers, who shot a jaw-dropping 27 free throws in the fourth."I've heard from some champions that to get to be a champion, you have to go through this, so I was warned,'' Sacramento's Chris Webber said. "It's in the books, and we have to some back ready to play. In no way is this crying.''Without O'Neal's effort, Los Angeles' hope of a third straight title probably would have died against another aggressive, uptempo effort by the Kings. Webber had an outstanding game, finishing with 26 points, 13 rebounds and eight assists.But O'Neal was relentless in a performance fitting for the "last true center,'' as he calls himself. He scored 21 points in the first half, then didn't come out of the game until the final seconds of the second half, getting the ball on nearly every important possession.While winning three of the previous four games in the series, Sacramento used foul trouble and big early leads to wear down O'Neal and his arthritic toe before crunch time; in Game 6, O'Neal didn't appear the least bit tired or injured.Kings big men Scot Pollard and Vlade Divac both fouled out against O'Neal, and Sacramento was forced to use Lawrence Funderburke in the fourth quarter when Webber picked up his fifth foul."I knew before the game I'm going to be out,'' Divac said. "Shaq (fouled out) up there, I (fouled out) right here.''The Lakers shot 40 free throws to the Kings' 25."There were some very interesting sequences in this game that were some eye-openers,'' Lakers coach Phil Jackson admitted. "I'm sure we'll want to take another look at them, both Rick and myself.'' The Kings went up 90-89 on Divac's three-point play with 4:38 left, but the officials were busy turning the game into a free-throw shooting contest. Bryant, Robert Horry and Rick Fox all contributed free throws as the Lakers went up 99-96.Los Angeles didn't get a field goal between O'Neal's hook shot with 6:51 left and his nimble reverse layup with 52 seconds to play that put the Lakers up 101-98.Hedo Turkoglu twice cut the lead to one point, but Bryant -- who made seven free throws in the fourth -- was perfect on four straight free throws, and Bibby missed a 3-pointer over Bryant to seal it.O'Neal scored 21 points on 9-of-15 shooting in the first half, but Sacramento closed the half with 10 straight points. Divac's buzzer-beating 3-pointer -- from the exact spot where Horry won Game 4 for the Lakers -- gave the Kings a 56-51 halftime lead.

Anybody remember that Portland/Lakers playoff game in 99 or 2000 in which the Blazers were on the road in their red alternate jerseys. Kobe had five fouls anddrove to the basket and Sheed was there to block his shot but Kobe cleared him out with his left hand and shot it with his right. It was a veteran black refthat blew the whistle. He held his hand in the air to signal a foul on Kobe which would have been his 6th and he would have been disqualified. The ref realizedthat foul would have fouled Kobe out of the game and called it on Sheed. Sheed went crazy and was ready to kill the guy. Anyway, the Blazers won the game butas Sheed said, "The NBA is entertainment." It's all fixed.

NBA becomes too much of a business nowadays. It is NOT a sport anymore, it's a business. Like every company, they try their ways to get that money if itmeans going the dirty route.

No need to take this league seriously anymore, at the end of day, just look it as entertainment and just
laugh.gif

Ive said it before, the NBA is more dependant on officiating than any other sport.

Out of all the team sports the NBA is the easiest to manipulate by officials.

If another reliable source comes forward backing Donaghy's tales , the NBA is DONE!
smh.gif

You can read it yourself.

"Los Angeles didn't get a field goal between O'Neal's hook shot with 6:51 left and his nimble reverse layup with 52 seconds to play that putthe Lakers up 101-98."

27 man. You guys have so many championships, we just wanted to have one here in Sacramento. Now I know why I hate the Lakers again. Thanks Tim.

and even that fixed game had a much more believable FT margin than game 2 in boston 40 attempts to 25=15 margin while those crooked refs in boston didn'ttry to hide it at all with a 38 to 10 advantage=28 margin. *!#$ is just disgusting, i really don't even expect us to win the series now

Originally Posted by targiu23

what goes around, comes around. celtics will win the series.

And I'm sure a true Celtics fan would want a Championship at the expense of the league. Yeah, right.

Being a Lakers fan, I'm disgusted right now to know that game 6 was fixed. I'm not mad at the team, I'm mad at the league.

ive known the nba is rigged for over 10 yrs

when are people going to get a clue?

the nba is a business, they want to make money. it makes SENSE for them to do this

keep talkin donaghy
pimp.gif

Out of all the team sports the NBA is the easiest to manipulate by officials.

yep

i really hope that players and coaches come out and say "the league is fixed"......thats the only way anything is going to be done

one day i can say i was right, $tern will be behind bars, and you all will know that your idol (his initials are M and J) wasnt all he was cracked up to be

Yup, that boy NobleLame looking more and more insightful.

you think this clown is the mesiah that first came and told everyone the league is fixed?
laugh.gif
hes a faker fan who thinks $tern rigged it against the fakers......he eventhought the phoenix suns were being rigged to win it last yr
laugh.gif

Well, the Celtics and Lakers were the best teams in the league this year, so I see no conspiracy there.

I'm honestly not suprised.
That Game 6 was one of the worst officiated games in the history of sports.

I feel bad for that win. I don't feel bad for game 7, we beat them fair and square(I think
laugh.gif
)

But for real, if ANY other official backs this the league is DONE.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

and even that fixed game had a much more believable FT margin than game 2 in boston 40 attempts to 25=15 margin while those crooked refs in boston didn't try to hide it at all with a 38 to 10 advantage=28 margin. *!#$ is just disgusting, i really don't even expect us to win the series now

don;t try to donwplay it. this was game 2 vs. a game 6 when the kings could have closed out the series at home.... huge FT margin for LA when they play onthe road..... i mean that's messed up.....

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

and even that fixed game had a much more believable FT margin than game 2 in boston 40 attempts to 25=15 margin while those crooked refs in boston didn't try to hide it at all with a 38 to 10 advantage=28 margin. *!#$ is just disgusting, i really don't even expect us to win the series now

don;t try to donwplay it. this was game 2 vs. a game 6 when the kings could have closed out the series at home.... huge FT margin for LA when they play on the road..... i mean that's messed up.....
ummm game 6 was at staples.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

That's pathetic.

That's why we can't take sports too seriously, too much scandalous @#*# going on in EVERY sport.

Well said btw.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Boston fans still going to say game 2 wasn't fixed?

nobody is saying it wasn;t, but that laker fan was trying to downplay game 6 vs. game 2. game 6 was more serious cuz a home team had a chance to close outthe series but they fixed it to extend it.

Why's everyone believing this guy? He's got everything to gain. A lot of the time people in his situation exaggerate things or flat out make things upto save their own necks.

But if this is all true
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

don;t try to donwplay it. this was game 2 vs. a game 6 when the kings could have closed out the series at home.... huge FT margin for LA when they play on the road..... i mean that's messed up.....
ummm game 6 was at staples.

yeah get yo facts straight, home team (lakers) got all the calls sorta like another team that wears green and played on sunday. it's the same thing allover again. im not trying to downplay anything it is what it is, and if i were a kings fan, i'd be pissed.

He is a perpetual liar and a thief/crook. Can't forget about this... it just hits too close to home.
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom