F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

I get the impression that the majority of us in here are American so my question to you guys is-

How much does it matter to you to have American drivers on the grid?

Sargeant is an outright embarrassment and does nothing to advance the argument that Americans can succeed in F1. He’s even sunken to the point of making weak excuses for his performance lately, pointing to his lack of prior testing in an F1 car as the reason that he can’t produce as a rookie (ignoring the success of Piastri and Lawson in light of the same lack of testing and rookie status). Clearly the irony of having completed 17 Grands Prix and showing zero improvement is completely lost on Sargeant.

Personally I don’t care if there aren’t American drivers on the grid. I also don’t care about having American teams on the grid. Neither move me at all and the patriotism from other countries in the sport can actually be a bit nauseating at times.

I understand that a French team like Alpine likes having French drivers to market to French people, but if there are better non-French drivers available, why voluntarily move so far away from the main objective of scoring as many points as possible?

I just want to see the best drivers and the best teams and I don’t care where they came from.

How do y’all feel about it?

Last edited:
I get the impression that the majority of us in here are American so my question to you guys is-

How much does it matter to you to have American drivers on the grid?

Sargeant is an outright embarrassment and does nothing to advance the argument that Americans can succeed in F1. He’s even sunken to the point of making weak excuses for his performance lately, pointing to his lack of prior testing in an F1 car as the reason that he can’t produce as a rookie (ignoring the success of Piastri and Lawson in light of the same lack of testing and rookie status). Clearly the irony of having completed 17 Grands Prix and showing zero improvement is completely lost on Sargeant.

Personally I don’t care if there aren’t American drivers on the grid. I also don’t care about having American teams on the grid. Neither move me at all and the patriotism from other countries in the sport can actually be a bit nauseating at times.

I understand that a French team like Alpine likes having French drivers to market to French people, but if there are better non-French drivers available, why voluntarily move so far away from the main objective of scoring as many points as possible?

I just want to see the best drivers and the best teams and I don’t care where they came from.

How do y’all feel about it?
pretty much the same. while it is nice to see someone represents the country at F1, I believe it is asinine if they can't produce the goods. also, the fact that F1 competes with out motor racing in the U.S. as far as viewership and sponsorship goes, didn't help the F1 market. not saying there won't be a good american driver but developing them and the F1 sport as a commodity is tricky now especially someone like Ford doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Having an American driver isn’t a necessity by any means. Logan (while underwhelming) is extremely likable as a person

Danny Ric is basically American so we eating regardless lol

To me his only redeeming quality is the fact that he and his family are full blown Tr*mp supporters and he hasn’t even made a veiled reference to Tr*mp during his time on the grid as far as I know.

Respect to him for keeping that nonsense separate.

Great lap by Lando! Most unexpected, but I'll take that! 💪
Not sure what happened to Oscar in P10 tho... 😕

Would be lovely to see Max struggle a bit in the race.

Lewis win in the cards but he needs a few surrounding factors to work in his favor.

Hulkenberg track limits was a heartbreaker 😞

Umph... so close there. Thought Lando would have been able to hang onto a top-3 start.
P4 & 5 still fantastic, all things considered.

I hope the folks back in Brixworth take that +9.465 to heart.

Max panicking while Lewis was in his DRS was the highlight of a boring sprint.

And what was Piastri doing cooking his tires like that so early on?

Lando looked quick after getting past Carlos... almost had Charles, too. Needed 1 more lap!
What a mare for Oscar. 😞

IMG_1681.jpeg

IMG_1682.png

The “Great White Hope” goes off in SQ2 and isn’t penalized.

He repeatedly goes off in the Sprint and again- nothing.

IMG_1683.jpeg

Derrick Warwick (the genius who brought that nickname to modern F1) is a steward this weekend.

Coincidence? 🧐

Last edited:
Ay yaya... would have loved P2, but P3 is still a fantastic result and another podium!
Lando just didn't have another set of Mediums!

Back
Top Bottom