F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by vezon

Originally Posted by spacerace

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Another thing, when did it become cool to wear camo clothes again? I thought only people from West Virginia wore camos. I am so out of touch with your Hyper dudes.
im not sure if you're serious or if you're just on a serious troll spree.
He's trolling. No one on NT can be this clueless.
30t6p3b.gif

"Hyperbeasts"? Not knowing what boat shoes are? Doesn't know that people wear camo shorts? It just doesn't make any damn sense.

Oh yea I forgot that everyone spends as much time worrying about clothes as much as all NT dudes do. I don't TALK about fashion. I am not trolling, I am that clueless. Sorry for not paying more attention. I apologize.

And yea, I thought it was a SIN to have your neck exposed when wearing a polo. When I bought my first polo at 15 or 16, an older dude said, "Damn _____ you have your neck all exposed, you don't wear undershirts."
I said: Nah I just wear wife beaters.
Him: Well wife beaters won't stop sweat stains from getting on your shirt.

Since then, I have always worn an undershirt.

I have always wore an undershirt too... just seems right

but then again if I had a nice chest build I would prolly go bare chested in the summer time to outside events or what not ery now and then...

it gets hot down south

I have always wore an undershirt too... just seems right

but then again if I had a nice chest build I would prolly go bare chested in the summer time to outside events or what not ery now and then...

it gets hot down south

Originally Posted by Put em up

Originally Posted by Diego

PersiaFly wrote:
The maturity question:

That part of it is all about social construct (note that I never made the point about maturity, but I do agree with it).

To me part of maturity is understanding what is frowned upon in society, and staying away from it. When you mature, you stop speeding through your neighborhood, you turn down your music a bit, etc.

Dressing better is part of that, although to me it's much less of a big deal. Society has decided in most places, for better or worse, that a certain degree of formality is appropriate when one leaves their house. Basketball shorts and a t-shirt are about as unformal as it gets, so they're deemed to be somewhat immature.

This is where I think ksteezy's point about "not giving a damb" comes in. It's not necessarily that you're wrong for what you wear, but you are certainly going against what society views as a mature manner of dress. Does this matter? It's up to you. You don't have to give a damb what society views as mature, but maybe you do.

Also, to make clear, I personally wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt out of the house often, but I feel like I probably draw then line at a different place. Grocery stores, post office, friend's place, picking up food = no problem. Any sort of sit down place, school, movies, = a bit more formal.

In this regard I do care what society views as appropriate, because to me it's a matter of respecting others and respecting social mores. Not judging anyone that feels differently.

Biggest crock of #@%! Ive seen in a while.
cosign has to be one of the dumbest post in this thread.

you wasted your time to write that whole post bc it was constant contradicting  

To both of you bros:
Do you disagree with my observations/understandings of what society sees as immature? 

If so, what do you think the reality is? 

Do you disagree that going to a sit-down restaurant with bball shorts is viewed by general society as immature? 

I suspect that you don't disagree with this, you just don't care what society thinks. Which is cool.

But why do you get so butthurt by my observations about society? 

Originally Posted by Put em up

Originally Posted by Diego

PersiaFly wrote:
The maturity question:

That part of it is all about social construct (note that I never made the point about maturity, but I do agree with it).

To me part of maturity is understanding what is frowned upon in society, and staying away from it. When you mature, you stop speeding through your neighborhood, you turn down your music a bit, etc.

Dressing better is part of that, although to me it's much less of a big deal. Society has decided in most places, for better or worse, that a certain degree of formality is appropriate when one leaves their house. Basketball shorts and a t-shirt are about as unformal as it gets, so they're deemed to be somewhat immature.

This is where I think ksteezy's point about "not giving a damb" comes in. It's not necessarily that you're wrong for what you wear, but you are certainly going against what society views as a mature manner of dress. Does this matter? It's up to you. You don't have to give a damb what society views as mature, but maybe you do.

Also, to make clear, I personally wear basketball shorts and a t-shirt out of the house often, but I feel like I probably draw then line at a different place. Grocery stores, post office, friend's place, picking up food = no problem. Any sort of sit down place, school, movies, = a bit more formal.

In this regard I do care what society views as appropriate, because to me it's a matter of respecting others and respecting social mores. Not judging anyone that feels differently.

Biggest crock of #@%! Ive seen in a while.
cosign has to be one of the dumbest post in this thread.

you wasted your time to write that whole post bc it was constant contradicting  

To both of you bros:
Do you disagree with my observations/understandings of what society sees as immature? 

If so, what do you think the reality is? 

Do you disagree that going to a sit-down restaurant with bball shorts is viewed by general society as immature? 

I suspect that you don't disagree with this, you just don't care what society thinks. Which is cool.

But why do you get so butthurt by my observations about society? 

Don't you guys think that you get hotter w. another layer on in warm weather?

I don't wear undershirts or beaters...

And yea, I thought it was a SIN to have your neck exposed when wearing a polo.

laugh.gif
this is gold.

What if you go to a place like Chili's? 

Don't you guys think that you get hotter w. another layer on in warm weather?

I don't wear undershirts or beaters...

And yea, I thought it was a SIN to have your neck exposed when wearing a polo.

laugh.gif
this is gold.

30t6p3b.gif

"Hyperbeasts"? Not knowing what boat shoes are? Doesn't know that people wear camo shorts? It just doesn't make any damn sense.

Oh yea I forgot that everyone spends as much time worrying about clothes as much as all NT dudes do. I don't TALK about fashion. I am not trolling, I am that clueless. Sorry for not paying more attention. I apologize.

And yea, I thought it was a SIN to have your neck exposed when wearing a polo. When I bought my first polo at 15 or 16, an older dude said, "Damn _____ you have your neck all exposed, you don't wear undershirts."

How did you end up on this board?...

30t6p3b.gif

How did you end up on this board?...

Who in the hell ever said they would do this though? Just knowing that these places pump their AC to 40*, I wouldn't even do it. Come on Prince, you are trying too hard man.

KSteezy, I spent years in the Sports Forum before I even ventured to these waters.

Who in the hell ever said they would do this though? Just knowing that these places pump their AC to 40*, I wouldn't even do it. Come on Prince, you are trying too hard man.

KSteezy, I spent years in the Sports Forum before I even ventured to these waters.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Again, talking about what general society views as a mature manner of dress, I think Chili's still falls into the category of restaurants that most people would feel bball shorts are inappropriate for. Definitely getting closer to the line of "wear whatever" but I think it's still sort of frowned upon to wear bball shorts. 
Understand, I'm not talking about what I think is objectively right or wrong, just what society generally views as appropriate or inappropriate. 

We can also get into what "general society" means, and whether the term describes different groups to different people, but that's a different discussion I think.

I just don't get how I'm on a high horse or insulting people with my post quoted above. I'm not even saying I agree, I'm jsut making an observation that I believe to be true.

It's like someone saying that "society frowns on weed smoking" and a bunch of weed smokers getting mad at the person making the statement. 

Again, talking about what general society views as a mature manner of dress, I think Chili's still falls into the category of restaurants that most people would feel bball shorts are inappropriate for. Definitely getting closer to the line of "wear whatever" but I think it's still sort of frowned upon to wear bball shorts. 
Understand, I'm not talking about what I think is objectively right or wrong, just what society generally views as appropriate or inappropriate. 

We can also get into what "general society" means, and whether the term describes different groups to different people, but that's a different discussion I think.

I just don't get how I'm on a high horse or insulting people with my post quoted above. I'm not even saying I agree, I'm jsut making an observation that I believe to be true.

It's like someone saying that "society frowns on weed smoking" and a bunch of weed smokers getting mad at the person making the statement. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

who the hell said they wear that type of attire 24/7 during every single type of event/gathering/etc they attend tho?? 
laugh.gif

stop it. 

who the hell said they wear that type of attire 24/7 during every single type of event/gathering/etc they attend tho?? 
laugh.gif

stop it. 

Originally Posted by BBCAllAmerican

Oh yea I forgot you dudes believe jeans shorts are unacceptable. I don't live under a rock, I just really don't pay much attention to fashion trends.

I thought only people from West Virginia wore jean shorts. I am so out of touch with you Hyper dudes.

Cuz I will rob you in front of your mother. Keep my name out of your mouth.

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BBCAllAmerican

Oh yea I forgot you dudes believe jeans shorts are unacceptable. I don't live under a rock, I just really don't pay much attention to fashion trends.

I thought only people from West Virginia wore jean shorts. I am so out of touch with you Hyper dudes.

Cuz I will rob you in front of your mother. Keep my name out of your mouth.

roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

laugh.gif

stop it. 

Then explain to me how my post was a crock of *@*# or whatever. 
I specifically said I don't think society views it as immature to wear bball shorts to a lot of places, and I listed examples. Sit-down restaurant was an example of a place I thought fit into the "immature" category.

I'd seriously appreciate an answer to my last two posts for the sake of communication and understanding, bros. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by proper english

laugh.gif

stop it. 

Then explain to me how my post was a crock of *@*# or whatever. 
I specifically said I don't think society views it as immature to wear bball shorts to a lot of places, and I listed examples. Sit-down restaurant was an example of a place I thought fit into the "immature" category.

I'd seriously appreciate an answer to my last two posts for the sake of communication and understanding, bros. 
pimp.gif

I totally disagree...IMO there are levels of "sit-down" restaurants...Chili's (which I like) is on the lower end, and I don't give a !#!% about what I wear there.  You might find me wearing a ball cap and b-ball shorts.....flip it over to a place like Ruth's Chris, and my attire (in comparison to what I'd wear to a place like Chili's, Cracker Barrel, Friday's, etc) is a COMPLETE 180.  I don't think anyone would judge you or bat an eye if you ate at a place like Chili's wearing socks/sandals, ball shorts, or a hat....just my .02

I totally disagree...IMO there are levels of "sit-down" restaurants...Chili's (which I like) is on the lower end, and I don't give a !#!% about what I wear there.  You might find me wearing a ball cap and b-ball shorts.....flip it over to a place like Ruth's Chris, and my attire (in comparison to what I'd wear to a place like Chili's, Cracker Barrel, Friday's, etc) is a COMPLETE 180.  I don't think anyone would judge you or bat an eye if you ate at a place like Chili's wearing socks/sandals, ball shorts, or a hat....just my .02

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

-Dressing better look.
-Streetwear look.

-Bball shorts, nike socks/slippers, loose shirt, hat look.

Theres a time and place for it all my friends. Probably 75% of my summer days will be looking like #3 though. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
The best post in this thread.  From the 1st page, though.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

-Dressing better look.
-Streetwear look.

-Bball shorts, nike socks/slippers, loose shirt, hat look.

Theres a time and place for it all my friends. Probably 75% of my summer days will be looking like #3 though. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
The best post in this thread.  From the 1st page, though.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom