F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Aston Martin will probably just get fined since they didn't actually overspend, they just submitted paperwork after the deadline. RB though, who knows. I'm sure we'll find out in the next couple weeks, but I'd be surprised if it's just a fine, but also surprised if it's DSQ from the championship.

Just a few races ago, Esteban said that he preferred Mick as a teammate cuz he thinks he's fast and gets along with him. But I think that comment says a lot more on his comfort level with him cuz he probably feels he's faster than Mick. I think Pierre is faster than Esteban, so it'll be interesting to see the team dynamic as Esteban feels that he's the team-leader.

Ultimately, these two are adults and professionals. I def expect them to put whatever it is behind them and do their job!

Having them be teammates at such critical stages in their respective careers will produce nothing but animosity and fireworks. We are in for some serious entertainment here. Cant' wait!
1665215408526.png

They were wearing very similar outfits so Esteban threw on a jacket. This will only get better!

The FIA is a joke. That is all.

I see that two of the options on the table for the FIA are to take points away from last year's constructor's championship AND the driver's .

I think doing either of those, especially the latter would be a very strong step in the right direction for the sport as it would discourage all teams from overspending.

I realize that it's harsh, but if there is going to be a cost cap that everyone is expected to abide by then the penalties for exceeding it need to severe.

I agree that the penalties have to be severe if you want teams to take things seriously. The reason being is that not every team can afford to just throw money at the sport and the cap levels out the playing field a bit. If it is just a monetary fine, it would be no different than the NBA and their luxury tax really.

The thing with the cost cap, if the FIA aren’t going to sanction heavy penalties, is that teams that can spend the money, will spend the money and take the penalty. Do I think the FIA will take those sanctions to RBR? No, I think they get a slap on the wrist, and that’s it.

If teams see that, they’ll just go over the cost cap. It means nothing if they don’t set an example, early. But I won’t hold my breath. The FIA is spineless.

Also, RBR stating that the overspend on the cost cap was due to catering and sick leave?? Does anyone really believe that?

The thing with the cost cap, if the FIA aren’t going to sanction heavy penalties, is that teams that can spend the money, will spend the money and take the penalty. Do I think the FIA will take those sanctions to RBR? No, I think they get a slap on the wrist, and that’s it.

If teams see that, they’ll just go over the cost cap. It means nothing if they don’t set an example, early. But I won’t hold my breath. The FIA is spineless.

Also, RBR stating that the overspend on the cost cap was due to catering and sick leave?? Does anyone really believe that?

I don't believe anything Christian Horner says lol

He sat on the Beyond the Grid Podcast and blatantly lied about Lewis never acknowledging Max.

I don't even understand the purpose of lying about something like that as its easily verifiable by the laziest of people. He's an idiot and I can't stand him.

I don't believe anything Christian Horner says lol

He sat on the Beyond the Grid Podcast and blatantly lied about Lewis never acknowledging Max.

I don't even understand the purpose of lying about something like that as its easily verifiable by the laziest of people. He's an idiot and I can't stand him.

Even if it was true, 9 out of 10 teams managed to stay under the cap regardless. However much they are over should have been deducted from the car development like the other 9 teams did. Which means they still had an advantage. They need to be heavily punished otherwise the cost cap is a joke and the 2021 WDC will be even more of a farce than it already is.

I don't believe anything Christian says. Teams had to manage their budget last year and RBR were going all in last season bringing upgrades every week. I'm not surprised they went over and I hope that the FIA will make an example of them.

Anyone else confused about Ricciardo's logic on not being interested in potentially driving for Haas next season? Guenther said he'd invite a call from Ricciardo but he isn't willing to chase Danny down about a drive.

I understand he would rather drive for a midfield team or a front runner but those seats aren't likely to be available after next season. So if his goal is to stay in F1, wouldn't the safest bet be to call Haas?

Especially with Gene Haas coming out and saying Schumacher has to score points in the remaining races to keep his seat... which really just sounds like the kiss of death.

Back
Top Bottom