F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Was it just me or did it take Brundle and Crofty a longggg time to acknowledge that Gasly's car was on fire?

Toto :rofl: would love to see the helmet cam :lol:

pxqeq6kveso81.jpg

What happened to Mclaren. What am I missing?

Never been this happy to see a Ferrari win. Lewis on podium was the cherry on top.

Max doing what he did in Brazil 2021. Compromising himself in turn 1 and not thinking about the next DRS zone. Just straight tunnel vision.
Then the whining about I'll never listen to you again on team radio :lol:

Also just seen that the FIA has clarified rules about overtaking and released the report. Few months too late. Absolute sham
Yea I'm still salty.

What happened to Mclaren. What am I missing?

Car tested reasonably well in Barcelona, but at the Bahrain test, they had brake cooling issues, which seriously hampered their test. Couldn't even run a full race distance. Daniel caught Covid at the Bahrain test so Lando did all the running. But overall, the car just isn't as good as they had hoped. The Bahrain GP was the first time both guys ran a full race distance. It's gonna be long season as there won't be any quick-fixes for this car. 😓😓😓

I see. Didn't know they had it that bad. Was hoping they could be at the front.

Mercedes looking like a car from an Xzibit music video.
Can't believe they're the ones the porpoising is affecting the most.

Also looks like they've lost out on the engine side as well. All Lewis can pray for is a 2012 Alonso like Season.
Hoping for at least 1 win to keep the streak going.

Interesting quotes from Ralf Schumacher about Aston Martin (translated from German):

Aston Martin is aware of the predicament. The car not only moves up and down, but also reacts uncontrollably with over- and understeer. According to the report, Vettel already knew what was in store for him during the test drives.

"The car is - so they say - a disaster. It must be able to do everything you don't need. And on top of that, apparently the team owner is now also sitting in on meetings and voicing how things have to go. If that's the case, then it's going to be really, really complicated."

"That's when you wanted to achieve too much, too fast, and that just doesn't work in Formula 1. You can't just take a lot of people and a lot of money, put it in a pot, stir it briefly and then something good comes out. The team wanted to take a bulldozer approach, and that didn't work for Toyota back then."

One could argue that the Mercedes engine covered weaknesses in different areas of other customer teams last season. If the engine is no longer superior, the teams can no longer conceal their other weaknesses with the engine advantage.
For Williams, McLaren and especially Aston Martin, this is not a good outlook.

But we've only had one race. We should wait for 3-5 races. Especially after Imola, we should have a clear understanding of the power ratios.
Would be surprised, if Mercedes doesn't solve the bouncing/setup problems until Imola. Until then, they have to do damage control to keep the deficit as small as possible.

Don't know about an even more expanded season but having races in Africa would be amazing :pimp:

30 races is crazy though :sick:

I like the idea of expanding, but 30 races are too many.

The sport is still incredibly dangerous and I don't know that 30 races will move the sport forward in a meaningful way other than more GP ticket sales.

Last edited:
I can see why they want to get more races in the US off the success of the Netflix show but all these sports just expanding to squeeze every dollar they can.

I like that idea of the classic tracks with a rotation of new tracks to help spread the sport and gives fans who might not have the opportunity to travel potentially catch a race.

30 is way too much. The current schedules are already packed. Lots of double headers and starting to see more triple headers. Teams are going to be burnt out. I guess that's why some teams have extra crew members to rotate but with the cost cap etc, I don't think it's beneficial to keep adding more.

30 races are way too much. Hell, 23 right now are too many. The staff of all the teams are struggling as it is.
More does not = better.
16-17 seems like a reasonably sufficient number. 30 is wild to think about and will that dilute the vibe of each race?

Back
Top Bottom