F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Hamilton announced the launch of The Hamilton Commission, a research initiative with help from the Royal Academy of Engineering that will explore how motorsport can be used to “engage more young people from black backgrounds with Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects and, ultimately, employ them on our teams or in other engineering sectors”.

It will explore areas including lack of role models and career services at schools, opportunities to engage more black youth with STEM extracurriculars, barriers that prevent people from more diverse backgrounds joining the racing industry, and problematic hiring practices that result in fewer black graduates entering engineering professions,” Hamilton wrote.

When I look back in 20 years, I want to see the sport that gave a shy, working-class black kid from Stevenage so much opportunity, become as diverse as the complex and multicultural world we live in,” Hamilton said.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

You've done a lot of good things for F1, but FU Bernie.

Bernie sure did retire at the right time.

How can the head of F1 say:

women should dress in white "like all other domestic appliances."

Wow. That would not fly at all today.

I always see people say put your money where your mouth is and here we are.

To be honest he's been doing that since he sold his jet and made other lifestyle choices.

Hopefully this is what he focuses on after he retires.

Bernie sure did retire at the right time.

How can the head of F1 say:

women should dress in white "like all other domestic appliances."

Wow. That would not fly at all today.

I always see people say put your money where your mouth is and here we are.

To be honest he's been doing that since he sold his jet and made other lifestyle choices.

Hopefully this is what he focuses on after he retires.

Yea he's become a lot more vocal and active on societal issues at large recently which has been great to see given his profile and the amount of influence he's able to wield as one of Britains greatest sportsmen.

Definitely sounds like he has his sights set on leaving a legacy greater than even his accomplishments on the track :pimp:

IMG_20200626_112808.jpg

Distancing themselves real quick :lol:

I guess it would've been much harder when he owned the sport.

That looks so sick.
I've seen stuff like that in renders all the time but glad to see a real version.

I'm a bit worried about heat though, especially after the Austria GP last year :lol:
But these are Merc engineers, I'm sure they know what they're doing

EDIT: Just read they'll be wearing black overalls and possibly both drivers or maybe just Lewis will have a helmet change.

Can't wait to see all of this in a few days.

Last edited:

Ferrari is basically conceding the first two races of a shortened season so I highly doubt Seb gets the storybook ending the fans are hoping for :lol:

From number 1 driver to no contract offered.
Damn, Ferrari are ruthless.

Doesn't even sound like they offered him a number 2 seat.

Back
Top Bottom