Ex-referee Tim Donaghy blows whistle on NBA dirty secrets

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Boston fans still going to say game 2 wasn't fixed?

nobody is saying it wasn;t, but that laker fan was trying to downplay game 6 vs. game 2. game 6 was more serious cuz a home team had a chance to close out the series but they fixed it to extend it.
ummm again game 6 was at staples.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

and even that fixed game had a much more believable FT margin than game 2 in boston 40 attempts to 25=15 margin while those crooked refs in boston didn't try to hide it at all with a 38 to 10 advantage=28 margin. *!#$ is just disgusting, i really don't even expect us to win the series now

don;t try to donwplay it. this was game 2 vs. a game 6 when the kings could have closed out the series at home.... huge FT margin for LA when they play on the road..... i mean that's messed up.....
ummm game 6 was at staples.

yeah get yo facts straight, home team (lakers) got all the calls sorta like another team that wears green and played on sunday. it's the same thing all over again. im not trying to downplay anything it is what it is, and if i were a kings fan, i'd be pissed.

my bad on the facts.... but doesn;t matter, i know what you guys are trying to do.... it makes you feel better that if the celtics win this, you can saythatb it was fixed cuz it will lessen the pain that the 2002 championship now has a * in the court of public opinion. misery loves company.....

what does he have to gain?

He already plead guilty to his charges.

John Lauro, Donaghy's lawyer, filed the four-page letter to a federal judge because none of the information was included in the government's letter to the judge seeking leniency for Donaghy when he is sentenced, according to the Daily News.

If he is found to be a blatant liar, more than likely it will add time to his sentence

Lemme guess, U believe Roger Clemens over Brian Mcnamee too
laugh.gif

how bout the 2000 WCF finals game 7

probably the worst game ive ever seen

it was like a story book watchin that .........like a scripted movie. they even ran finals ads featuring the pacers (who were already in the finals) andthe........fakers. this was all while portland had a big lead. not once did any of the commercials have the blazers in it.

Why's everyone believing this guy? He's got everything to gain. A lot of the time people in his situation exaggerate things or flat out make things up to save their own necks.

lookin at your avatar, i can see why you wouldnt want to believe it. afterall, how many times did the league try and get the knicks a championship in the 90s?

and even that fixed game had a much more believable FT margin than game 2 in boston 40 attempts to 25=15 margin while those crooked refs in boston didn't try to hide it at all with a 38 to 10 advantage=28 margin. *!#$ is just disgusting, i really don't even expect us to win the series now

don;t try to donwplay it. this was game 2 vs. a game 6 when the kings could have closed out the series at home.... huge FT margin for LA when they play on the road..... i mean that's messed up.....
ummm game 6 was at staples.

yeah get yo facts straight, home team (lakers) got all the calls sorta like another team that wears green and played on sunday. it's the same thing all over again. im not trying to downplay anything it is what it is, and if i were a kings fan, i'd be pissed.

my bad on the facts.... but doesn;t matter, i know what you guys are trying to do.... it makes you feel better that if the celtics win this, you can say thatb it was fixed cuz it will lessen the pain that the 2002 championship now has a * in the court of public opinion. misery loves company.....

Hey if both of our teams are both sitting at the top of NBA Franchises, we might as well share the lows together as well.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Why's everyone believing this guy? He's got everything to gain. A lot of the time people in his situation exaggerate things or flat out make things up to save their own necks.

But if this is all true
smh.gif

Brian versus Roger Clemens?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
so will your 2008 championship if it happens, cause everyone knows it would have been an entirely different series if game 2 had been called evensemi-fairly.

Yes dude is a liar but anybody who watches the NBA or any sport for that matter can see it's easy to fix a game. I believe the players are in on it too.

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

it was like a story book watchin that .........like a scripted movie. they even ran finals ads featuring the pacers (who were already in the finals) and the........fakers. this was all while portland had a big lead. not once did any of the commercials have the blazers in it.

lookin at your avatar, i can see why you wouldnt want to believe it. afterall, how many times did the league try and get the knicks a championship in the 90s?

OMG LOL.........................knick fans get ready to comment.....this post got even bigger
laugh.gif
roll.gif

it was like a story book watchin that .........like a scripted movie. they even ran finals ads featuring the pacers (who were already in the finals) and the........fakers. this was all while portland had a big lead. not once did any of the commercials have the blazers in it.

didnt know the refs were allowed to shoot bricks for the blazers.

Basketball is my favorite sport, but I swear, I hope that the ratings go down to zero now, at least for a couple of seasons, so that the league has to startfrom the bottom and build trust all over again. Maybe that will teach $tern.

Oh yeah, time for $tern to leave as the head of the league.

But if this is all true
smh.gif

Sounds a lot like this guy named Canseco. How'd that turn out for the MLB?
What's so stupid is that Stern and other execs had to know Donaghyknew what was going on. I would have gone to every extent possible to get him to shut his mouth. This is going to be hilarious when things really start comingto fruition. The government will definitely get involved.

I just don't see where all this credibility is coming from. It's like anything he says now can't possibly be a lie. What makes him so credible?

I'm not saying he's lying, I'm just saying that we should probably take into account that this is Tim Donaghy who could just be looking to bringothers down with him.

And it doesn't matter whether he's pled guilty or now, a lot of the time giving up others helps lighten your sentence.

Clemens and McNamee? Really?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
the NBA might have to wipe the entire last 10 years from the record books if this comes out to be true, this WILL be worse than the steroid scandal everthough about being

didnt know the refs were allowed to shoot bricks for the blazers.

Co-sign on that. The Lakers comeback in that came was predicated on the Blazers missing everything and the Lakers hitting big shots. I don't rememberfree throws playing a big part in it.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

But if this is all true
smh.gif

Sounds a lot like this guy named Canseco. How'd that turn out for the MLB?
What's so stupid is that Stern and other execs had to know Donaghy knew what was going on. I would have gone to every extent possible to get him to shut his mouth. This is going to be hilarious when things really start coming to fruition. The government will definitely get involved.
Joka, U already know about people in power.
They get so big that they figure no matter what is aimed at them, it will not reach them.
Im quite sure Stern and whoever else figured," No one's going to believe a word Mcnamee is saying."

HTTB, what makes him incredulous????
the fact that he gambled on basketball???

Jeez, I make one post questioning this dude's credibility and everyone jumps down my throat.
laugh.gif

Seems like y'all were just waiting on any ounce of "proof" that the NBA fixes games to pounce on.

And again, I'm not saying he's lying, I'm just saying we have to remember who this info is coming from. I don't see what makes him sobelievable.

That's just me, though.

*waits for WILLINC to come and and cry blasphemy* Guess we can add a * next to Miami's 2006 title too. So far we got Lakers 2002* and Heat 2006* what otherseries can yall think of?

Back
Top Bottom