F yall Dressing Better cats...name a better...

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by ksteezy

No shots but why do you put ANY effort into what you wear to the gym?...I wear the sameeee pair of AMs to the gym every time...why a rotation of kicks to go work out?...
ohwell.gif
Makes NO sense to me. Same with dudes that get all Barbie on us to play Ball. Why? When you will do nothing but get sweaty. Dudes want to look fresh for a bunch of other dudes. But when I say that, folks look at me sideways.

Going to the gym, the idea that girls will be there is how they will respond. But to play ball? No excuse to be fly.
true
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

No shots but why do you put ANY effort into what you wear to the gym?...I wear the sameeee pair of AMs to the gym every time...why a rotation of kicks to go work out?...
ohwell.gif
Makes NO sense to me. Same with dudes that get all Barbie on us to play Ball. Why? When you will do nothing but get sweaty. Dudes want to look fresh for a bunch of other dudes. But when I say that, folks look at me sideways.

Going to the gym, the idea that girls will be there is how they will respond. But to play ball? No excuse to be fly.
true
laugh.gif

Again, the concept of dressing well isn't something that the self comes up with. It is a socially constructed idea. So to say you dress well for YOU is a oxymoron.

And why is it that if someone calls you (not YOU but in general) out for playing Barbie, your first response has to be, "I would rather do that than dress bummy or raggedy." As if there is no middle ground? Come on man.

Again, the concept of dressing well isn't something that the self comes up with. It is a socially constructed idea. So to say you dress well for YOU is a oxymoron.

And why is it that if someone calls you (not YOU but in general) out for playing Barbie, your first response has to be, "I would rather do that than dress bummy or raggedy." As if there is no middle ground? Come on man.

im one to put effort into what i wear on my days off, i like to dress up or even if im dressed down in some jays and cargos i like to look clean, its not about others perception of me, but about the way i feel, the confidence boost....however when im going to a gym i could careless, being that im there for one thing only, to sweat!....if im gonna look like a bat out of hell, all red and sweating like a moo im not trying to be swagged out at doing so....not knocking anyone who does, but it personally doesn't make sense to me...

im one to put effort into what i wear on my days off, i like to dress up or even if im dressed down in some jays and cargos i like to look clean, its not about others perception of me, but about the way i feel, the confidence boost....however when im going to a gym i could careless, being that im there for one thing only, to sweat!....if im gonna look like a bat out of hell, all red and sweating like a moo im not trying to be swagged out at doing so....not knocking anyone who does, but it personally doesn't make sense to me...

You say these things as facts, but they are not facts. 
I try my best to "dress well" because it makes me feel awesome. In your opinion, that's based on social-construct and whatnot. Even if that's the case, I feel awesome as a result, so I will continue to "dress well."

If you like to wear gym clothes everywhere, do you, I don't really understand the defensive stance. As far as I've seen, no one in the Dressing Better thread is coming into other threads to clown people. It's usually people that want to wear gym clothes everywhere calling out people that try to "dress better." Examples: this thread, and your contributions.

And your argument about there being no middle ground misses the point of my statement. My point was that I don't in fact "dress Barbie" to go the gym, I do the bare minimum of what I consider to be acceptable attire: clothes that fit well and are appropriate for the occasion. Anything less than that would be raggedy to me. A t-shirt that doesn't fit well is raggedy. 

Who am I to speculate, but a lot of the "gym clothes everywhere" dudes just seem insecure about what they wear. You see dudes that try to put a bit of effort into their outfits and instantly try to dismiss those efforts and attach negative connotations to them. See: "dress Barbie." 

Do you, my man. 

You say these things as facts, but they are not facts. 
I try my best to "dress well" because it makes me feel awesome. In your opinion, that's based on social-construct and whatnot. Even if that's the case, I feel awesome as a result, so I will continue to "dress well."

If you like to wear gym clothes everywhere, do you, I don't really understand the defensive stance. As far as I've seen, no one in the Dressing Better thread is coming into other threads to clown people. It's usually people that want to wear gym clothes everywhere calling out people that try to "dress better." Examples: this thread, and your contributions.

And your argument about there being no middle ground misses the point of my statement. My point was that I don't in fact "dress Barbie" to go the gym, I do the bare minimum of what I consider to be acceptable attire: clothes that fit well and are appropriate for the occasion. Anything less than that would be raggedy to me. A t-shirt that doesn't fit well is raggedy. 

Who am I to speculate, but a lot of the "gym clothes everywhere" dudes just seem insecure about what they wear. You see dudes that try to put a bit of effort into their outfits and instantly try to dismiss those efforts and attach negative connotations to them. See: "dress Barbie." 

Do you, my man. 

Why rotate?  I like the way they look so I wear them... I got like 20 pairs but I basically wear those the most.

I used to wear the same shoes everyday with my black cat IV's and those are messed up to the point of no return lol... they got holes,tears,rips in the bottom and top parts, hard creases with the brown dirt lines in the creases that won't clean, and they squeak.

wearing socks with sandals must be a black thing or something...i never understood this...

isn't the whole point to wear a T, some shorts and sandals to be cool and comfortable? Why add warm *** socks in 90+ degree weather....(i know because you premadonnas don't want blisters) lulz...

anyways the shorts, white t and some sandals or Air maxes is def a going to the gym look, park, picnic, quick groceries, or lounging around the house...the cats who wear this religiously on some "i dont care" stuff REALLY do care.

Also to the dudes who wear sweat pants all day long:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...=-0Hbu4Z4pGI   (won't let me embed)

wearing socks with sandals must be a black thing or something...i never understood this...

isn't the whole point to wear a T, some shorts and sandals to be cool and comfortable? Why add warm *** socks in 90+ degree weather....(i know because you premadonnas don't want blisters) lulz...

anyways the shorts, white t and some sandals or Air maxes is def a going to the gym look, park, picnic, quick groceries, or lounging around the house...the cats who wear this religiously on some "i dont care" stuff REALLY do care.

Also to the dudes who wear sweat pants all day long:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...=-0Hbu4Z4pGI   (won't let me embed)

Why rotate?  I like the way they look so I wear them... I got like 20 pairs but I basically wear those the most.

I used to wear the same shoes everyday with my black cat IV's and those are messed up to the point of no return lol... they got holes,tears,rips in the bottom and top parts, hard creases with the brown dirt lines in the creases that won't clean, and they squeak.

This style > ___________.

I'm 5'8 and I still get broads with this
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

This style > ___________.

I'm 5'8 and I still get broads with this
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

...add a white/black tee, your favorite fitted, [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]maybe some beats by dre [/color]and be atleast 5'11+ and chicks will come at you harder than Nick Nolte after Butch McCray!
laugh.gif
The look is so effortless too...wish I could get in the club with it
laugh.gif
And what's crazy is you don't even actually have to be able to dribble a ball through your legs!
laugh.gif
personally I think it looks lame to see ANYONE rocking headphones as an accessory to your outfit. I see so many people walking around with beats by dre (or Koss for the #poor people lol) just around their neck just to look cool.

Originally Posted by 4Shoposite

...add a white/black tee, your favorite fitted, [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]maybe some beats by dre [/color]and be atleast 5'11+ and chicks will come at you harder than Nick Nolte after Butch McCray!
laugh.gif
The look is so effortless too...wish I could get in the club with it
laugh.gif
And what's crazy is you don't even actually have to be able to dribble a ball through your legs!
laugh.gif
personally I think it looks lame to see ANYONE rocking headphones as an accessory to your outfit. I see so many people walking around with beats by dre (or Koss for the #poor people lol) just around their neck just to look cool.

Again, if you did not know what was and wasn't "acceptable" (fashion wise) you wouldn't know what makes you feel good when wearing. Unless someone compliments you from time to time, you don't know that you are really "doing it." The idea of doing it comes from others approval of what you wear. Or it comes from you viewing others getting approval from others from what they are wearing.

I always said, we all do something for the approval of others. Don't take it personal. Some care more than others do. I am not calling you any names, I am simply saying admit what it is. You are getting preppy for other dudes. (Barbie dudes playing ball).

I am simply saying, that dudes that put so much time and effort into what they wear at the damn basketball court is just funny to me. Notice those are the only people that I targeted, Barbie dudes playing basketball.

Again, if you did not know what was and wasn't "acceptable" (fashion wise) you wouldn't know what makes you feel good when wearing. Unless someone compliments you from time to time, you don't know that you are really "doing it." The idea of doing it comes from others approval of what you wear. Or it comes from you viewing others getting approval from others from what they are wearing.

I always said, we all do something for the approval of others. Don't take it personal. Some care more than others do. I am not calling you any names, I am simply saying admit what it is. You are getting preppy for other dudes. (Barbie dudes playing ball).

I am simply saying, that dudes that put so much time and effort into what they wear at the damn basketball court is just funny to me. Notice those are the only people that I targeted, Barbie dudes playing basketball.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I agree with OP 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't really hoop but I go to the gym daily to work out/cardio so you'll always catch me wearin some nike shorts and some of my favorite kicks with the black nike socks...

nike-dri-fit-practice-mens-basketball-shorts-profile.jpg
+
nike-3ppk-cotton-half-cush-275-2-0.jpg
+

main rotation...

img5630x.jpg
5sProf2.jpg
air-jordan-8-viii-retro-playoffs-black-varsity-red-white-1.jpg
why would you ever do cardio in any of those shoes?

Back
Top Bottom