F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

At least Lando didn’t grab his ankles for Max today 😂.

George really impressive with that start, all he needed was team orders to make it to the podium 🤣.

Would the Madrid street track produce a better race than Barcelona? After the start the race was rather boring today but at least Max is only winning by 2 seconds now.

Lewis doing Lewis things. Give that man a car and he will put pressure on Max ( II ) :pimp:

Lando blew it again. :smh: They had the fastest car of the weekend. Where was Oscar this weekend?

George with a crazy start. :wow: I for sure thought he was going to take both Max and Lando out at turn 1 :lol: I am still not sure why they put him on the hard tires for the last stint tho.

Ferrari boys getting spicy! Chuck was on edge all weekend for some reason. He got lucky he didn't get penalized for that Lando incident in practice. I still don't understand how he and Stroll got away with purposefully hitting other cars.

The irony of Sainz saying Chuck complains all of the time but he was complaining when Lewis overtook him on track. Bro cooked his tires and didn't follow the game plan.

Without Max, i don't think RB would be leading in the constructors championship right now. That car is not as balanced as last years.

Put Kimi Antonellie in that Williams, Sargent is cooked.

Lewis doing Lewis things. Give that man a car and he will put pressure on Max ( II ) :pimp:

Lando blew it again. :smh: They had the fastest car of the weekend. Where was Oscar this weekend?

George with a crazy start. :wow: I for sure thought he was going to take both Max and Lando out at turn 1 :lol: I am still not sure why they put him on the hard tires for the last stint tho.

Ferrari boys getting spicy! Chuck was on edge all weekend for some reason. He got lucky he didn't get penalized for that Lando incident in practice. I still don't understand how he and Stroll got away with purposefully hitting other cars.

The irony of Sainz saying Chuck complains all of the time but he was complaining when Lewis overtook him on track. Bro cooked his tires and didn't follow the game plan.

Without Max, i don't think RB would be leading in the constructors championship right now. That car is not as balanced as last years.

Put Kimi Antonellie in that Williams, Sargent is cooked.
Logan gonna be racing 2025 for Indy :nerd:

But allegedly he still got the damaged floor from when Albon broke it at Melbourne.

I heard the same thing. Logan is driving with the damaged chassis that Albon wrecked and he's not getting all of the upgrades as well. His performances are prob not a reflection of his true performance but I guess that's the nature of the business sometimes.

I rewatched his start and I don't think it was as bad as I had initially thought (or how hard he was on himself). I think he had some wheelspin in 2nd or 3rd gear, which allowed Max to gain on him, but ultimately, it was George's massive start that caught the both of them. Max was able to pass George early in the stint when the tyres were still good, but after the first few laps of following a car close behind, they just overheat and make it much harder to overtake into T1. Max had that chance, while Lando was stuck there for the whole 1st stint. I think had Lando only lost out to Max at the start and George not having his rocket start, I think Lando would have had a much better shot at the win.

Oscar was just never able to find the right setup for his car. Didn't look right all weekend... just one of those things that can happen. 😕🤷‍♂️

Good for Logan if this is true.

I rewatched his start and I don't think it was as bad as I had initially thought (or how hard he was on himself). I think he had some wheelspin in 2nd or 3rd gear, which allowed Max to gain on him, but ultimately, it was George's massive start that caught the both of them. Max was able to pass George early in the stint when the tyres were still good, but after the first few laps of following a car close behind, they just overheat and make it much harder to overtake into T1. Max had that chance, while Lando was stuck there for the whole 1st stint. I think had Lando only lost out to Max at the start and George not having his rocket start, I think Lando would have had a much better shot at the win.

Oscar was just never able to find the right setup for his car. Didn't look right all weekend... just one of those things that can happen. 😕🤷‍♂️

Good for Logan if this is true.

True. Lando would have won if it wasn't for George even if he was P2 at the start. I think the Mclaren has the speed to keep up with Max (in Lando's hands) and has the best tire deg on the grid.

I am sure Oscar will get it together soon. I forget he is the youngest driver on the grid sometimes but it would be great if he can help Lando battle Max because Checo has been in Guadalajara lately. Son has not been a factor at all the past few races.

I still don't understand how he and Stroll got away with purposefully hitting other cars.

How Stroll and Leclerc got away with that is beyond me.

Hitting another driver on purpose should be an automatic race ban. It’s that serious. The car can never be used to strike another driver under any circumstance whatsoever.

And RB would be leading the constructor’s if they weren’t insistent on giving Max a doormat for a teammate. Sainz, Alonso, and Even Tsunoda would have Red Bull in a much better position in the Constructors championship.

Logan gonna be racing 2025 for Indy :nerd:

But allegedly he still got the damaged floor from when Albon broke it at Melbourne.

If there’s one consistent thing about Logan it’s the number of excuses he provides 🤣

I don’t think he will fare any better than Grosjean in Indy. Indy is a really tough series. Logan already has shown he can’t deal with moving targets and changing variables in F1, so I don’t know what would be different for him in Indy . Add on the difficulty of no power steering and we’re in for more amateur hour.

I heard the same thing. Logan is driving with the damaged chassis that Albon wrecked and he's not getting all of the upgrades as well. His performances are prob not a reflection of his true performance but I guess that's the nature of the business sometimes.

What do you believe his true performance potential to be? Has there been a single race he as driven where anyone was like “See! That’s the drive we knew he could put together this weekend!”

I think nearly every GP he has driven the general consensus afterwards has been : Some excuse as to why he underachieved + “we must see Logan do better to maintain his seat”.

He’s a chronic underachiever who consistently lets everyone down at every opportunity.
I am sure Oscar will get it together soon. I forget he is the youngest driver on the grid sometimes but it would be great if he can help Lando battle Max because Checo has been in Guadalajara lately. Son has not been a factor at all the past few races.

I keep saying this but if and when Oscar does get his tire management sorted, it’s not going to be about helping Lando battle Max, its gonna be OMG Oscar is consistently beating Lando- who is the number 1 at McLaren now?

How Stroll and Leclerc got away with that is beyond me.

Hitting another driver on purpose should be an automatic race ban. It’s that serious. The car can never be used to strike another driver under any circumstance whatsoever.

And RB would be leading the constructor’s if they weren’t insistent on giving Max a doormat for a teammate. Sainz, Alonso, and Even Tsunoda would have Red Bull in a much better position in the Constructors championship.

If there’s one consistent thing about Logan it’s the number of excuses he provides 🤣

I don’t think he will fare any better than Grosjean in Indy. Indy is a really tough series. Logan already has shown he can’t deal with moving targets and changing variables in F1, so I don’t know what would be different for him in Indy . Add on the difficulty of no power steering and we’re in for more amateur hour.

What do you believe his true performance potential to be? Has there been a single race he as driven where anyone was like “See! That’s the drive we knew he could put together this weekend!”

I think nearly every GP he has driven the general consensus afterwards has been : Some excuse as to why he underachieved + “we must see Logan do better to maintain his seat”.

He’s a chronic underachiever who consistently lets everyone down at every opportunity.

I keep saying this but if and when Oscar does get his tire management sorted, it’s not going to be about helping Lando battle Max, its gonna be OMG Oscar is consistently beating Lando- who is the number 1 at McLaren now?
I’m not making excuses. I’m aware he’s mediocre but at the same time there is a bunch of shenanigans on his side of the garage. The damaged floor is just a rumor but considering he did get his car taken from him, I wouldn’t put it past that being the case.

From a potential standpoint he’s in the tier with Zhou, current Danny Ric, Stroll etc. if the car is serviceable, he can push for the 10-14 range as we saw closer to the end of last year

I’m not making excuses. I’m aware he’s mediocre but at the same time there is a bunch of shenanigans on his side of the garage. The damaged floor is just a rumor but considering he did get his car taken from him, I wouldn’t put it past that being the case.

From a potential standpoint he’s in the tier with Zhou, current Danny Ric, Stroll etc. if the car is serviceable, he can push for the 10-14 range as we saw closer to the end of last year

I know you’re reasonable about it I just meant most of his supporters, himself and for a while the team had every excuse in the book for his non-performance.

Just saying that these are his results, with his only point ever coming due to a penalty to another driver:

IMG_0480.jpeg

IMG_0481.jpeg

While Zhou, in objectively as bad or worse of a car in the last 2 seasons has fared much much better, especially in ‘23 scoring 6 points on merit:

IMG_0482.jpeg

IMG_0483.jpeg

Zhou scored 6 pts in his rookie campaign in ‘22 as well.

Put some respek on Zhou’s name 🤣

Would Zhou and Logan both be better if they had better cars?

I would think so. Look at Bottas for example. He has no points this season and only outscored Zhou 10-6 last season. I feel like Logan is a bit harder to gauge because we don't know if he is even on a level playing field with Albon.

Aston Martin has not received enough slander. They are in shambles! A Haas and both Alpines were ahead of Nando this weekend. I don't like the guy but a driver of his caliber should be in a better car.

Would Zhou and Logan both be better if they had better cars?

For Zhou I’m leaning towards yes based on his rookie and second season performances, but hard to tell if he’s regressed this year or if the car has completely destroyed his form.

Logan? Definitely not. I highly doubt he will perform well in Indycar next season as well as that’s not an easier series by any means. I think Palou might push Albon in that same Williams more than Logan has been able to.

“Aston Martin have announced that Lance Stroll will continue to race for the team “into the new era of F1 regulations” in 2026, ending speculation over his Formula 1 future.”
So I guess AM doesn’t plan to go very far in the Constructors Championship.

Back
Top Bottom