F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Had a really good time today.
Good to see lots of these drivers in person.

Safety Car is fast. Looks much slower on TV

Yo, these cars are loud :lol:
Carlos Sainz legit made a baby near us cry by revving the engine. She had to go after that :lol:
I think it was a pre hybrid Torro Rosso with these years livery. That and the Red Bull were the loudest

That's not to say the other cars weren't loud. They were all loud except for the Williams in the hands of Stroll.

Ricciardo, Bottas and Vettel did the best donuts and burnouts

Ocon and Checo did the most with the fans. Ocon was there for ages.

I really need to see these cars on a proper track.

Bro, that was so sweet... and it musta been pretty loud... especially the V8's and V12 in the McLaren!!!  

You're right... Sainz was running an old V8 RBR car (RB8 or RB9) with a current STR livery, which was pretty cool.  That's, at least, how F1 cars should sound... that V8.

Ideally, I'd take a V10, but would gladly take those V8's over the crap we have now.  Hearing them live, you must have been able to get a clear comparison of the two.  Both RBR's were V8's I think, while the rest were the current gen hybrids.  

Ric and Vet made the best donuts from what I could tell! 

How did everyone survive without earplugs?! 

Yea some couldn't handle it so they blocked their ears with their fingers.

I wouldn't be able to do a full grand prix hearing that constantly. Maybe from the grandstands at race tracks it would be fine but being a few feet away and with tall buildings bouncing the sound back it was a lot :lol:

The hybrids did sound good in Bottas' car. No complaints from me but definitely not as loud as the V8's

You wouldn't be that close in a GP, but at the same time there would be 20 cars.  Still, from what I've been told, with these hybrids, you don't really need earplugs.

The last time I went to a GP, it was in Shanghai over 10 years ago.  V8's back then.  DAMN it was so loud.  I had my earplugs in... but just for fun, I decided to take one plug out to hear the difference... it was shocking how effective earplugs were.  I didn't last a few secs before I had to plug my ears back up.  [emoji]128585[/emoji]

Didn't the organizers hand out earplugs?  When Red Bull did a demo here a few years ago, they had staff with bags and bags of them for everyone.  

Man, I'd love to hear the McLaren V12.

Nope no ear plugs.

Yea Hybrids don't need ear plugs but 20 of them on a grid would be loud.

I don't know if V8's with ear plugs will be better than V6's without.

Watching on TV though, especially an on board shot of a pole position lap, V8's all the way.

annnnd we're back.

Great race today. Championship battle is back on and it's a three way.

DE3I6yMUIAEviHc.jpg

This made me laugh.

New board looks fresh. A bit confusing, but seems fine. :smokin

That Ferrari finish though :frown:

Lewis definitely redeemed himself for not showing up at the F1 live thing. Pinkham :pimp:

EDIT: old NT emojis don't work anymore!? FML

The race was kinda meh at times, but that cray ending tho. Danny Ric was awesome... bold moves... impressive.

Ferrari unlucky with the tire failures, which apparently were unrelated. Seb just ran it past its expiration date.

Stoff... just a few secs off of P10 and a point. His best drive so far. Hopefully he's turned a corner.

That huge lock up by seb defending against Valtteri didn't help his tyres either.

Am amazed how Kvyat is still in F1 lol

man **** FIA for this... it ruins the character of F1 car
This system would not even prevent the previous accidents...

I'm really hoping, that someone from the F1 business can do something against this decision

Back
Top Bottom