F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

:lol:
To be fair, last year Ferrari's always used Fridays to hone their setups. Come FP3 and qualifying they'll be up there if not faster.
I'm just glad to see that Merc are not 5 tenths behind as assumed and are up there.

Midfield is:
giphy.gif

Merc had pole by 7 tenths last year too then come Bahrain Ferrari was on pole and by 0.5s IIRC. I won't get too happy just yet. The car looks really stiff so I won't be surprised to see the Diva return.

I'm liking the midfield battle and great job to all the rookies who out-qualified their teammates.

^^
I'm happy because it's a much better performance than expected after the tests. Next race will be different, but it's better to start with a good result.

Congrats to Lando!

Great job by Nando. Shame about Russell being in the Williams though.

Kubica is way too far back. I know he's bringing in sponsor money but I wonder if he's up to the task really with his arm. I hope he is.

As for the long runs, I expect Merc to be ahead while Ferrari use this race as damage limitations potentially but i won't be surprised if they were up there in the mix tomorrow.

Imo the major problem of Kubica is, that Williams was not able to give him the opportunity to get to know the car during the pre-season test.
He needs to find a rhythm.

It still baffles my mind that Bobby K. can still drive an F1 car given the state of his arm. Incredible.

Imo the major problem of Kubica is, that Williams was not able to give him the opportunity to get to know the car during the pre-season test.
He needs to find a rhythm.
Same amount of time as George but 1.7 seconds back still with more experience.
I hope that's the case though and he can find his groove. I really don't want his arm to be an issue for him.

Just watching the highlights and they were talking about how the drivers have beefed up and you can visibly see it on Lewis. Gonna look out for the rest now to see if they put on some bulk.
Some did not look healthy at all in previous seasons.

It will be interesting to see if the weight rule change makes a difference - Hamilton is something like 20lbs heavier so that should give him a lot more strength and stamina.

Ugh, Alfa keeping GIO out there for SOOOO long compromised Lando's race. Not saying that he could have gotten into the points, but it did hurt his strategy. GIO's race also got screwed.

Back
Top Bottom