F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

What if you go to a place like Chili's? 
Again, talking about what general society views as a mature manner of dress, I think Chili's still falls into the category of restaurants that most people would feel bball shorts are inappropriate for. Definitely getting closer to the line of "wear whatever" but I think it's still sort of frowned upon to wear bball shorts. 

I totally disagree...IMO there are levels of "sit-down" restaurants...Chili's (which I like) is on the lower end, and I don't give a !#!% about what I wear there.  You might find me wearing a ball cap and b-ball shorts.....flip it over to a place like Ruth's Chris, and my attire (in comparison to what I'd wear to a place like Chili's, Cracker Barrel, Friday's, etc) is a COMPLETE 180.  I don't think anyone would judge you or bat an eye if you ate at a place like Chili's wearing socks/sandals, ball shorts, or a hat....just my .02
I don't necessarily disagree, if anything I think it's a close call either way. I haven't been to Chili's in ages so I don't really remember what exactly it's like. 
laugh.gif
 I think time of day would also matter. Night is probably a little bit more formal at most places than day. 

What if you go to a place like Chili's? 
Again, talking about what general society views as a mature manner of dress, I think Chili's still falls into the category of restaurants that most people would feel bball shorts are inappropriate for. Definitely getting closer to the line of "wear whatever" but I think it's still sort of frowned upon to wear bball shorts. 

I totally disagree...IMO there are levels of "sit-down" restaurants...Chili's (which I like) is on the lower end, and I don't give a !#!% about what I wear there.  You might find me wearing a ball cap and b-ball shorts.....flip it over to a place like Ruth's Chris, and my attire (in comparison to what I'd wear to a place like Chili's, Cracker Barrel, Friday's, etc) is a COMPLETE 180.  I don't think anyone would judge you or bat an eye if you ate at a place like Chili's wearing socks/sandals, ball shorts, or a hat....just my .02
I don't necessarily disagree, if anything I think it's a close call either way. I haven't been to Chili's in ages so I don't really remember what exactly it's like. 
laugh.gif
 I think time of day would also matter. Night is probably a little bit more formal at most places than day. 

Originally Posted by akuratl02

With all this chaos and trolling going on, nobody has yet to decipher, employed people from unemployed folks ..

How many of of the "b-ball shorts all sumer" dudes are in Corporate America?  How many of you guys are just college students?

I bet if we did a tally the consensus would be pretty balanced ... Certain ages you can not expect to be "dressing better", as in wearing PINK shirts & ties to work, and I am not talking about the color "pink" itself. 

We're a diverse board.  When we will ever just simply agree to that?
Irrelevant especially since we are talking about what we wear OUTSIDE of the office.

Originally Posted by akuratl02

With all this chaos and trolling going on, nobody has yet to decipher, employed people from unemployed folks ..

How many of of the "b-ball shorts all sumer" dudes are in Corporate America?  How many of you guys are just college students?

I bet if we did a tally the consensus would be pretty balanced ... Certain ages you can not expect to be "dressing better", as in wearing PINK shirts & ties to work, and I am not talking about the color "pink" itself. 

We're a diverse board.  When we will ever just simply agree to that?
Irrelevant especially since we are talking about what we wear OUTSIDE of the office.

Originally Posted by proper english

Do you disagree that going to a sit-down restaurant with bball shorts is viewed by general society as immature? 

who the hell said they wear that type of attire 24/7 during every single type of event/gathering/etc they attend tho?? 
laugh.gif

stop it. 
Then explain to me how my post was a crock of *@*# or whatever. 
I specifically said I don't think society views it as immature to wear bball shorts to a lot of places, and I listed examples. Sit-down restaurant was an example of a place I thought fit into the "immature" category.

I'd seriously appreciate an answer to my last two posts for the sake of communication and understanding, bros. 
pimp.gif

didnt catch this.. and im sure the majority of the folks just skimmed through you last 5 posts looking for retorts 
laugh.gif

but srsly tho..

i had no idea dudes around my way were sizing up my maturity level during casual fridays. 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

Do you disagree that going to a sit-down restaurant with bball shorts is viewed by general society as immature? 

who the hell said they wear that type of attire 24/7 during every single type of event/gathering/etc they attend tho?? 
laugh.gif

stop it. 
Then explain to me how my post was a crock of *@*# or whatever. 
I specifically said I don't think society views it as immature to wear bball shorts to a lot of places, and I listed examples. Sit-down restaurant was an example of a place I thought fit into the "immature" category.

I'd seriously appreciate an answer to my last two posts for the sake of communication and understanding, bros. 
pimp.gif

didnt catch this.. and im sure the majority of the folks just skimmed through you last 5 posts looking for retorts 
laugh.gif

but srsly tho..

i had no idea dudes around my way were sizing up my maturity level during casual fridays. 
eyes.gif

not sure if this has been brought up but i have a question, is there an equivalent to any of this for women?  and what would be your guys take on that? 
nerd.gif

not sure if this has been brought up but i have a question, is there an equivalent to any of this for women?  and what would be your guys take on that? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by needsomejays

nerd.gif

I'm assuming sweatpants

nerd.gif

I'm assuming sweatpants

nerd.gif

Yoga pants and uggs

nerd.gif

Yoga pants and uggs

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

I swear to GOODNESS, DC is one of the most fascinating folks ever to grace this board.
laugh.gif

What we know:

-Spends $2.38 per week on groceries
-Infatuated with Will Bynum
-If he has a daughter, he will disown her by the time she's 3.
-Doesn't believe in v-necks
-Tariq > Jesus
-Loves adjusting 2K sliders
-Hates the Gallery Place goons
-Will never spend money on a woman
-Coupons, coupons, coupons...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

DC how old are you?

that post brought me to tears 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Let's not forget DC doesn't +%@* with WWE. He's strictly a WCW/ Japanese pro wrestling guy. !!%%@@! JAPANESE is his preference, dudes.

DC = One of a kind.

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

I swear to GOODNESS, DC is one of the most fascinating folks ever to grace this board.
laugh.gif

What we know:

-Tariq > Jesus
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

DC how old are you?

that post brought me to tears 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Let's not forget DC doesn't +%@* with WWE. He's strictly a WCW/ Japanese pro wrestling guy. !!%%@@! JAPANESE is his preference, dudes.

DC = One of a kind.

I have read through some of this thread. I am 26 and work in a corporate office. Yesterday it was 95 deg and 50 percent humidity in DC. I wore shirt and tie all day. When I got off and before and ran my errands you best believe I threw on the white T, ball shorts, black socks, and slippers. That's comfortable to me. However, I do recognize that that is not something I'm just rockin all summer (cookouts, etc.).

I have read through some of this thread. I am 26 and work in a corporate office. Yesterday it was 95 deg and 50 percent humidity in DC. I wore shirt and tie all day. When I got off and before and ran my errands you best believe I threw on the white T, ball shorts, black socks, and slippers. That's comfortable to me. However, I do recognize that that is not something I'm just rockin all summer (cookouts, etc.).

Originally Posted by Im Not You

laugh.gif

What we know:

-Tariq > Jesus

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Well I'll be dambed.
laugh.gif

Back