Facebook and its users changing their default pics to a cartoon to raise awareness

Originally Posted by PLVN

This #!@% is stupid to me.

It will do absolutely nothing to stop violence against children.

If you really want to help, donate some money to an organization dedicated to this problem...changing your picture to some stupid cartoon on a +%!%#*! social networking site will do little to nothing.

it's for spreading awareness about violence against children.

it was actually started when my friend's daughter was thrown off of a high walkway at a mall by her grand mother...

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loc...at-tysons-corner-center-113010?obref=obinsite

i dont see how this raises awareness but, whatever alot of things facebook does dont make sense to me

i dont see how this raises awareness but, whatever alot of things facebook does dont make sense to me

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Originally Posted by Jballer20

Originally Posted by MC OTAKU

I got the Tommy Pickles stoneface wearing funny hat. Always a classic.
:O
roll.gif

i had that yesterday
i have this today
edbighead.jpg
laugh.gif
roll.gif

What episode of Spongebob is this?

thats from rockos modern life

Originally Posted by Dakingii

roll.gif

i had that yesterday
i have this today
edbighead.jpg
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Thanks bro will watch.
pimp.gif

mjbetch wrote:

You need to aware me on who is that in your avy.

Originally Posted by Dakingii

roll.gif

i had that yesterday
i have this today
edbighead.jpg
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Thanks bro will watch.
pimp.gif

mjbetch wrote:

Some of y'all hearts is black as coal, and as al3x89 has said "by people complaining, it worked. by people participating, it worked."

Some of y'all hearts is black as coal, and as al3x89 has said "by people complaining, it worked. by people participating, it worked."

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

so dumb, you aren't raising anything because you change your picture

you weren't so much aware of it before it right?

well you are now by even responding.

yeah, it's like that.

you have been awared! hahahah

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

so dumb, you aren't raising anything because you change your picture

you weren't so much aware of it before it right?

well you are now by even responding.

yeah, it's like that.

you have been awared! hahahah

Originally Posted by mjbetch

mjbetch wrote:

if you weren't here when i first posted it, sorry.
you get a
indifferent.gif

Edit: look at what i found

Random acts of kindness appreciation
mjbetch wrote:
any of you guys feel me on this? the least likely of people are there to help you with something..

when the person behind you in line gives you their spare change when you're short on something.
pimp.gif

when you're hungry and don't have any food and someone out of no where gives you a cookie or a double cheesburger or something.
laugh.gif

or when you need help on a stupid english paper about illegal immigration and some random nter is helping you and actually giving you GOOD CREDIBLEinformation...
pimp.gif
thank you shay.

post your stories!
horder

mjbetch wrote:

you get a
indifferent.gif

Edit: look at what i found

Random acts of kindness appreciation
mjbetch wrote:
any of you guys feel me on this? the least likely of people are there to help you with something..

when the person behind you in line gives you their spare change when you're short on something.
pimp.gif

when you're hungry and don't have any food and someone out of no where gives you a cookie or a double cheesburger or something.
laugh.gif

or when you need help on a stupid english paper about illegal immigration and some random nter is helping you and actually giving you GOOD CREDIBLEinformation...
pimp.gif
thank you shay.

post your stories!
horder

Originally Posted by Screech

Smh. That's the biggest problem is that you guys think your actually making progress towards anything. People participating and complaining knew about child abuse prior to this whole thing. So what worked? You made some one aware of something he was already aware of? Dudes need to stop making games out of serious subjects then getting upset that people point out their shenanigans. I'm sure the person who came up with it had the best intentions, but just like dudes in here are saying it's just a game to most. Whether it's for child abuse or not dudes would've done it just to talk about cartoons and for fun, so why add a serious cause that these dudes don't really care about to the equation?

Originally Posted by Screech

Smh. That's the biggest problem is that you guys think your actually making progress towards anything. People participating and complaining knew about child abuse prior to this whole thing. So what worked? You made some one aware of something he was already aware of? Dudes need to stop making games out of serious subjects then getting upset that people point out their shenanigans. I'm sure the person who came up with it had the best intentions, but just like dudes in here are saying it's just a game to most. Whether it's for child abuse or not dudes would've done it just to talk about cartoons and for fun, so why add a serious cause that these dudes don't really care about to the equation?

mjbetch wrote:

you get a
indifferent.gif

omg. that makes me so sad
indifferent.gif

back on topic:

forreal tho, even tho you don't think that it raises awareness about violence against children, the mere fact that you know why it's going on still raises awareness.
it may be very little to you, but it's still awareness.

edit: did you really go through my posts to look me up? hahaha <3
but nah, the reason i didn't want to tell you is out of respect for my ex girlfriend. well now ya know!

mjbetch wrote:

you get a
indifferent.gif

omg. that makes me so sad
indifferent.gif

back on topic:

forreal tho, even tho you don't think that it raises awareness about violence against children, the mere fact that you know why it's going on still raises awareness.
it may be very little to you, but it's still awareness.

edit: did you really go through my posts to look me up? hahaha <3
but nah, the reason i didn't want to tell you is out of respect for my ex girlfriend. well now ya know!

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

It seems like everyone's changing their default pics to a picture of a cartoon.  The following is what's people copy-and-pasted to the captions of those pics:

[h6]"Change your facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday, there should be no human faces on facebook, but a stash of memories. This is for eliminating violence against children" [/h6]

I'd say about 60-70% of my friends have changed their pics.  The other 30-40%?  They've posted on their statuses that it's an idiotic campaign that will do nothing.

What's your take on this?
This was first done like two weeks ago but without the intent to raise awareness for child abuse; it was only meant to reminisce the past.  It was only meant to be done for one weekend in the hopes every profile pic would be a cartoon.

I changed my pic (back then) and a small number of my friends did the same.  Basically no one did it.

Now this happens again and EVERYONE's doing it.

Originally Posted by Mo Greene

It seems like everyone's changing their default pics to a picture of a cartoon.  The following is what's people copy-and-pasted to the captions of those pics:

[h6]"Change your facebook profile picture to a cartoon from your childhood and invite your friends to do the same. Until Monday, there should be no human faces on facebook, but a stash of memories. This is for eliminating violence against children" [/h6]

I'd say about 60-70% of my friends have changed their pics.  The other 30-40%?  They've posted on their statuses that it's an idiotic campaign that will do nothing.

What's your take on this?
This was first done like two weeks ago but without the intent to raise awareness for child abuse; it was only meant to reminisce the past.  It was only meant to be done for one weekend in the hopes every profile pic would be a cartoon.

I changed my pic (back then) and a small number of my friends did the same.  Basically no one did it.

Now this happens again and EVERYONE's doing it.

Back
Top Bottom