F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Is Sky hiring because Mick Schumacher is going to need a new job very soon.

Guenther was looking for one last reason to fire Mick and he got it.

BTW- Sinner Sinner they've each confirmed that they don't like each other and fell out some years ago. I think Esteban confirmed on the Beyond the Grid podcast and Pierre did in a separate interview.

Just a few races ago, Esteban said that he preferred Mick as a teammate cuz he thinks he's fast and gets along with him. But I think that comment says a lot more on his comfort level with him cuz he probably feels he's faster than Mick. I think Pierre is faster than Esteban, so it'll be interesting to see the team dynamic as Esteban feels that he's the team-leader.

Ultimately, these two are adults and professionals. I def expect them to put whatever it is behind them and do their job!

Ugh..... Daniel was looking pretty good... then misses out by 3/1000th of a sec.
And it looked like Lando just didn't have it. I wonder how much his off-track from Max hurt him.

Alpines look quick again tho... 😞😞

1665215408526.png

I recorded qualifying so I could watch it in the morning. Didn't want to stay up to watch it live. Welp... no penalty for Max for that incident with Lando.

Probably one of the better quali sessions in recent years. FIA was actually being consistent with the Max incident in not giving him a penalty, can't really fault them for that.

Forecast looks awful for the race though, wondering if we'll get full wets finally, or if the race start gets delayed again.

Quite the series of events after the restart. Congrats to Max on the WDC, man's wasn't even sure he was champ in the cool down room :lol:

Interesting discussion... and in a shocking situation, TBH.

2 separate incidences... there shouldn't have been any recovery vehicle there at that moment... especially given the visibility issues. It was always gonna be dangerous for all involved. Have they not learned anything?

At the same time, Pierre seemed to be going at a really high speed... and should have slowed down much more. They were saying he was in 5th gear at the time he passed Carlos' car. So he needs to be more aware of that as well. And it looks like he was just penalized for it as well.

All for a damn nose ring lol. BTW, do any other driver have said nose piercing?

I think I’m with the FIA in this - in many sports things like piercings are banned because you can see how that could lead to serious injury. Maybe this particular stud is small and wouldn’t cause a problem under normal circumstances but it’s a slippery slope and then you have someone wearing hoop earrings and losing half their ear.

The simplest way to enforce that is to say “no piercings” and HAM is just being contrary trying to ignore what is a sensible rule.

Then why let drivers race with wedding rings? The FIA is garbage. We have had a bomb land near a race track, tractors and Marshals on the race track while cars are zooming by in the wet, numerous late deployments of the safety car but a nose stud is what they want to make a fuss about?

Congrats to Max but that was an embarrassment of a race by the FIA. You would think they would get their **** together after Abu Dhabi. Now, let’s see them embarrass themselves once again with the cost cap debacle tomorrow.

I think I’m with the FIA in this - in many sports things like piercings are banned because you can see how that could lead to serious injury. Maybe this particular stud is small and wouldn’t cause a problem under normal circumstances but it’s a slippery slope and then you have someone wearing hoop earrings and losing half their ear.

The simplest way to enforce that is to say “no piercings” and HAM is just being contrary trying to ignore what is a sensible rule.

This isn't like other sports though, any scenario in which jewelry could make any difference to a driver is a scenario in which the driver is already dead, especially when we're talking about earrings and nose piercings. There'd have to be a significant impact to the head for that to occur, and jewelry would be the least of anyone's worries. There's really no evidence of it being a risk, and the only significant moment involving jewelry was Grosjean's fire, in which his ring prevented burns on that part of his finger.

Yea the piercings nonsense is ridiculous.

FIA need to get their head out of their *** and fix what needs fixing first. They made clowns on themselves with the tractor on track. That should never happen.

Back
Top Bottom