F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

Let’s be honest, there are several legitimate reasons that people don’t and can’t appreciate the dominance on display right now 😂
Because while it does look impressive, it also gets old after a while and makes you want to see someone else beat him.

I think there’s a solid chance that both Mercedes and Ferrari catch up enough to make next season more interesting/entertaining for us.

Vasseur needs to tighten up his ship a bit. Whether that means replacing Sainz or shaking up their strategy department I’m not sure but Fred gives me the impression that he knows exactly what needs to be done. He just needs more time to exert his influence.

Red Bull will likely still be ahead at the start of next season but Max won’t be racking up easy wins like this.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing a technical kneecap that puts Christian back into insane crybaby mode.

They finally moved Rueda out of strategy before the season began which imo was long overdue and they've at least improved a bit in race strat - but they still leave a bit to be desired in qualifying - the communication between the engineers and the drivers is really lacking. Sainz has been keeping pretty good pace - he doesn't send it over the limit like Charles does (which is where the errors/crashes happen) but he's nowhere near Perez at RB level. I still think the fundamental issues with the team stem from higher up, but Fred's the best man for the job, and if they can develop right and be in the fight in the next couple of years it won't be anywhere near as disastrous as last season played out because they've got a much more capable leader.

I would also love to see RB kneecapped, but realistically there's no single area that could be targeted. We're all really leaning on those wind tunnel penalties to hurt RB :emoji_fingers_crossed::emoji_fingers_crossed::emoji_fingers_crossed::emoji_fingers_crossed:

Who is everyone’s team they root for in here? Besides dude with the McLaren avy of course. I want to see Haas flourish because I like Gunther and Magnussen so much and they’re the only American team, but they make it hard to when they finish so low every week.

I've always been more about rooting for drivers than teams, but if I'm rooting for teams it's going to be multiple, spread across the different levels of F1, from the front to the midfield to the back.

I got into the sport following Seb and Lewis over a decade ago and they've always been my two favorites. After Lewis left McLaren I didn't really follow them too much because it just wasn't a great culture, and the car kept getting worse. I'm also a Carlos fan (painful sometimes) but when he joined McLaren with Lando, it felt fresh and easier to root for them, and now they've got Oscar, a super talented rookie with so much potential and he's easy to root for (could easily be Leclerc level imo) they just really need to develop the car.

I'm definitely supportive of Alex, he seems like one of the genuinely nicest on the grid, and he's been impressive at Williams. He's shown he's at least capable of fighting with George and Lando in the past, I feel like 2019/2020 was such a tough time, being a rookie thrown into the big team so quickly. IMO If he had gotten those first couple years at AT I think he would've been able to step into the RB in 2021 instead of Perez and do a better job.

Can't forget Yuki, coming into the sport fairly inexperienced at such a young age, far from home, he's got the raw speed and with a good car he'd be exciting to watch. Thoroughly enjoying watching him thrash at least one Dutch driver right now :nthat:

KMag and Nico are likable too because it feels like they've chilled out quite a bit since their return, but yeah as an American it's hard to get excited about Haas. Still low key hoping for that dual first podium for Nico/Haas though :lol:

Who is everyone’s team they root for in here? Besides dude with the McLaren avy of course. I want to see Haas flourish because I like Gunther and Magnussen so much and they’re the only American team, but they make it hard to when they finish so low every week.

Lewis, Yuki, Zhou and Bottas are the only drivers I root for.

George Russell makes me want to stab myself and he’s really hard to like but I absolutely love that he was able to get into Max’s head and didn’t back down at all in Baku . Max completely losing it and calling George names was priceless and I desperately want to see more of that.

I don’t like Verstappen’s personality. I don’t like his sense of entitlement. And I don’t like how he reacts when drivers give him a taste of his own medicine. He needs to grow up.

But I do appreciate his talent and it’s way too much fun rooting against him in the same way that I had a lot of fun rooting against Tom Brady all those years (that’s not to say that Max is the greatest like Brady is — very important distinction to be made lolll).

I’m not necessarily big on teams. It would be weird wearing a Mercedes or Ferrari hat while driving the cars I drive. However if Porsche manages to get their **** together and join as a works outfit I’d root for them.

Last edited:
Seems like China might actually go ahead next year, would be nice for Zhou to finally have his home race, 2019 was a bore fest but it'll be interesting just to see how these cars perform there.

24 races is a lot, still really wish we didn't have Jeddah and Qatar, but at least they've made an effort to spread it out a bit and group some races geographically.

Not looking forward to having 2 separate month long gaps pretty close to each other between August and October though, but if it's better for the teams/mechanics then I'm for it.

Is Magnussen at risk of getting dropped at the end of the year? He’s been horrible this season compared to Nico.

And RIP Dilano.

Wish I hadn’t gone looking for a clip of what happened.
I think Nico’s one lap pace is incredible. The races he just falls down the order, through no fault of it own ofc. He’s just more hungrier than Kevin having being away from the sport.

Let me not get too high on this McLaren hopium lol

Also, Williams double points tomorrow. Calling it

Let me not get too high on this McLaren hopium lol
Of course, not. Their race pace was, and continues to be, a big question mark.
I'm gonna enjoy this little moment, but it could be like Barcelona all over again where they just fall away. 🙈

Back
Top Bottom