Explosion in Beirut Lebanon...wow

1596913054943.png

I would have been turned to dust

:wow:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12361325/lebanon-corrupt-government-explosion-beirut-resigns/

Didn't really get a chance to talk to my cousin hes going to call me back he said. I'm really curious how this "whole government" resignation plays out.
My understanding is it's just the cabinet and the president has to approve (and he is not stepping down himself, although he should).

My understanding is also that a lot of the current cabinet are new and were not the ones who were corrupt and stealing money over the past few years, and if anything they were being sidelined from any real reforms by those other corrupt politicians.

1596913054943.png

I would have been turned to dust

no way I got fam in Leesburg...bro that's a solid 25-30min away from DC. that radius is insane.

any physics majors/enthusiasts/engineers on here i need your help. this one has been bothering me for a while. below you'll find a 4k vid of the explosion. watch at max resolution. it really looks like something out of an anime show.

but my question is at 0:55. the sonic boom doesn't hit till a second later, so what am i hearing initially at :55? is that the initial air displacement? someone break this down for me. feel free to throw that math at me if it helps.

no way I got fam in Leesburg...bro that's a solid 25-30min away from DC. that radius is insane.

any physics majors/enthusiasts/engineers on here i need your help. this one has been bothering me for a while. below you'll find a 4k vid of the explosion. watch at max resolution. it really looks like something out of an anime show.

but my question is at 0:55. the sonic boom doesn't hit till a second later, so what am i hearing initially at :55? is that the initial air displacement? someone break this down for me. feel free to throw that math at me if it helps.

****!!!!! :wow:

I still can’t believe they tried to say it was fireworks. Ain’t enough black cats in the world!!

Good question.

I found the answer. It was a pressure wave, not a shock wave. Shock wave goes faster than sound and is more deadly. This explosion resulted in just a pressure wave that traveled a little slower than the speed of sound. Which is why you hear the explosion before you feel it.

Map of DC is scary. Im in herndon. Lived in vienna growing up before college.
If that blast blowing out windows all the way in Reston.... damn.

Good question.

I found the answer. It was a pressure wave, not a shock wave. Shock wave goes faster than sound and is more deadly. This explosion resulted in just a pressure wave that traveled a little slower than the speed of sound. Which is why you hear the explosion before you feel it.

thanks for this

Back
Top Bottom