F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

The rule to only check random cars is also trash by the FIA . So many other teams can be running illegal cars. Why not check everyone?

For this instance, I heard that they selected one car from each of the teams that finished in the top 4 - Lando, Max, Lewis and Charles but most of the time, I think they just randomly select them.

Random is fine but if one car fails, it would make logical sense to check the other

Random still doesn't make sense to me tho because there is a chance one team or more are running with an illegal car. Set ups between teammates might also determine which ride height they are running so one car can be legal while the other isn't. They need to check every car otherwise they can't determine if everyone is racing on the same playing field especially if it's a DSQ worthy penalty.

For **** sake. Merc needs to get their **** together. How do you let something like that happen? Strategy is trash, pit stops are trash, and now they can’t follow regulations.

Good for Logan though.

The rule to only check random cars is also trash by the FIA . So many other teams can be running illegal cars. Why not check everyone?

It doesn’t make sense to me either but the reason I think I heard someone on the broadcast give was that the FIA has deemed it “impractical” to check every car post-race.

I can’t think of any other governing body in sports that behaves this arbitrarily. Actually FIFA exists but still, FIA makes FIFA look perfect.

Anybody have any idea how long it takes to check a car? For how quickly they have to get everything packed up and on to the next destination in such a short turnaround, maybe the logistics of checking every car isn’t available (not to say they can’t increase the manpower and equipment to do it).

490A6D9A-BA7D-4AFC-B93A-BC89BA1F43E5.gif

WTF was that Quali sesh. 😅
Lando... dunno what happened there...😓 looked like he might have had an issue. Time to get that new engine in.
Decent effort by Oscar for his first time there.
Danny Ric out-qualifying Checo and Oscar. 😬
And Ferrari?!?!?
Don't forget the potential pens!

Back
Top Bottom