F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Not even mad.
It would have been good to see Lewis get 5 in a row though.

Vettel and all this spinning :lol:
It's getting comical and the Tifosi are not pleased.

Amazing Qualy.

Danniy ric not wanting Max to have that record :lol:
Max still angry but he can still win this race. In fact with Daniels retirements I expect him to win the race.

Good to see the Merc only 2 tenths behind and ahead of the Ferrari. Shows that they have more downforce.

I expect Vettel to get ahead of Lewis and for Lewis to coast to 4th and seal the championship.

I'm very happy for Danny. Max was super pissed :lol:

So many things could happen at the start. Should be a very interesting race.
I can see the Red Bulls crashing, because no one wants to let the other win. Or Vettel could crash.
And maybe another technical failure for the Red Bulls.

Rain would be awesome too

Terrible race for Mercedes but Lewis has done a spectacular job all year round.

Best season by far IMO. I can't think of any mistakes he's made this year.
Highlights for me were the pole laps in Hungary and Singapore and the race victories in Monza and Germany.

Felt sorry for Daniel. This is going into conspiracy territory now :lol:

The Ferrari rocket ship on the straights is back.
Next year is going to be massively competitive with their car and the Honda in the back of the Red Bull.

Didn't get to watch the race last night, but P8 for Stoff! YAS.

Not much of a fan of Lewis or Seb, but Lewis has been perfect this season. No mistakes, controlled aggression and just did everything right. Seb, meanwhile, made too many errors along with Ferrari. Credit where credit is due, Lewis fully deserves it all.

Now with 5, 7 doesn't look that far away!

Lewis Brady :pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

Was great hearing him last week reiterating that his hunger for more titles is still there and that he isn't thinking of hanging it up anytime soon.

Seems he really does have his sights set on Schumacher's marks/records

Hoping that Merc manage to continue delivering world class packages to help with his pursuit because Ferrari are surely gonna be right back in the chase next season and RB with more reliable Honda power could make things interesting...

I expect big things for 2019.

A maturing Verstappen will be tough. He just has to hope he has the underneath him with the engine and aero changes.

Ferrari and their nuclear power plant engine will be finely tuned next year with Vettel hungry and with a young LeClerc also joining the fray.

Mercedes are expected to benefit the most with next year's rules because their car runs less rake but after seeing the setup issues in the past two races, I really hope they get on top of things and make their car less of a diva next year. Lewis had some of the best races in his career in the space of a few months but he can't keep bailing Mercedes out.

I also want to see the youngsters getting into the swing of things. I want more leclercs and less Vandoorne, kvyat, etc so hopefully Norris, Russell, Leclerc and Gasly all do well.

Z3l4YPv.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's gold

I forgot to post my thoughts on Vietnam.
I love the way the track looks. I think we might have another hit like Baku.

What do you guys thing about the amount of races.
Personally, I can't get enough of F1 so the more races the merrier so it's surprising to me to hear some people say 16 is the sweet spot or that there's too much.
That is way too small for me. I loved the triple header week we had.

I think the problem is that some tracks are just dry so with the lack of overtaking, people are just bored more often.
If every track was great and the cars could follow then more races will be entertaining.

I do understand the aspect of the employees for the teams spending less time with their family and that is a legitimate reason to not increase the amount of races but that's all I can think of.

It’s a very tough decision.
Especially for the employees involved in all the traveling.
A few days ago I read about inplementing holidays after the 2019 season for the employees at the end of the year.

I don’t know, if 23-25 races are possible for the employees.

Besides a big extension they should also look at the possibility of exchanging current Grand Prixs.
Personally I’m no big fan of the races in Spain, Australia, Hungary, France and Russia.
Plus the special case of Monaco.

The advantage of having less races, e.g 16, is that each Grand Prix has a higher value. Could be a economical aspect for the F1 management, but this would probably mean the end for traditional tracks.

My initial reaction to the massive calendar is more towards the team personnel. They'll all easily burn out by race 17 or something... and most will end up quitting the sport. I'd love to watch more F1, but anything more than 18 is getting ridiculous.

True, you can drop some of the more boring tracks... Russia, Paul Ricard, etc.

Less is more, or something like that.

It’s a very tough decision.
Especially for the employees involved in all the traveling.
A few days ago I read about inplementing holidays after the 2019 season for the employees at the end of the year.

I don’t know, if 23-25 races are possible for the employees.

Besides a big extension they should also look at the possibility of exchanging current Grand Prixs.
Personally I’m no big fan of the races in Spain, Australia, Hungary, France and Russia.
Plus the special case of Monaco.

The advantage of having less races, e.g 16, is that each Grand Prix has a higher value. Could be a economical aspect for the F1 management, but this would probably mean the end for traditional tracks.

I was also going to mention quality over quantity in terms of the circuits we have but can we put the blame solely on the tracks when the design of the cars mean they can't overtake?
Do you think any of the tracks will go from bad to good or great with cars that can follow?

Socchi for example is so dryyy but I like turn 3 and wonder how different it'll be with cars that can follow each other.

We saw how Lewis overtook Vettel there and since it's a bend, it's hard to defend since your mirrors won't help. It would make for great racing IMO.

As for tracks having more value with less races, like you said money rather than the quality of the track wins so it could even be worse if there's less races.

My initial reaction to the massive calendar is more towards the team personnel. They'll all easily burn out by race 17 or something... and most will end up quitting the sport. I'd love to watch more F1, but anything more than 18 is getting ridiculous.

True, you can drop some of the more boring tracks... Russia, Paul Ricard, etc.

Less is more, or something like that.

I think time away from family is more of an issue than burnout. I don't know the full full logistics and schedule of all the team personnel in the paddock but who knows what the limit is.

You both bring up a good point though about burnout though but as this is a team sport, can you in a sense consider the employees especially the ones who travel to be athletes as well?
The mechanics, guys on the pitwall, guys back in the factory in race control are directly involved in the sport.

Should they step up to deal with the demands of the extra races the same way a driver continually has to keep stepping his or her game up e.g. when moving up from a junior category to F1 due to more demanding machinery and tougher opponents or even just rule changes when the formula gets changed?

I remember the first time we had a night race in Singapore and everyone had to adapt, blacking out windows in their hotel rooms and keeping their body clock to European time to be on point. We've seen mechanics stay up all night to fix issues in cars and still have to be up the next day.

I think of teams in football who for the first time qualify for the champions league or even Europa. All of a sudden you have more matches to play in the season and you're doing a lot more traveling but you have to adapt to it.

Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong and just trying to make excuses because I find the gap between the last race to car reveals and testing very long :lol:

Lewis wins after winning the championship. Glad to get that over.

Congrats on the WCC too.

Conspiracy theories will be flying after Ocon's crash.

What a race.

I feel for Max but he sometimes brings these things on himself.

He did the same thing to Bottas in Monza. He needs to give people space.

The likes of Lewis and Alonso do not get involved in these kind of accidents but he's young.

The conspiracy theories already started during the race lol

Back
Top Bottom