Facebook and its users changing their default pics to a cartoon to raise awareness

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by Screech

Some of y'all hearts is black as coal, and as al3x89 has said "by people complaining, it worked. by people participating, it worked."
Smh. That's the biggest problem is that you guys think your actually making progress towards anything. People participating and complaining knew about child abuse prior to this whole thing. So what worked? You made some one aware of something he was already aware of? Dudes need to stop making games out of serious subjects then getting upset that people point out their shenanigans. I'm sure the person who came up with it had the best intentions, but just like dudes in here are saying it's just a game to most. Whether it's for child abuse or not dudes would've done it just to talk about cartoons and for fun, so why add a serious cause that these dudes don't really care about to the equation?
Honestly i agree and see where your coming from, they're is nothing i can say about the intentions of others but my intentions were for the good.

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by Screech

Some of y'all hearts is black as coal, and as al3x89 has said "by people complaining, it worked. by people participating, it worked."
Smh. That's the biggest problem is that you guys think your actually making progress towards anything. People participating and complaining knew about child abuse prior to this whole thing. So what worked? You made some one aware of something he was already aware of? Dudes need to stop making games out of serious subjects then getting upset that people point out their shenanigans. I'm sure the person who came up with it had the best intentions, but just like dudes in here are saying it's just a game to most. Whether it's for child abuse or not dudes would've done it just to talk about cartoons and for fun, so why add a serious cause that these dudes don't really care about to the equation?
Honestly i agree and see where your coming from, they're is nothing i can say about the intentions of others but my intentions were for the good.

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

change to this
Someone has already made this joke.

It was me, and its not a joke. you mad?
No you weren't. You jelly?
Originally Posted by Noskey

205tlhf.jpg

Spoiler [+]
333jxw4.jpg
Guess what.... I wasnt the first to use this idea
eek.gif

Who cares who trolls Facebook? The important thing is that we're trolling at all
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

change to this
Someone has already made this joke.

It was me, and its not a joke. you mad?
No you weren't. You jelly?
Originally Posted by Noskey

205tlhf.jpg

Spoiler [+]
333jxw4.jpg
Guess what.... I wasnt the first to use this idea
eek.gif

Who cares who trolls Facebook? The important thing is that we're trolling at all
pimp.gif

I don't understand why people are so against posting cartoon pictures.

Ok, it probably isn't doing much to raise child abuse awareness.

But the down side is .... there isn't one.  It's just different profile pictures on Facebook.  If ONE person becomes more aware of child abuse from a bunch of us having fun posting cartoons, that's one mind opened that cost us nothing.

Some people just aren't happy until they can find something to complain about.  Have the haters stopped to think that their complaining isn't helping child abuse awareness either?

But the down side is .... there isn't one.  It's just different profile pictures on Facebook.  If ONE person becomes more aware of child abuse from a bunch of us having fun posting cartoons, that's one mind opened that cost us nothing.

Some people just aren't happy until they can find something to complain about.  Have the haters stopped to think that their complaining isn't helping child abuse awareness either?

I just changed mine today... but I think it's a useless campaign and just another internet trend though. It's hard not to join in on the nostalgia though.

I just changed mine today... but I think it's a useless campaign and just another internet trend though. It's hard not to join in on the nostalgia though.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

eh im really indifferent to this whole thing but if it was "post a black ribbon" or something as your profile pic, half the people wouldn't care to do it. they see this as a more fun thing to do. same with the "post your bra colors" a while back

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

eh im really indifferent to this whole thing but if it was "post a black ribbon" or something as your profile pic, half the people wouldn't care to do it. they see this as a more fun thing to do. same with the "post your bra colors" a while back

Originally Posted by mjbetch

omg. that makes me so sad
indifferent.gif

back on topic:

forreal tho, even tho you don't think that it raises awareness about violence against children, the mere fact that you know why it's going on still raises awareness.
it may be very little to you, but it's still awareness.

edit: did you really go through my posts to look me up? hahaha <3
but nah, the reason i didn't want to tell you is out of respect for my ex girlfriend. well now ya know!
I bet it does. You stay asking NT questions, even made a thread about random acts of kindness. Jerk mentality is what you have.
On topic: I'm going to be as critical as I can be.
This whole change you pic for child abuse awareness is stupid.
This crap makes a medocrity of people who actually care about this issue.
Now we got 100s if not 1000s of ppl on FB BSing themselves into thinking their petty actions are making a differnce.
As other NTers said herd mentality and what if those people donated $1.
You got all these people changing their pix for what?
Aware ppl?
eyes.gif

You're gonna have 100s if not 1000s of people to join you in your "movement" to stop child abuse and all you seek to accomplish is aware ppl?
"Oh, you're awared now, mission accomplished."
As George Carlin said "ppl love BSing themselves"
Edit:as another NTer said ppl were doing it before this "awareness"
Now there's a motive behind so now people will change their profile pix so they can feel better about themselves.
sheep

Originally Posted by mjbetch

omg. that makes me so sad
indifferent.gif

back on topic:

forreal tho, even tho you don't think that it raises awareness about violence against children, the mere fact that you know why it's going on still raises awareness.
it may be very little to you, but it's still awareness.

edit: did you really go through my posts to look me up? hahaha <3
but nah, the reason i didn't want to tell you is out of respect for my ex girlfriend. well now ya know!
I bet it does. You stay asking NT questions, even made a thread about random acts of kindness. Jerk mentality is what you have.
On topic: I'm going to be as critical as I can be.
This whole change you pic for child abuse awareness is stupid.
This crap makes a medocrity of people who actually care about this issue.
Now we got 100s if not 1000s of ppl on FB BSing themselves into thinking their petty actions are making a differnce.
As other NTers said herd mentality and what if those people donated $1.
You got all these people changing their pix for what?
Aware ppl?
eyes.gif

You're gonna have 100s if not 1000s of people to join you in your "movement" to stop child abuse and all you seek to accomplish is aware ppl?
"Oh, you're awared now, mission accomplished."
As George Carlin said "ppl love BSing themselves"
Edit:as another NTer said ppl were doing it before this "awareness"
Now there's a motive behind so now people will change their profile pix so they can feel better about themselves.
sheep

If you haven't donated/educated people about child abuse than you have no right to criticize the people doing this. At the end of the day, no matter how stupid and petty it is, they have still done more than you. And at worst, it's just people changing their profile picture. It shouldn't bother anyone this much. I thought the whole inbox ask a question thing was stupid, but at least there's some sort of kindness going into this.

If you haven't donated/educated people about child abuse than you have no right to criticize the people doing this. At the end of the day, no matter how stupid and petty it is, they have still done more than you. And at worst, it's just people changing their profile picture. It shouldn't bother anyone this much. I thought the whole inbox ask a question thing was stupid, but at least there's some sort of kindness going into this.

Originally Posted by Murda He

I can respect that, *%@* is just like them 80s babies threads that are usually fun to dig back.  But i can't mess with these weak minded cats arguments about it's effect.  The @%+# up with that stupid *%@*.  These the same people that disregarded Lebron's charitable efforts during the airing of "The Decision".  If i had one i would join too, just not be delusional.

Originally Posted by Murda He

I can respect that, *%@* is just like them 80s babies threads that are usually fun to dig back.  But i can't mess with these weak minded cats arguments about it's effect.  The @%+# up with that stupid *%@*.  These the same people that disregarded Lebron's charitable efforts during the airing of "The Decision".  If i had one i would join too, just not be delusional.

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Who cares. I just did because I love 80's cartoons. I'm celebrating that instead of protesting anything (although I do believe in what they're protesting).

Same.

The goal is to raise awareness. Y'all fools that think this is stupid or whatever (like dude above)... you guys are now aware of it right? Mission accomplished.

Bingo.

150830_469769765764_552515764_5947295_5355410_n.jpg

This is my "cartoon". I had it up before this thing started but I guess Ill use it for this.

Idk I feel like this is a fun FB "thing". Ill probably pit a real character up later
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LongRange3Ball

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Who cares. I just did because I love 80's cartoons. I'm celebrating that instead of protesting anything (although I do believe in what they're protesting).

Same.

The goal is to raise awareness. Y'all fools that think this is stupid or whatever (like dude above)... you guys are now aware of it right? Mission accomplished.

Bingo.

150830_469769765764_552515764_5947295_5355410_n.jpg

This is my "cartoon". I had it up before this thing started but I guess Ill use it for this.

Idk I feel like this is a fun FB "thing". Ill probably pit a real character up later
pimp.gif

Screw posting a pic on facebook for nostalgia I'd rather watch the actual shows via online or dvd ..... as for the child abuse thing most of the ppl participating could care less they see other ppl doing it and follow them simple as that

Screw posting a pic on facebook for nostalgia I'd rather watch the actual shows via online or dvd ..... as for the child abuse thing most of the ppl participating could care less they see other ppl doing it and follow them simple as that

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

If you haven't donated/educated people about child abuse than you have no right to criticize the people doing this. At the end of the day, no matter how stupid and petty it is, they have still done more than you.
1280964087790.gif

Back
Top Bottom