Explosion in Beirut Lebanon...wow

Dawg... so this wasnt intentional just idiotic on the part of the port’s authority? Smfhh

absolutely shocking images man

Condolences to everybody in Lebanon dealing with this, I’ll be sending a prayer.

Have any gofundme’s opened up?

Awful, man. I wonder if this could’ve been avoided. I can see an electrical fire starting but please don’t tell me it was something simple like an employee smoking :frown: :smh:

Someone ****ed up bad.

I know it looks like what we think a nuke would look like.

But a nuke would be unfathomably devastating.

Got lots of family there, it's like 2am now in Beirut I'll try and contact them. Last I talked to my oldest cousin he said things were really bad there financially. The government was broke and was looking into selling the country to China (paraphrasing). Its a shame that such a small beautiful place never recovered from terrorism and civil war. I wonder if this was an accident, or something more nefarious going on, there was some high level Hezbollah trial starting Monday. For killing an ex PM in a 2005 bombing. (I'm pretty sure)

Got lots of family there, it's like 2am now in Beirut I'll try and contact them. Last I talked to my oldest cousin he said things were really bad there financially. The government was broke and was looking into selling the country to China (paraphrasing). Its a shame that such a small beautiful place never recovered from terrorism and civil war. I wonder if this was an accident, or something more nefarious going on, there was some high level Hezbollah trial starting Monday. For killing an ex PM in a 2005 bombing. (I'm pretty sure)
Yup. The Special Tribunal is supposed to return their verdict this Friday. The four suspects are associated with Hezbollah. I still think this was just a random, unfortunate accident, but there's a lot left to learn about what happened.

Dawg... so this wasnt intentional just idiotic on the part of the port’s authority? Smfhh

absolutely shocking images man

Wonder how much negligence will be blamed on their financial woes. Had been hearing Zimbabwe, Venezuala esque stories about their currency going on on top of The Rona Economy

Yup. The Special Tribunal is supposed to return their verdict this Friday. The four suspects are associated with Hezbollah. I still think this was just a random, unfortunate accident, but there's a lot left to learn about what happened.

It could have very well been an terrible accident, an intricately planned attack, or just some random attack.
Talked to my cousin briefly hes still trying to contact people he knows. Said the closest hospital to the explosion was so badly damaged they weren't even functioning, injured people were just being left at the hospital and the hospital had no way to even help other than medics. He said everyone is on edge noone knows what's going on really...
They're so used to bombings and attacks, it's sad...it's what comes after that they fear the most. He's hoping it was an accident too.

hope your fam is safe man

I can't find it now but I'm pretty sure I just watch a 60 minutes episode within the last year about this exact thing happening at a port in Italy if I remember right. It's exactly like they said, they confiscate illegal nitrate being shipped, store it in port waiting for a country to pay to dispose of it and by then the half life decay is so bad that its super unstable and the heat then ignites it and the whole port blows up. Hella sad for all those people.

It happened in China a few years back, it was an overheated container of nitrocellulose that caused it.

Glass shattered up to 15 miles out
skynews-lebanon-beirut-map_5058352.jpg

I was reading the wikipedia on ammonium nitrate disasters earlier today. It's crazy how often this happens. Today's explosion may have been the biggest to date. :smh:

its crazy they don't have a precedence or official way to handle these situations. like take that **** to the desert and let it off or pour it out.

anyways imagine holding up a bunch of nitrate and then there's a bad earth quake and you're responsible for this times and earth quake, i hope nothing like this happens again. we need to run through all our port towns.

Back
Top Bottom