Explosion in Beirut Lebanon...wow

Not the same at all but it reminds me of Chernobyl in a sense where a catastrophic explosion occurs and radiation lingers. Not sure what the side effects are of Ammonium Nitrate but I hope nothing lingers in the air from the blast.

The videos are so shocking. The aftershock of the blast spreading out after the sound really is insane to see.

I’m not buying this is an accident just quiet yet....theres no way you store compounds potent enough to create a blast like that in such a populated area....in such quantities???

Thats like erroneously negligent.....

Crazy how its “only” 100 dead. I know that count is very well going to rise but for a blast that huge, I woudda thought the casualties would have been far greater.

I’m not buying this is an accident just quiet yet....theres no way you store compounds potent enough to create a blast like that in such a populated area....in such quantities???

2020 was voted most negligent year by buzzfeed

Crazy how its “only” 100 dead. I know that count is very well going to rise but for a blast that huge, I woudda thought the casualties would have been far greater.
considering the nearest hospital to the blast got wrecked as well
casualty #'s may increase depending on how fast aide is sent over there

I imagine most bodies are still burried in rubble. Ppl will probably have to declare ppl missing and eventually declare them dead when they don't surface.

Actually it's pretty well known that they seize this illegal ammonia nitrate shipments on the high seas and store them in ports until they can be demolished and like I said before this EXACT same thing happened somewhere in the Mediterranean I believe with the last ten years.. it was no where as bad but they just got the port rebuilt from that one not long ago. You can find governments and whistle blowers have been sounding the alarm on storing these unstable and high destructive substances and chemicals in port cities around the world for years now but no one ever does anything. Hopefully this one will change that.

And also the big problem why these end up sitting in ports so long is because no one can agree on who's to pay for the destruction of the chemicals and whos responsible for them since they were always seized in international waters from countries that don't have relations and laws with the governing countries that seize it.

Some good news at least,

Britain has promised a $9.1 million humanitarian support package.

Australia said it was donating $A2 million in humanitarian support.

Gonna call my cousin later and see what's going on, I'll update later.

Back
Top Bottom