F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Even with the short season I hope they release the special hats for some tracks still. I always look forward to the Silverstone one.

can someone explain what they're talking about with Max using medium tires in Q2? was that basically "throwing away" a top Q2 time to save more soft tire for tomorrow? knowing of course he could still make the cut with the medium tires

can someone explain what they're talking about with Max using medium tires in Q2? was that basically "throwing away" a top Q2 time to save more soft tire for tomorrow? knowing of course he could still make the cut with the medium tires

Yes they just wanted to qualify in the top 10 in Q2, because they went for a different strategy. Max will start on mediums and will be able to stay out longer than the other drivers in the top 10 tomorrow

Well done Mclaren. Lando is such a good qualifier. Just needs to sort out his race.

Mercedes half a second faster. Wasn't expecting that.
Lewis didn't nail S1 in his final lap otherwise that would've been pole but I'll still take P2. Good job by Bottas.

Nice to see Mclaren and Racing point in the mix as well and very close together.

That would probably be a 1.5 second gap between Mercedes and the rest in Silverstone. :wow:
They won’t show it though. Time to turn down the power.

I wonder what Sainz is thinking :lol:
Ferrari are no where but I don't expect them down for long. Update in 2 races apparently

Race pace might be different case entirely too.

Had a tiny bit of hope that Ferrari was pulling smoke and mirrors, but they clearly weren’t. The car is trash. Like D Double D Double mentioned, the team is supposed to implement updates in the next few races, which will probably be too little too late in a shortened season.

Back
Top Bottom