F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

OMG, that was wild.

No complaints about the SC... you win some and you lose some. Got lucky at Miami... it happens.
Great result considering the Ferrari dub-DNF.

All that pre-race talk about Ferrari and it ended up being Max again. 😕

Nah I was pulling for Lewis. Man is living in hell right now :lol:

It’s worse than I thought :

IMG_5605.jpeg

Moment of the race: That sweet double overtake by Albon.
1718020295901.gif

Move of the race... and perhaps, of the season.

Where has the time gone?

It was so exciting... I was visiting the UK at the time and watched this race live at a pub in London. Maybe it was just the pub, but no one was really paying attention or cared... no one even reacted when they played the national anthem at the podium. Times have really changed.

Anyone have any thoughts on the £25k fine Red Bull received for instructing Checo to drive back for he pits with a significantly damaged car (his entire rear wing was hanging off the back of the car) ?

Will Buxton’s take in a since deleted tweet:

IMG_5648.jpeg

I agree with Buxton on this. 25k fine so unserious to the point of the sport potentially falling into disrepute. Although those in charge would only react appropriately if someone was killed at a race.

And to take it a step further, F1 stewards have surpassed Angel Hernandez /MLB levels of 💩 tier officiating. Neither fans nor competitors can go into a Grand Prix weekend expecting the rules to be enforced as they are written and/or for the proper penalties to be applied when infractions occur.

Max should be stripped of the win and Red Bull should suffer a 1 race ban and they should collect 0 points for the race following the ban.

Manipulating saftey car deployment has to be taken seriously.

And this isn’t the first time Red Bull has manipulated the safety car. Think back to 2021 when Tsunoda had that mysterious seat belt issue and Red Bull used that to manipulate the race.

Last edited:

Bruno Famin said “what is this French pride you speak of?” 💀💀

If this isn’t the very edge of folding the operation. . . And to make matters worse Horner basically already told them no 🤣

I wonder if Merc has reached capacity.

I don't mind him. He can get a bit over-excited at times, but I enjoy the substance of his commentary more than Crofty's.
Like at Monaco... Jacques' emotional commentary about Charles at the end of the race really added to the moment.
I also like what Palmer adds as a racer and from the technical side of things.

Back
Top Bottom