F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Hooooooo boy.

giphy.gif

I'd be surprised if Lando and Checo don't get penalized. Another delayed podium for Carlos :lol:

Surprised Checo just barely avoided a penalty. Worked out well for McLaren

Lando up to P4, Alonso P5, Sainz P6, Russell P7, Lewis down to P8, Stroll up to P9 and Gasly down to P10

I don't like him by any means but he hasn't really done anything that bad lately, besides wipe the floor with the field, and that's not his fault :lol:
Yesterday he dive bombed 3 to the point Checo had to go off to avoid a wreck. Today he pit for softs on the last lap just take take a point away from his teammate that's in a battle for 2nd. He's just an *******. I really wish someone would bully him the way he does others just to see him melt down. He pushes it and he knows everyone else will give in to avoid the wreck.

Yesterday he dive bombed 3 to the point Checo had to go off to avoid a wreck. Today he pit for softs on the last lap just take take a point away from his teammate that's in a battle for 2nd. He's just an *******. I really wish someone would bully him the way he does others just to see him melt down. He pushes it and he knows everyone else will give in to avoid the wreck.

It wasn't really a dive bomb since he was pretty close on the straight, and then alongside and even ahead of Checo in the braking zone (after Checo had run him onto the grass on the straight, not to mention it was wet - so we can't assume either driver did it purposefully).

Boxing for the fastest lap isn't a surprise though, even though Checo is his teammate, he's still technically his closest championship rival - and he shouldn't even be in a fight for 2nd in the first place, he's in comfortably the quickest car on the grid, and should be locking down P2 every race at minimum. If Checo qualified where he's supposed to and kept a relatively decent pace, Max probably doesn't have the luxury of pitting for softs.

We've already seen Charles and Lewis challenge him on track like that, especially back in 2019 and 2021, and while it was entertaining, the bigger issue is the inconsistent stewarding - it's a team of Angel Hernandezes in there :lol: As long as they're allowing it to happen, he won't really find any issue with his own behavior on track.

It wasn't really a dive bomb since he was pretty close on the straight, and then alongside and even ahead of Checo in the braking zone (after Checo had run him onto the grass on the straight, not to mention it was wet - so we can't assume either driver did it purposefully).

Boxing for the fastest lap isn't a surprise though, even though Checo is his teammate, he's still technically his closest championship rival - and he shouldn't even be in a fight for 2nd in the first place, he's in comfortably the quickest car on the grid, and should be locking down P2 every race at minimum. If Checo qualified where he's supposed to and kept a relatively decent pace, Max probably doesn't have the luxury of pitting for softs.

We've already seen Charles and Lewis challenge him on track like that, especially back in 2019 and 2021, and while it was entertaining, the bigger issue is the inconsistent stewarding - it's a team of Angel Hernandezes in there :lol: As long as they're allowing it to happen, he won't really find any issue with his own behavior on track.
lol at not a dive bomb. He was 2 cars back when Checo hit the brakes for the corner. Max bombed the corner so bad the car slid and jerked left. He had to almost come to a stop to make the corner. I stopped reading there bc it's obvious you're a Max homer. Still laughing at that not being a dive bomb.

Checo got on the brakes around the blue marker, Max just bombed the inside and slid into the corner. You can see his car snap left.

lol at not a dive bomb. He was 2 cars back when Checo hit the brakes for the corner. Max bombed the corner so bad the car slid and jerked left. He had to almost come to a stop to make the corner. I stopped reading there bc it's obvious you're a Max homer. Still laughing at that not being a dive bomb.

Checo got on the brakes around the blue marker, Max just bombed the inside and slid into the corner. You can see his car snap left.

Max homer :rofl: I needed that laugh. Far from it as plenty in here can attest. You must not have been watching when Danny Ric would send it from miles back, and that's fine. Max just out brakes Checo. They're side by side under braking and even turn in at the same time. Max slides conveniently to block an old switcheroo from Checo and probably as pay back for what he perceived after T1. I'm not even arguing it was the cleanest overtake, specifically because of the slide, but to say he bombed the corner so bad is pretty funny. He then put a 21 second gap over Checo over the 24 lap sprint race, which leaves this all as a moot point.

Here's a real dive bomb, at that same corner. Look how far back Charles is and how Perez is already turning into the corner:

People just cannot appreciate what Max is doing. He is absolutely dominating. On any track in any condition.

On top of that to demand a pit on the last lap to steal a point haha. I love it. If you cant respect that fire then i dont know what to tell you. I am a Lewis fan big time. But RBR has built an excellent car and Max is taking it to the limit and then some. I am just happy to witness it.

Max homer :rofl: I needed that laugh. Far from it as plenty in here can attest. You must not have been watching when Danny Ric would send it from miles back, and that's fine. Max just out brakes Checo. They're side by side under braking and even turn in at the same time. Max slides conveniently to block an old switcheroo from Checo and probably as pay back for what he perceived after T1. I'm not even arguing it was the cleanest overtake, specifically because of the slide, but to say he bombed the corner so bad is pretty funny. He then put a 21 second gap over Checo over the 24 lap sprint race, which leaves this all as a moot point.

Here's a real dive bomb, at that same corner. Look how far back Charles is and how Perez is already turning into the corner:

lol man he literally slid into the corner to the point his car jerked left. Checo either had to go off or come to a stop to avoid a wreck. Idk what world that's not considered a reckless dive bomb. He could have taken both cars out. And the fact he's so much better and could have picked a much easier spot just shows the reckless of it. He squeezed Checo to start the race, Checo squeezed him on the next straightaway, Max voiced his displeasure, then bombed the next turn and Checo went off to avoid taking both cars out. Saying anything else happened is comical.

I guess from the marketing and performance side of things, their hands were tied. They can't completely chrome it up cuz of the weight... and they probably didn't want to stray too far from their current livery. It would have been unreasonable to expect a like-for-like copy of the OG Vodafone one. There's a reason why there's already so much bare carbon on the car. But I do feel that it needs way more chrome for it to work.

I think/hope it'll look better on-track and in the daylight.
But I'd rather the upgrades work. 🤷‍♂️

Lando was so annoying yesterday.

I fully understand and appreciate him calling for track limits while trailing Lewis yesterday.

It’s a competition, the goal is to win.

But on the post race show he kept going on about it. And it was like ok we get it, the world heard you on the radio, he got penalized for it twice, you can stop whining and shut up now.

I liked Lando before yesterday and was passively rooting for him but he has some really childish tendencies and personality quirks that are off putting.

I was really looking forward to a closer battle for the championship at the beginning of the season where he and Max were trading victories. Then it all went downhill. :smh:

I think there’s a solid chance that both Mercedes and Ferrari catch up enough to make next season more interesting/entertaining for us.

Vasseur needs to tighten up his ship a bit. Whether that means replacing Sainz or shaking up their strategy department I’m not sure but Fred gives me the impression that he knows exactly what needs to be done. He just needs more time to exert his influence.

Red Bull will likely still be ahead at the start of next season but Max won’t be racking up easy wins like this.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing a technical kneecap that puts Christian back into insane crybaby mode.

Who is everyone’s team they root for in here? Besides dude with the McLaren avy of course. I want to see Haas flourish because I like Gunther and Magnussen so much and they’re the only American team, but they make it hard to when they finish so low every week.

Back
Top Bottom