EXPLOSION @ Boston Marathon

We gave these guys welfare.

We allowed them into our country because their homeland was ****.

They get scholarships, education opportunities and the ability at high level jobs.

This is how they repay us?

Unreal.

Loving a country is not taking it how it is, it is about actively trying to make it a better place for the next generation. Pointing out that America doesn't f-ed stuff too could start a dialogue that could lead to pressure being put on government to change it foreign policies

Or people could just stick their heads in the sand and act like America does nothing wrong, that would be much much easier. :rolleyes

The thing is if we just sit back and not attack Al-Qaeda they will spread and multiply even faster.  Yes it's sad that we use drone strikes in places like Yemen  to target their members and in doing so we also kill innocent people by blowing up an entire block the Al-Qaeda members live in.   Some will blame our government for that but I will put the blame on the Al-Qaeda members.   My reasoning is this.   Not to long ago (1970's) we actually helped  Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda out.  The US and Saudi Arabia not only trained them but we provided weapons to them in their war vs the Soviets.  For half a  century the United States and many of it's allies saw the Islamic right as convenient partners in the Cold War.   So in return of us helping them out and thinking we were gonna become allies they started to attack us.  :smh:   

here's a link to an interesting read about the subject
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012...and-saudi-backing-of-al-qaeda-led-to-911.html

Maybe I went off track.

I'm not Obama, I shouldn't really be to critical of his decision because I don't have to deal with what he has too. I have heard some very cogent arguments defending drone strikes as a necessary evil, which I respect.

But what I was trying to say, that stuff like drone strikes make it easier for extremist groups to go "look, see, America's missiles killed two kids last week, they are evil, we must rebel against the evil empire" . What it is false to dudes to say that killing civilians is something that America doesn't do. Maybe it is not murder, but it is reckless homicide

This is a quote from that page.
You blame Al-Qaeda, yet the link you gave says the opposite.

???

Why don't you just leave the country, you America-hating hippie!
your just in here trolling!
laugh.gif
  I said how I feel about the situation and I post an interesting link to what Rusty was saying.  I've stated in my post that I blame Al-Qaeda.  You have been trolling my comments all day when I'm not even talking to you.  I'm just trying to have a mature discussion with Rusty That's why I quoted him.    Go make a new thread and talk about how you are Anti American!  

At the end of the day most countries of the world, INCLUDING the US is responsible for some effed up shib.

But so are all these countries we drone strike.

There's no right side or wrong side in the grand geopolitical power struggle.

It seems like many people in here (and the public in general) have problems when we voice any criticism about the United States, even when they are valid.

Why should America be exempt from such criticism?

America should not be exempt from such criticism.

But such criticism should have its own thread.

This thread is about the bombing in Boston, and the developing investigation.

People celebrating and saying USA probably is tainted by the fact that these folks were immigrants.

But that's nowhere near an important thing to talk about in this thread.

still waiting for a response, Stilln729. :wink:

That's funny. I'm still waiting for your response to this.

You can voice your opinion to your little heart's content. I think it's stupid and I think it's obvious that you're just thirsty for some sort of dissent, but you can say whatever you like.

Now, could you please explain to me why the sense of pride that our citizens felt when Bin Laden was killed is any different from the feelings that the people of Boston experienced?

Do you see the chanting of USA as a xenophobic act? Or is it a showing of national pride?

Do you think it's wrong to be prideful of something that our military/law enforcement has accomplished?

You're acting as if patriotism should be strictly reserved for times when we deal with entities that oppose America's name or society. That's just silly.

We gave these guys welfare.

We allowed them into our country because their homeland was ****.

They get scholarships, education opportunities and the ability at high level jobs.

This is how they repay us?

Unreal.
exactly lol same as what i was saying about Al-Qaeda.  We helped them out thinking they would become our allies and in return they attacked us.
mean.gif

lol it sure has.  Now it's being flooded with anti American views.   Like we did something to provoke them brothers to bomb and kill innocent people even though they had it great here living the American dream.:smh:

For real.

You guys are watching the Anderson Cooper special?

This Carlos Carlos Arredondo guy (Hero cowboy) has gone through alot. One son gets killed by a sniper in Iraq, the other commits suicide.

Saves a guy who's legs were blown of in the marathon (Bomber placed the bag near him).

This has Motion picture written all over it.

I read up a lot on the guy, really brought tears to my eyes

Dude is just a good hearted soul

Word.. I wish dude nothing but well wishes for him from now on.

Maybe I went off track.

I'm not Obama, I shouldn't really be to critical of his decision because I don't have to deal with what he has too. I have heard some very cogent arguments defending drone strikes as a necessary evil, which I respect.

But what I was trying to say, that stuff like drone strikes make it easier for extremist groups to go "look, see, America's missiles killed two kids last week, they are evil, we must rebel against the evil empire" . What it is false to dudes to say that killing civilians is something that America doesn't do. Maybe it is not murder, but it is reckless homicide
It's like we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.  I agree.  it's a tough call but I put my trust in Obama making the right decisions.  He has a lot more info on things then we do.  

Really isn't anything else on tv about this. MSNBC has Witness To Waco on. That whole ordeal that led to McVeigh bombing in OKC. They also had a special on him because yesterday marked 18 yrs since the tragedy.

They showed this earlier too, with audio of McVeigh. I could not believe how cocky and evil this dude sounded.

America should not be exempt from such criticism.

But such criticism should have its own thread.

This thread is about the bombing in Boston, and the developing investigation.

People celebrating and saying USA probably is tainted by the fact that these folks were immigrants.

But that's nowhere near an important thing to talk about in this thread.
This^ I don't understand why the mod doesn't make them start a new thread.  
mean.gif

LOL you really can't be serious?
dude is in here trolling hard.  lol mods don't care either that this thread has been filled with troll comments
mean.gif
  it's one thing to have a good mature discussion but I'm sick of all the anti American troll comments.  It's getting old fast.  We get it for some of you no matter what happens you blame the US government for it
laugh.gif
  Go start a new thread and talk about it.  This thread is for the Boston Bombings. 

Last edited:
still waiting for a response, Stilln729. :wink:

That's funny. I'm still waiting for your response to this.

You can voice your opinion to your little heart's content. I think it's stupid and I think it's obvious that you're just thirsty for some sort of dissent, but you can say whatever you like.

Now, could you please explain to me why the sense of pride that our citizens felt when Bin Laden was killed is any different from the feelings that the people of Boston experienced?

Do you see the chanting of USA as a xenophobic act? Or is it a showing of national pride?

Do you think it's wrong to be prideful of something that our military/law enforcement has accomplished?

You're acting as if patriotism should be strictly reserved for times when we deal with entities that oppose America's name or society. That's just silly.

I could've sworn I posted a response to this. My mistake.

Like I've been saying this whole time. It's the MOTIVE. We know why Osama Bin Laden orchestrated 9/11. He killed thousands of innocent people. He's ideologically against the US.

In this case, people hadn't known the motive yet. I've been saying all along that it's motive and context. We had more misinformation than information in the Boston Bombings.

Chanting USA can be xenophobic and/or a showing of national pride. About two months ago, two Texas high school basketball teams played against each other. One had White Basketball players, the other had Latino basketball players. The White team won. Its students started chanting USA. Clearly, that's xenophobic at the very least.

You can be prideful of our law enforcement/military. There's nothing inherently wrong about that. Like I've said, it's the context.

I've already told you that USA chants can be used for something like the Olympics. Be patriotic whenever you want. I'm saying in this case, it seemed xenophobic.

Back
Top Bottom