F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Massa a downgrade from Pastor!?  He's been way too erratic.

No, I don't agree.  I think Massa still has something to offer.  His last few races have been pretty good, if I remember correctly.  
Plus, if they're gonna hang onto Bottas, they're gonna need someone experienced to balance it out.  It was either him or Heikki.

Same. Massa still can perform, if given the right opportunity.

Getting hard to like Pastor . It's not like Sir Frank and co. aren't working hard... :smh: :stoneface:

So Lotus tried pulling Schumi out of retirement for the last two races? :nerd: Like he'd race for free... :tongue:

Last edited:
Sooo... Kevin Magnussen it is then. 

EDIT ~

And Heikki's back! 

Last edited:
Massa a downgrade from Pastor!?  He's been way too erratic.

No, I don't agree.  I think Massa still has something to offer.  His last few races have been pretty good, if I remember correctly.  
Plus, if they're gonna hang onto Bottas, they're gonna need someone experienced to balance it out.  It was either him or Heikki.
don't be stupid, I was talking about Williams, not Massa

Williams has fell off so hard it's not even funny. It's a downgrade for Massa to go to a team struggling that bad.

I would rather see him in a Lotus, Force India or Sauber

No, it doesn't work that way... it certainly wasn't the case for Felipe (hence why I assumed you meant it for Massa, not Williams).  The issue with F1 (and it's always been like that) is that there are too many drivers and too few seats.  I don't think Lotus, FI or Sauber were even considering him. 

Lotus are still struggling with their money-situation with Quantum, while Sauber might want the Mexican or Colombian money from Checo or Pastor. 

Williams was happy with Bottas and probably wanted someone really experienced to balance that out.  Yes, they've had a horrendous year, but I don't doubt they can turn it around in 2014, especially with the rule changes.  They're even ending this season a lot better having removed the Coanda exhausts from their cars, surprisingly, making it handle a lot better.  

Another thing to consider for Felipe is that being in a new team where he will not be the de facto #2 will be refreshing for him. He wouldn't have gotten that at, say, Lotus.  It was the same for Rubens when he left Ferrari to Brawn.  Being treated as an "equal" driver will do a lot of good to his mentality. 

Last edited:
laugh.gif

All in all, a pretty good race.  More nerve-wracking for McLaren fans of course, but it was a strong finish to a horrible season.

laugh.gif

Too good.

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Brazil+Y4Mzj6CdqTrx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Brazil+5cdlXP5UR-Qx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Brazil+wInfnv61lrpx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Brazil+P53GmsLafzDx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Brazil+CaRiLnRHvsGx.jpg

F1+Grand+Prix+of+Brazil+7-kiWu3aWUcx.jpg

Last edited:
Team DNF it is. :lol: :\ Can't blame Lotus for choosing Pa$tor given their current financial woes... but this will be bad for the sport if this keeps up. :smh: :stoneface:

Hope Hulk gets a good seat for next season. Maybe Force India with Suitl? :nerd: But that leaves Paul without a seat.

Even Chilton might have a seat already for next season. :x :stoneface: >:

Last edited:
Almost forgot that Race of Champions is happening in two weeks in nearby Bangkok. Good roster of drivers this year. The cars? Meh. :lol:
DRIVERS
MICHAEL SCHUMACHER
TOM KRISTENSEN
SÉBASTIEN OGIER
JAMIE WHINCUP
NARAIN KARTHIKEYAN
KARUN CHANDHOK
FELIX BAUMGARTNER
SUSIE WOLFF
DAVID COULTHARD
MATTIAS EKSTRÖM
FABIO LEIMER
MICK DOOHAN

Last year's event

Last edited:
FELIX BAUMGARTNER... 
nerd.gif

This will be interesting. 

I think Grosjean will be ok.  Most-improved driver of 2013! 

EDIT ~ Talk about random. Schumi's rockin' some Air Zoom Beyonds... Agassi's. 

BaRNgc1IYAAXBVM.jpg:large

Last edited:

And to think I almost bought tickets the other day to attend the event... Reasonably priced -great seats (on the 2nd row), too. :\

Last edited:
2014 CALENDAR

March 16      Australia
March 30      Malaysia
April 6       Bahrain
April 20      China
May 11        Spain
May 25        Monaco
June 8        Canada
June 22       Austria
July 6        Great Britain
July 20       Germany (Hockenheim)