F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

That black PlaySeat (Just say "no" to Red Bull) is so ridiculously awesome.  The only problem is that if you were playing a driving game with some road-cars, the driving position would be all wrong. That seat only works for open-wheeled racing.  I know it sounds crazy, but that stuff matters to me.  

I can accept having something "standard" like this to use it for all-cars.  

Plus you won't be able to use the shifter in that F1-style raceseat.

visionracer-vr3-g25.jpg

^ The VisionRacer is definitely a nice rig. Pretty expensive, though. Seems really sturdy. Really like that PlaySeat F1 chair but it's a lot more than what it cost me to build my own... even if I got the expensive bootleg bucket seat. :lol: But you guys in the USA definitely have a ton of options. The ones I like in particular are the HumanRacing GT chassis and the Vesaro cockpit. The Obutto seems decent, as well. The HyperSimulator looks sick as well. Can't recommend the original PlaySeat, though. Not sturdy enough.

I personally use a Logitech G27 kit. Used a Driving Force GT like SinnerP a while ago, but a friend hooked me up with a G27 for cheap so I sold the DFGT with the quickness. Would've bought a G27 from the start but I backed out when I got my copy of Gran Turismo 5, telling myself to sleep on it. When I went back to the store to pick it up... it was gone. Sold out in all the other stores around the city as well. :smh: :lol: The DFGT's wheel is pretty good, too. It's a good beginner wheel, that's for sure. Pedals are crap, though. With that said, the G27 is a bang-for-the-buck wheel. If you got the funds for it... get it. Solidly built, even if I do feel some parts of the kit were compromised.

If Fanatec wheel kits were available around here I would've probably gotten a Fanatec CSR Value Kit for $250... which is the same price the G27 is going for over there in the US. Might as well get that. Much better quality wheel. http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_u...d=105&osCsid=36a72ec5f1488f080c3205582d4d6453

If you have a ton of money to burn... get the Fanatec ClubSport line. It has a quick release system which you can attach a BMW M3 GT2 rim or a Formula-style rim. Will set you back around $900 for the entire kit, though (with the Clubsport Pedals). :x Or you can get the CSR Elite for slightly less.

Then there's the Thrustmaster T500 RS, which offers a similar concept, but costs about $500. The optional TH8RS shifter by them ($150) looks to be a pretty good shifter... fairly reasonable, compared to the high-end Frex gear.

So my recommended beginner wheels are:
1. Fanatec CSR
2. Logitech G27
3. Logitech Driving Force GT

Last edited:
SinnerP,
I would never get RBR anything lol. But as far as system it's a ps3 and game GT5/F1 when it comes out.

Zk1mpls,
Appreciate the input. Will def check those out!

zk1MPLS,
All these sim racing vids making me want to get a cockpit built but no room to store it :\ :lol: :pimp:
LouisLagerfeld,
Never got your PM but I actually dont live anywhere near those parts. Lived my whole stint in Doral and still do but raised up in Miami Springs/Allapattah/Hialeah/CC/LCBrownsville and such. Spent more time with friends than at home hence why I know more of other parts as well. I never been to K1. I fancy more Xtreme Indoor. I wouldnt mind doing the DD once my girl moves down. Xtreme actually has Leagues for different age classes. You use their karts so its ighter on the wallet. Once I move out I hope to build my own Kart to go drive down in Homestead.
Live in Doral but raised in Allapattah you say? :nerd: I live in Allapattah between Miami Jackson High and the Dominican park, but much closer to the Dominican park. All those parts that you were raised in I know very well, even though I live in Allapattah I went to Hialeah High :smh: I played baseball since I was 6, and I use to travel all around Miami-Dade for different tournaments and what not so that's how I know. I thought you went to K1 since that's the indoor kart track that I know is up north. I've heard of Xtreme Indoor but when I google it for the address it sends me to a damn house in a suburb up in Broward :x I know that Xtreme has leagues and that you use their karts, that's how it is in Miami GP Raceway as well.

Nice vids.  Yeah, old-Hockenheim definitely does has a nice feel to it.  Almost like a Monza-feel with the long straights and the forests.  The driving looks smooth... :pimp:

Louis ~ I gotta say, if you're gonna support your Hispanic boys, go with Perez! This Maldo.. :smh:  :lol:   Seriously though, Checo has been very impressive.  Consistent, solid and reliable.  Maldo can be fast, but the guy is so reckless and too hot-headed.  Still don't know how he won Barcelona.  There are some youtube vids of him during his GP2 days... crashing outta nowhere.  It was really bizarre.  :smh:
[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

Oh I support Perez as well, I have nothing against him. I support every Hispanic that have been through F1 no matter what.
A bit off topic, but SinnerP I see that you're a Mariners fan :nerd: One of my childhood friends actually got drafted by them straight out of high school a few years back.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Mariners_minor_league_players#Denny_Almonte
I don't know when he's going to make his Major League debut though. My dude is still young as hell. :smokin

damn you guys!! im not into video games but seeing those plays seats(just checked ebay)lol now im really considering it... this is the closest thing i can get to driving F1 :D it brings out the frustated racing driver in me. back in the day, there's a karting track close to where i live and we used to run few laps with my friends on a regular. we could gone in to competitive karting but nothing serious yet but my body weight got in the way and i couldn't keep up because of heavy drinking.lol :smh:
anyway i'll do more research about these plays seats then after i get one...the next level and I swear i'll cop the an authentic replica f1 helmet, race suit, shoes and gloves just to complete my lil f1 dream.haha :tongue:
but for now, i can't just imagine myself watching f1 while im sitting on one of those play seats! the feel of sitting on a cock pit feels like a boss! im already stoke just thinking about it :smokin
You can't be serious right? Man get up off your ***, stop drinking and go chase that dream!!! If there was an opportunity that came knocking at your door you should have taken it man :smh:
I'm the type of guy that grew up playing all types of sports, so I like to stay physically active in order to stay fit. Even though I'm not legally able to drink, all the drinking you are probably doing, I was doing it from age 15-17. I'm so glad I grew up past that immature stage, I no longer have any type of alcoholic beverage(besides a beer or two once in a blue moon) and I don't smoke at all(I tried it on a few occasions though) and I can honestly tell you it feels good as **** man. So if you have that dream, put all that unimportant **** aside and go grasp it!

LouisLagerfeld,
Xtreme Indoor is actually right by I95 off of Commercial Blvd. They actually share buildings with Starworks Motorsport, the home of the LM P2 Winners of the 24 hrs of Le Mans.

^ Nice find! 
eek.gif

And yes, I am a Mariners fan! 

Do you still keep in touch with him?  

Will keep an eye on his progress for sure!

Surprised no one's posted this yet! 

laugh.gif

Last edited:
^ Nice find! :wow:

And yes, I am a Mariners fan! 
Do you still keep in touch with him?  
Will keep an eye on his progress for sure!

Surprised no one's posted this yet! 
[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

:lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That national anthem video was too much :lol:

And of course I still keep in touch with him, I don't have a Facebook but we do text once in a while. He literally used to live 3 blocks away from me, but obviously he no longer lives here in the hood. I was chopping it up with his dad earlier today(he used to be my baseball coach from age 8-12) since he still lives there and he told me his brother got drafted by the Angels a few months ago. He's immature as hell though, way too playful so let's see how this pans out. :smh:

http://www.google.com/search?q=yenc...qf.&fp=d858ff3861264939&biw=1366&***=653&bs=1

EDIT: found another cool video

Last edited:
^ Nice videos up there guys. Didn't know F1 cars had two clutch paddles... and those mini paddles up on top.

if the V8 sounded like that in the Lincoln Tunnel... Imagine what a V10 would've sounded like. :x :smokin

sup louis!

i got my act right a long time ago.. my drinking spree happend about 14yrs ago, i was recruited to play college ball but i passed on playing because i didnt like the schools that recruited me so i went to a different school and get it on with college. then i got injured so i stop playing plus, my girl migrated overseas so... no playing ball, no girl, that got me depressed :lol: luckily my friend brought me to karting and found my new sport! it was cool for a couple of years but still cant maintain my weight but when i get back to playing thats where things got better but not my weight, not good enough for karting anymore :lol:
now, my fantasy is fully revived because of this playseat.hehe

as for my friend, he carried on with karting and joined a competition sponsored by Marboro and got in to top 5 on national level and they're sent to Italy with drivers from diffent countries and raced in Fiorano in an Alpha Romero GT. they also get a lil tour in the Scuderia camp and dine to Schumy's favorite restaurant right in front of the factory... i'll ask pics from him and try to post it here

Sinner,

im sure if those playseat were mclaren its an auto-copp for you. :smokin

^ that's wassup. man, i wish i could visit Fiorano someday. If you're buying a rig, post it on here. I want to see! :lol:

As for my rig, I have a minor update coming in the mail hopefully by next week. Can't come here soon enough!

Flash ~ Haha, nah... got no space! I had to go with the skinny (but expensive) Wheel Stand Pro for my Driving Force GT.  Not that many options when space is limited! 

LouisLagerfeld,
I dont mind driving the distance since I love highway driving. Although I wish I had a "fun" car to drive unlike my 08 Chevy Malibu. LOL

Those are all dope vids that been posted.

2 weeks left and we will b back in action boys!!

Found this browsing on YouTube while uploading some videos tonight:

You got even Nigel Mansell into sim racing. :lol: :smokin

He doesn't use the flappy paddle shifter though. Looks like he jumped the start as well. :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
^ Good find.  I love watching vids of pro-racers having a go at sims.  I wonder how if there were any aids and whatnot on... I noticed he didn't use the paddles, so it was on AT?

This looks like a sick rig...

^ yeah he was running the game on AT.

I was laughing my butt off with his response to the question, "does it feel realistic?". "No, it feels completely different." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Finally got to the top of the time sheets for once in a track in pCARS using a Lotus 78 at the Badenring (Hockenheim) Short layout. :pimp: Still can't believe such an untidy lap was that quick. :x :wow:

Being that untidy means a lap under a minute is definitely possible. The Lotus 78 is definitely one sweet-looking grand prix car. Been checking out old Formula 1 videos to get a bit more acquainted with the earlier history of the sport.

Cool F1 vids on the BBC. Really informative presentation over there. I really envy their broadcast of the grand prix weekends.

Never knew about this:

I bet this would get SinnerP a bit worked up: a guided tour around the McLaren Technology Centre by Jenson Button. :wow: :pimp:

here's one by Lewis:

Last edited:
David Coulthard on the Red Bull F1 Simulator. Holy crap that rig setup is ridiculous! :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Haha, vids galore. 

Where to begin?  I've seen all the BBC/Sky specials about F1, which is what makes their coverage so good... so comprehensive.  They cover so much.  I haven't seen the Lewis One TV one yet, so that was cool.  Thx.  Jake is also 100x better than Simon on Sky.  

Those gameplay vids look so awesome.  Seems like there was a bit of understeer in your Lotus, so tweaking that a bit for the slow-corners should help.  Also, for the last turn in Germany, I think if you slow-down a bit on your entry and try to carry more speed in your exit, you can gain quite a bit of time on the start/finish straight.  I think you can also go a bit wider on the exit of the last turn to carry more speed for the straight.  

Ferrari livery? Meh. 
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

^ Well, I spent most of the day on YouTube, since today was declared a holiday over here. Guess what... tomorrow was declared a holiday, too. So more time for some rest and leisure time. Definitely need to recharge from work. :lol: Really learned a lot from those videos.

Thanks for the input. Will tinker with the setups tomorrow. Yeah, looking back at the video, I was overdriving too much. Definitely should try to be smoother. But I got a little carried away trying to shave my lap times. :lol: That final stadium sector at Hockenheim definitely is quite tricky. Make a mistake in the previous corner, you pay for it at the next. Looks like I lost about 2 seconds in the final few corners alone.Good stuff, though. Keeps me on edge. :lol:

By the way, there are other liveries available. The McLaren one looks pretty good. Amazing how the COMMUNITY, not the devs came up with the custom F1 liveries (due to licensing reasons). Pretty good work. Will post a screenshot tomorrow.

As for the graphics, the game definitely looks much better than that. YouTube just robs the quality, as does Fraps.

Last edited:
I wish there was a way to watch sky internationally live for race weekend. Sucks I'm stuck just watching nascar shows till the little bit speed channel shows F!

Back
Top Bottom