F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

i watch the re-runs of gp2 and formula 3, i follow certain drivers but for now just watching the Olympics and its just awsome!
yeah... Kimi is just saving it fo Spa:tongue:
Where do you guys watch these re runs? :nerd:

Well... as I've put my watercooling loop build on hold indefinitely (don't see the need for now), I've been reading up on Sim Racing. Checked out other people's sim cockpits and mine doesn't even hold a candle to theirs. Just insane people out there (in a good way) :wow: :lol: . Considering proper race sims to try out. Might actually cave in this week and finally get a Project C.A.R.S. Team Membership. :lol:
After each week progresses, the game looks better and better. :wow: Hopefully this will be the Gran Turismo for PC.

F1 2011 and Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed just won't cut it anymore. Lol.
Also, I still play Battlefield 3 after work often. Add me up on Battlelog if you're on PC. Peep the sig.
In other news, Jenson Button and Jessica Michibata were in the country for this weekend and just placed third in his age category in the Ironman 70.3 event over here.
I never knew you had a replica cockpit to simulate real racing, that's wasup :smokin
And shot out to Jenson Button!! I would slap the **** out of ignorant fools who think race car drivers aren't in tip top shape! That's enough proof there!

I can't get enough of the Olympics.  Been watching a lot of events.  Fun watching sports you normally wouldn't watch... and the best in the world competing at it!

As for the break, I'll probably catch up on some of the past few races.  I watch the races live, but will re-watch them from the Sky broadcast.  They have better commentary and a more complete coverage.  I still need to watch the Valencia, Germany and Hungary races... from Sky!

I will sometimes watch the GP2/GP3 races if I can find a stream, but that's about it.  I also watch the Le Mans 24hrs each year... as much of it as I can, anyway.
How do I get Sky here in the States? 0]
You're right about the different events, I caught myself watching water polo today. I shouldn't have spoke so soon >D

Been spending some time tweaking wheel settings on my G27 for F1 2011 for the past hour, since work was suspended for the second consecutive days due to flooding in other parts of the metro over here. Thankfully we're safe and flood-free over at my place. Just experiencing a lot of rain. Works much better now. Tried a few laps around Spa-Francorchamps... in reverse. And to think Eau Rouge/Radillon was crazy uphill. :x :wow:
I know this was posted earlier in this thread, but check out Bruno Senna doing it in real life. Not even at full speed. :x

By the way, the G27 Force Feedback seems somewhat weaker compared to the DFGT, even at maximum settings. *scratches head*
Yea I hope you're doing OK over there as well man! Stay safe! You and your fam!
That drop must really give you some mean butterflies in your stomach :smh: :x
Too bad you play on PC :stoneface: . I play on my 360 but I don't have a wheel like you do. I feel like I'm missing alot by not playing it with a wheel and foot pedals.

^ Almost forgot... hope you guys are doing ok there.  I've seen some pics and it looks pretty scary.

Anyway, interesting that the DFGT may have stronger feedback, but think overall the G27 is still superior in every way.  With the Olympics, I haven't played GT5 in while! 

That's a great vid, but this is even better! 
[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

SaintP coming thru in the clutch once again :lol:

^ @SinnerP, yeah...will try rev matching first. Baby steps. :lol: Thanks.

this. Finding a reliable Sky Sports stream during race weekends is already a bit of a challenge in itself. Star Sports doesn't really cut it.

I never knew you had a replica cockpit to simulate real racing, that's wasup :smokin
yup, definitely adds to the immersion factor a lot. I placed the entire build in a spoiler on the previous page. Originally built it for Gran Turismo 5 back in 2010, and just made a few upgrades along the way. I didn't find mounting a wheel on a table to be any good, plus I found the Playseat too expensive for what it is, so I designed and built my own for a fraction of the cost. Lol. Being a bespoke setup definitely helps, too. Easier to install/remove/upgrade hardware.

Thanks man. Yeah the sun was out and it did get pretty warm and dry for a while earlier... and then it rained again. :\ Oh well, the weather is definitely improving.

Too bad you play on PC :stoneface: . I play on my 360 but I don't have a wheel like you do. I feel like I'm missing alot by not playing it with a wheel and foot pedals.
Let's just say that once you get to play on a racing wheel and pedals kit, you won't want to play racing games any way else. :lol:

For racing sims, PC is definitely the way to go. You definitely have better hardware nowadays compared to a 7 year old console. The amount of immersion and realism readily available to consumers is definitely incredible. Driving games you see at the arcade is child's play compared to the ridiculous home setups some people have.

As for racing wheels for the 360... I don't think there are that many out for the 360 compared to PC and PS3. And no, using your hands to steer a car via Kinect doesn't count as a wheel, Microsoft. :rolleyes It looks dumb and tiring; not to mention no sense of feedback, either.

I know Fanatec makes a Forza-branded CSR racing wheel value pack for around $250. Complete with a set of pedals and two types of shifters (manual sequential and H-pattern manual). Not sure if the G27 works for the 360 as well, but I've heard Fanatec's are better for only around $50 more.
csr3.jpg

Too bad they don't sell Fanatec wheels here. Logitech is reasonably priced here. Thrustmaster costs an arm and a leg. The T500RS costs around $900 over here... without the TH8RS shifter (~$250 more). :x >: :stoneface:

Come to think of it, Project C.A.R.S.'s helmet-eye level view is pretty much spot on when you see Lucas Di Grassi's onboard video covering his eye. Still kinda looks a bit high at first, though.

Last edited:
I just envy Sky Sports subscribers having so much incredible access during grand prix weekends, including choosing which onboard camera to view the race from. Definitely a lot more analysis. Really appreciate the input from former F1 greats around the paddock as well.

^ @SinnerP, yeah...will try rev matching first. Baby steps. :lol: Thanks.

this. Finding a reliable Sky Sports stream during race weekends is already a bit of a challenge in itself. Star Sports doesn't really cut it.

yup, definitely adds to the immersion factor a lot. I placed the entire build in a spoiler on the previous page. Originally built it for Gran Turismo 5 back in 2010, and just made a few upgrades along the way. I didn't find mounting a wheel on a table to be any good, plus I found the Playseat too expensive for what it is, so I designed and built my own for a fraction of the cost. Lol. Being a bespoke setup definitely helps, too. Easier to install/remove/upgrade hardware.

Thanks man. Yeah the sun was out and it did get pretty warm and dry for a while earlier... and then it rained again. :\ Oh well, the weather is definitely improving.

Let's just say that once you get to play on a racing wheel and pedals kit, you won't want to play racing games any way else. :lol:

For racing sims, PC is definitely the way to go. You definitely have better hardware nowadays compared to a 7 year old console. The amount of immersion and realism readily available to consumers is definitely incredible. Driving games you see at the arcade is child's play compared to the ridiculous home setups some people have.

As for racing wheels for the 360... I don't think there are that many out for the 360 compared to PC and PS3. And no, using your hands to steer a car via Kinect doesn't count as a wheel, Microsoft. :rolleyes It looks dumb and tiring; not to mention no sense of feedback, either.

I know Fanatec makes a Forza-branded CSR racing wheel value pack for around $250. Complete with a set of pedals and two types of shifters (manual sequential and H-pattern manual). Not sure if the G27 works for the 360 as well, but I've heard Fanatec's are better for only around $50 more.
csr3.jpg

Too bad they don't sell Fanatec wheels here. Logitech is reasonably priced here. Thrustmaster costs an arm and a leg. The T500RS costs around $900 over here... without the TH8RS shifter (~$250 more). :x >: :stoneface:

Come to think of it, Project C.A.R.S.'s helmet-eye level view is pretty much spot on when you see Lucas Di Grassi's onboard video covering his eye. Still kinda looks a bit high at first, though.
:lol: Had to laugh at that Kinect line. I would buy a wheel and pedal kit without a problem, if I wasn't a broke 20 year old college student. Damn that means I have to get a gaming PC, but right now that's not in my budget and there's no space in this tiny apartment. But you know what, I would rather go karting than just play the simulation. I'm still waiting for the weather down here to clear up so the leauge at my local track could start. Too bad the indoor kart league already started and it's a bit too far from where I live :\

Louis ~ I re-watch the races by... ahem... downloading them. :nerd:
Torrents? I don't know how to work that ****, and I def don't want my computer catching a virus. :lol:

Have any of you guys watched these videos? Pretty interesting.

Yeah, karting's fun... but it ain't cheap over here.

Nice videos. Definitely shows a lot of insight into the cars. It's crazy how incredibly bespoke parts of the car are for the driver. Definitely paying attention to every little detail. :wow: :smokin

Anyway, I caved last night and finally purchased a Project C.A.R.S. Full Membership. :lol:

Main Menu

Entering Radillon, looking down at Eau Rouge.

Took their Formula A (basically their Formula 1 model) out for a shakedown at the Belgian Forest Circuit (Spa-Francorchamps). Made my first edited video on YouTube. :lol:

I know, I know... it was a hardly committed drive around the circuit. Tried my best not to crash. Still getting used to the game. :lol: :wow:

Definitely felt better driving in this game than any other racing game I've ever driven so far. :x :wow: :smokin And to think it's still only in pre-alpha stage (2013 release). Pardon the video quality, Fraps didn't really capture how good it looks at Ultra -even at 1080p capture. It definitely looks better than that. Trust me on that.

I can't get enough of the Olympics.  Been watching a lot of events.  Fun watching sports you normally wouldn't watch... and the best in the world competing at it!

As for the break, I'll probably catch up on some of the past few races.  I watch the races live, but will re-watch them from the Sky broadcast.  They have better commentary and a more complete coverage.  I still need to watch the Valencia, Germany and Hungary races... from Sky!

I will sometimes watch the GP2/GP3 races if I can find a stream, but that's about it.  I also watch the Le Mans 24hrs each year... as much of it as I can, anyway.

Yea watching olympics is like going on holiday where you can enjoy yourself because your neutral and going back to watching f1 again is like going back to work with your heart pounding at the start of every race and constantly shouting at Maldonado.

I'm also looking to jump back into GT5 but my PS3 backlog is massive. I haven't even used the DLC I purchased.

Louis ~ Yeah there are always risks with torrents, but as long as you keep track of what you're DL-ing and getting it from reputable uploaders, you should be ok.  

Good vids guys.  zk1, good clean run through Spa!  The game looks great... too bad I don't do PC-gaming.  Is it better than rFactor, which I hear is really good?

Karting is so much fun.  I've done the indoor electric karts, which is fun and all, but nothing near "real" karting.  I got a chance to drive a 100cc kart and the thing's a beast!  I know there are faster karts, but the one I drove was already leaps and bound better than the "amusement park" ones.  Had to really feather the throttle as it would easily snap to oversteer had I floored it.  After around 10-15 mins, my arms were dead! 

Can't believe the Olympics are over, but still 2 weeks till Spa!

^ Thanks man. It's hard to keep the car on line since it's quite twitchy (i.e., spin from too much torque) when you put in too much throttle -forcing me to feather the throttle like you did in karting... which makes lap times suffer.

Small errors which lead to my lap times not being counted ("off track") is driving me nuts. Game is pretty unforgiving in that aspect. :\ :lol: The transition from arcade to sim racing is a pretty huge jump.

Also, the default setup is about 3-5 seconds off the WR time, so there's definitely a lot to tweak in the game. I just got to figure out how. :wow:

Oh yeah... I think I got a free copy of rFactor included in my Logitech G27. Giving it a spin later after work. EDIT: Just a 60-minute trial. Looks like a PS2 game. Well, off to work.

Last edited:
:lol:  Fail.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/maldonado-crashes-f1-street-demo-200316197.html
[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]

Oh boy. See? Even F1 drivers lose their rear end once in a while. :lol: :tongue:

Tried rFactor earlier. Not really a fan. Interesting force feedback, though.

Tried tinkering with car setups in pCARS. I haven't really even dabbled in that area of racing much. Lol. Looks like I have to do so, since I'm struggling to find the pace. Tires don't have that much grip, I reckon. Pretty difficult to find the right setup. And it takes too much time, too! I need to be more patient. Simply put, it's really hard to put in a committed drive. I definitely have more and more respect for professional drivers with each spin I have. But then again, they have a whole team dedicated to their needs. I'm just doing this by my lonesome. :lol:

It's crazy how I'm faster than the lap record by a couple of seconds in F1 2011... yet be 5-10 seconds off the pace in this racing simulation. :x

Here's another video of me at the Milan GP (Monza) Circuit in pCARS. Looking back at videos certainly shows you which sections of the track you could have taken a better line through. Still can't get the line through Parabolica right after all these years. :wow: :lol:

EDIT: Great. No audio. Forgot to tick the box before conversion. Deleted the actual file already, too. *facepalm* :smh:

Last edited:
Yeah, karting's fun... but it ain't cheap over here.

Nice videos. Definitely shows a lot of insight into the cars. It's crazy how incredibly bespoke parts of the car are for the driver. Definitely paying attention to every little detail. :wow: :smokin

Anyway, I caved last night and finally purchased a Project C.A.R.S. Full Membership. :lol:

Main Menu

Entering Radillon, looking down at Eau Rouge.

Took their Formula A (basically their Formula 1 model) out for a shakedown at the Belgian Forest Circuit (Spa-Francorchamps). Made my first edited video on YouTube. :lol:

I know, I know... it was a hardly committed drive around the circuit. Tried my best not to crash. Still getting used to the game. :lol: :wow:

Definitely felt better driving in this game than any other racing game I've ever driven so far. :x :wow: :smokin And to think it's still only in pre-alpha stage (2013 release). Pardon the video quality, Fraps didn't really capture how good it looks at Ultra -even at 1080p capture. It definitely looks better than that. Trust me on that.
Yeah karting ain't cheap over here either :lol: I'm trying to sell most of my kicks to buy my own kart, although I wouldn't have anywhere to store it :wow:
Those videos sure helped me understand just how 'custom' these cars are to fit the driver's needs and regulations at the same time. Nice lap through Spa >D I honestly despise driving through Sector 2. Because the Xbox joystick(pause) has a limited range of motion, when trying to turn through those corners I'm always driving off track >:

Louis ~ Yeah there are always risks with torrents, but as long as you keep track of what you're DL-ing and getting it from reputable uploaders, you should be ok.  

Good vids guys.  zk1, good clean run through Spa!  The game looks great... too bad I don't do PC-gaming.  Is it better than rFactor, which I hear is really good?

Karting is so much fun.  I've done the indoor electric karts, which is fun and all, but nothing near "real" karting.  I got a chance to drive a 100cc kart and the thing's a beast!  I know there are faster karts, but the one I drove was already leaps and bound better than the "amusement park" ones.  Had to really feather the throttle as it would easily snap to oversteer had I floored it.  After around 10-15 mins, my arms were dead! 

Can't believe the Olympics are over, but still 2 weeks till Spa!
Lol I don't do PC gaming either. I downloaded uTorrent back in May, and I tried to download an episode of Gundam and once downloaded I couldn't watch it for some reason :rolleyes. I honestly only download music on my computer and nothing more.
As for karting, I always wanted one when I was a kid but my parents never approved of it(grew up poor and mom dukes was scared as $#!t for me to ever get on one :lol:). I always wanted to do it as a sport, but since I was already doing good in baseball they didn't see any point to it. Well I went to my first arrive and drive at my local track(Miami GP Raceway) earlier this summer, and I LOVED it. At the time there was only enough money for me to drive just one session(which is about 12 minutes). But man did I wanted more!!! The adrenaline was rushing through me so fast that I couldn't sit down! I managed to do 9 laps with an average lap time of 1:03 because I spun out twice :x . I spun out hitting my rear left tyre on the kerb on a chicane leading into the final right handed corner before the home straight. Then like 2 laps later I spun out on the first corner because I was coming in too fast from the home straight. I hit the brakes and they locked up on me,when I tried to turn the kart it just spun out from under me. I was so shook after that :smh: :smh:
I didn't realize until I went into the pits, that my left foot was lightly on the brake the whole time. That's why when I accelerated in the straights, I wouldn't really feel a 'pull' from the kart :lol: I was so scared :lol:. The G forces I experienced going into a left handed 120 degree corner at 45+mph leading out to a straight was just exhilarating!! And you're completely spot on about your arms being dead!! Mines went to sleep on the car ride home! There were 2 kids there who race at the junior level that managed to do 40 second lap times :wow:
I was actually suppose to go indoor karting last week to see how it compares to 'outdoor' karting. But I didn't end up going due to flaky ***** friends >: :smh: I swear I think I really have no friends in this world.

:lol:  Fail.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/maldonado-crashes-f1-street-demo-200316197.html

I support Maldonado because he's Hispanic like me, and I like to see us succeed. But if he doesn't finish the year strong and keeps having accidents in races....RIP to his super license :smh:

Last edited:
Yeah karting ain't cheap over here either :lol: I'm trying to sell most of my kicks to buy my own kart, although I wouldn't have anywhere to store it :wow:

Lol I don't do PC gaming either. I downloaded uTorrent back in May, and I tried to download an episode of Gundam and once downloaded I couldn't watch it for some reason :rolleyes. I honestly only download music on my computer and nothing more.
As for karting, I always wanted one when I was a kid but my parents never approved of it(grew up poor and mom dukes was scared as $#!t for me to ever get on one :lol:). I always wanted to do it as a sport, but since I was already doing good in baseball they didn't see any point to it. Well I went to my first arrive and drive at my local track(Miami GP Raceway) earlier this summer, and I LOVED it. At the time there was only enough money for me to drive just one session(which is about 12 minutes). But man did I wanted more!!! The adrenaline was rushing through me so fast that I couldn't sit down! I managed to do 9 laps with an average lap time of 1:03 because I spun out twice :x . I spun out hitting my rear left tyre on the kerb on a chicane leading into the final right handed corner before the home straight. Then like 2 laps later I spun out on the first corner because I was coming in too fast from the home straight. I hit the brakes and they locked up on me,when I tried to turn the kart it just spun out from under me. I was so shook after that :smh: :smh:
I didn't realize until I went into the pits, that my left foot was lightly on the brake the whole time. That's why when I accelerated in the straights, I wouldn't really feel a 'pull' from the kart :lol: I was so scared :lol:. The G forces I experienced going into a left handed 120 degree corner at 45+mph leading out to a straight was just exhilarating!! And you're completely spot on about your arms being dead!! Mines went to sleep on the car ride home! There were 2 kids there who race at the junior level that managed to do 40 second lap times :wow:
I was actually suppose to go indoor karting last week to see how it compares to 'outdoor' karting. But I didn't end up going due to flaky ***** friends >: :smh: I swear I think I really have no friends in this world.

Yeah. Karting is definitely a lot of fun. Sim racing is the next best thing to that. I find it more cost-effective. Lol. Although you really do miss the sensation of the g-forces. You can only go so far. Thankfully I gave up spending money on sneakers and found better ways to enjoy life. :lol:

Thanks man. You can definitely notice from the video that I lifted off the throttle a lot in Sector 2. Definitely lost a lot of time there. Managed to cut 6 seconds off that time in the video earlier, though. Looking forward to cutting it down even more tonight. Was sliding in some corners earlier, too. Was that supposed to be a brake lockup? Didn't notice any smoke. :lol: But then again I don't think it's in the game... yet. Lol.

Found out that I've been doing it all wrong at the second sector of the circuit. These videos by Mark Webber definitely offer a great deal of insight on how fast you should take the corners. Some corners I take 2-3 gears slower than in the video. :x So that's why. Guess I should really be checking out these videos and do my homework before I do any hotlaps. :lol:

:smokin

I've actually been doing quite more karting since we have an indoor one a half hour north of me. Thankfully my GF loves it do we try to go as much as we can. She's actually slowly getting into F1 which I love and even said when we have kids she wouldn't mind them racing. :pimp:

LouisLagerfeld,
How's Miami GP raceway? Been meaning to go out there and check it out but every time I decide to go it ends up raining. Smh.

Ran a lap of the old original Hockenheim Circuit layout for the very first time on pCARS. Track was apparently narrower then. The long straights definitely remind me of the Mulsanne Straight, albeit somewhat curved.

Good to see some racing sims offering the old versions of the track layouts of world-famous circuits. Definitely wondered what it felt like to drive in the old days. They also carried out the old feel quite well. :smokin

Good to see the rest of you guys taking the F1 mid-season break pretty well. Sim racing definitely is helping me cope. :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah. Karting is definitely a lot of fun. Sim racing is the next best thing to that. I find it more cost-effective. Lol. Although you really do miss the sensation of the g-forces. You can only go so far. Thankfully I gave up spending money on sneakers and found better ways to enjoy life. :lol:
Thanks man. You can definitely notice from the video that I lifted off the throttle a lot in Sector 2. Definitely lost a lot of time there. Managed to cut 6 seconds off that time in the video earlier, though. Looking forward to cutting it down even more tonight. Was sliding in some corners earlier, too. Was that supposed to be a brake lockup? Didn't notice any smoke. :lol: But then again I don't think it's in the game... yet. Lol.
Man you ain't the only one. I went from ~62 pairs down to 24 and I'm still trying to down size and only keep ~10 pairs.

Yea I think your brakes did lock up, but not so much.

Found out that I've been doing it all wrong at the second sector of the circuit. These videos by Mark Webber definitely offer a great deal of insight on how fast you should take the corners. Some corners I take 2-3 gears slower than in the video. :x So that's why. Guess I should really be checking out these videos and do my homework before I do any hotlaps. :lol:

:smokin

I've actually been doing quite more karting since we have an indoor one a half hour north of me. Thankfully my GF loves it do we try to go as much as we can. She's actually slowly getting into F1 which I love and even said when we have kids she wouldn't mind them racing. :pimp:
LouisLagerfeld,
How's Miami GP raceway? Been meaning to go out there and check it out but every time I decide to go it ends up raining. Smh.
So you do live down here. I sent you a PM on the old NT asking you what part of Miami you're from and you never replied. Judging from your post you must live up north in broward county or close to the broward county border, since you say you live about a half hour from the indoor track. I live close to the new Marlins stadium and K1 Speed is far from me, especially since I have no car. Miami GP Raceway is quite nice, people are friendly and knowledgeable. Although $25 for an arrive and drive is not cool :smh: :x . They don't have specials like K1 Speed's "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" either, so when I went I only rode once. And you're right about the rain, when I went it started drizzling around my 6th lap. That's one of the main reasons why they haven't started any leagues yet >: . By the way your gf seems cool, my mom always opposed to letting me ride in one, even if it had a rollcage around it :smh:. I would really like to take my ex to K1 before school starts. Double date? :nerd:

Ran a lap of the old original Hockenheim Circuit layout for the very first time on pCARS. Track was apparently narrower then. The long straights definitely remind me of the Mulsanne Straight, albeit somewhat curved.

Good to see some racing sims offering the old versions of the track layouts of world-famous circuits. Definitely wondered what it felt like to drive in the old days. They also carried out the old feel quite well. :smokin
Good to see the rest of you guys taking the F1 mid-season break pretty well. Sim racing definitely is helping me cope. :lol:
Old Hockenheim>>> New Hockenheim

I would really like to see this feature on F1 2012. It would be cool to have tracks that are not on the schedule this season, even if it's offered as DLC.

zk1MPLS,
All these sim racing vids making me want to get a cockpit built but no room to store it :\ :lol: :pimp:

LouisLagerfeld,
Never got your PM but I actually dont live anywhere near those parts. Lived my whole stint in Doral and still do but raised up in Miami Springs/Allapattah/Hialeah/CC/LCBrownsville and such. Spent more time with friends than at home hence why I know more of other parts as well. I never been to K1. I fancy more Xtreme Indoor. I wouldnt mind doing the DD once my girl moves down. Xtreme actually has Leagues for different age classes. You use their karts so its ighter on the wallet. Once I move out I hope to build my own Kart to go drive down in Homestead.

zk1MPLS,
All these sim racing vids making me want to get a cockpit built but no room to store it :\ :lol: :pimp:

Well, you could get a WheelStand Pro, or a PlaySeat. Those stands are pretty portable. Or build your own equivalent for cheap. Or you can't just clamp the wheel on your desk. Anyway, here's another vid to get you more tempted. :tongue: :lol:

Trying out the Bandicam screen capture software in this one. Been using Fraps for the first four (which slows down the framerate considerably... not to mention take up gigabytes of space for a short video). Hopefully this one is of better quality. Still trying to find a way to compress the video without messing up the audio. :\

I wish I could go karting more often. Haven't done so in over a year. The smell of gasoline definitely gets you going. :lol:

Last edited:
Nice vids.  Yeah, old-Hockenheim definitely does has a nice feel to it.  Almost like a Monza-feel with the long straights and the forests.  The driving looks smooth... 
pimp.gif

Louis ~ I gotta say, if you're gonna support your Hispanic boys, go with Perez! This Maldo.. 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
  Seriously though, Checo has been very impressive.  Consistent, solid and reliable.  Maldo can be fast, but the guy is so reckless and too hot-headed.  Still don't know how he won Barcelona.  There are some youtube vids of him during his GP2 days... crashing outta nowhere.  It was really bizarre.  
mean.gif

^ Surprising he still got a seat in F1 with his recklessness. He's twice as bad as Lewis at the very least (just saying that Lewis can get a bit reckless if he gets too aggressive). :lol: :\

Smooth but slow driving. :wow: :lol:

Yeah. I'm a fan of Perez. Him getting a drive for Ferrari would be promising; going to make the team more competitive in the Constructor's Championship. But I'd take Kimi over him, if rumors persist. :tongue:

I agree with SinnerP. Maldonado is just wow. He even finds a way to crash at a Home Demonstration in Venezuela, BY HIMSELF!!!!

Checo has been pretty consistant this season. I like what the kid has been doing for himself and will be dope to see where he ends up next season.

zk1MPLS,
:nerd: Great idea... WHat steering wheel is a good beginner one or which is a good one at decent/fair price? WHich do you use?

Searching for Play seats I found these F1 ones.... WOW. Def gives you the driver feel...

playseatf1redbull.jpg

f1seat-wheel-addon-side.jpg

Last edited:
^ What games/system?  I bought a Driving Force GT for my PS3 right before GT5.  Takes driving-games to a new level. 

damn you guys!! im not into video games but seeing those plays seats(just checked ebay)lol now im really considering it... this is the closest thing i can get to driving F1 :D it brings out the frustated racing driver in me. back in the day, there's a karting track close to where i live and we used to run few laps with my friends on a regular. we could gone in to competitive karting but nothing serious yet but my body weight got in the way and i couldn't keep up because of heavy drinking.lol :smh:

anyway i'll do more research about these plays seats then after i get one...the next level and I swear i'll cop the an authentic replica f1 helmet, race suit, shoes and gloves just to complete my lil f1 dream.haha :tongue:

but for now, i can't just imagine myself watching f1 while im sitting on one of those play seats! the feel of sitting on a cock pit feels like a boss! im already stoke just thinking about it :smokin

Back
Top Bottom