Facebook and its users changing their default pics to a cartoon to raise awareness

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

If you haven't donated/educated people about child abuse than you have no right to criticize the people doing this. At the end of the day, no matter how stupid and petty it is, they have still done more than you.
1280964087790.gif

Originally Posted by Ginzo

Originally Posted by mjbetch

omg. that makes me so sad

indifferent.gif

back on topic:

forreal tho, even tho you don't think that it raises awareness about violence against children, the mere fact that you know why it's going on still raises awareness.

it may be very little to you, but it's still awareness.

edit: did you really go through my posts to look me up? hahaha <3

but nah, the reason i didn't want to tell you is out of respect for my ex girlfriend. well now ya know!
I bet it does. You stay asking NT questions, even made a thread about random acts of kindness. Jerk mentality is what you have.
On topic: I'm going to be as critical as I can be.
This whole change you pic for child abuse awareness is stupid.
This crap makes a medocrity of people who actually care about this issue.
Now we got 100s if not 1000s of ppl on FB BSing themselves into thinking their petty actions are making a differnce.
As other NTers said herd mentality and what if those people donated $1.
You got all these people changing their pix for what?
Aware ppl?
eyes.gif

You're gonna have 100s if not 1000s of people to join you in your "movement" to stop child abuse and all you seek to accomplish is aware ppl?
"Oh, you're awared now, mission accomplished."
As George Carlin said "ppl love BSing themselves"
Edit:as another NTer said ppl were doing it before this "awareness"
Now there's a motive behind so now people will change their profile pix so they can feel better about themselves.
sheep

jerk mentality? fool, you don't know me. is there anything wrong with asking questions to a message board filled with different kinds of input? i don't see anything wrong with it..

like i said, i'm all for this since the mother of the daughter that died that sparked all this is my personal friend.

omg. that makes me so sad

indifferent.gif

back on topic:

forreal tho, even tho you don't think that it raises awareness about violence against children, the mere fact that you know why it's going on still raises awareness.

it may be very little to you, but it's still awareness.

edit: did you really go through my posts to look me up? hahaha <3

but nah, the reason i didn't want to tell you is out of respect for my ex girlfriend. well now ya know!
I bet it does. You stay asking NT questions, even made a thread about random acts of kindness. Jerk mentality is what you have.
On topic: I'm going to be as critical as I can be.
This whole change you pic for child abuse awareness is stupid.
This crap makes a medocrity of people who actually care about this issue.
Now we got 100s if not 1000s of ppl on FB BSing themselves into thinking their petty actions are making a differnce.
As other NTers said herd mentality and what if those people donated $1.
You got all these people changing their pix for what?
Aware ppl?
eyes.gif

You're gonna have 100s if not 1000s of people to join you in your "movement" to stop child abuse and all you seek to accomplish is aware ppl?
"Oh, you're awared now, mission accomplished."
As George Carlin said "ppl love BSing themselves"
Edit:as another NTer said ppl were doing it before this "awareness"
Now there's a motive behind so now people will change their profile pix so they can feel better about themselves.
sheep

jerk mentality? fool, you don't know me. is there anything wrong with asking questions to a message board filled with different kinds of input? i don't see anything wrong with it..

like i said, i'm all for this since the mother of the daughter that died that sparked all this is my personal friend.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

If you haven't donated/educated people about child abuse than you have no right to criticize the people doing this. At the end of the day, no matter how stupid and petty it is, they have still done more than you.
How can you clap at that?
What is this a game now?
Oh, I donated more than you so what I say holds more weight.
Outta here with that.
Oh, the ol at least I'm doing something argument, eh?
Who's to say that's true or not?
What if the person critcizing said people's actions donate to charities for other causes and such?
Too many variables to pull that "they have done more than you".

You edited your post at the same time I quoted you so I didn't read your edit.
I thought she was a random steez on the internet.
Even if she is your ex, how are you gonna have boobs in your avy but not give ppl the answers they want?
Straight teasing a N.
That's cool and all but the problem that I have with this is that it's making a mediocrity of the issue.
The next trend is gonna be change your profile pic to your fav christmas story to raise "awareness" to people who don't know that people aren't getting presents for christmas.
Straight foolishness if you ask me.

What is this a game now?
Outta here with that.
What if the person critcizing said people's actions donate to charities for other causes and such?

Even if she is your ex, how are you gonna have boobs in your avy but not give ppl the answers they want?
Straight teasing a N.
That's cool and all but the problem that I have with this is that it's making a mediocrity of the issue.
The next trend is gonna be change your profile pic to your fav christmas story to raise "awareness" to people who don't know that people aren't getting presents for christmas.

Originally Posted by taymane23

Screw posting a pic on facebook for nostalgia I'd rather watch the actual shows via online or dvd ..... as for the child abuse thing most of the ppl participating could care less they see other ppl doing it and follow them simple as that
but.........that's exactly the point... they follow along like wittle obediant sheep and somewhere along the lie they realize what they've been following and why. That's the nature of viral marketing -- package the message with the entertainment. If it were for a movie, no one would beef though. Every body's all anti-trendy whenever it's for a good cause though.  I swear, some of ya'll are cynical as hell just for the !@*$ of it. Even if it is just a stupid internet trend going around (it probably is..), you're not any cooler for being above it all or any less cool for succumbing to it.  At the end of the day, it's still just a picture on a damn networking site. Most of this thread is a waste of arguing, either way.

Screw posting a pic on facebook for nostalgia I'd rather watch the actual shows via online or dvd ..... as for the child abuse thing most of the ppl participating could care less they see other ppl doing it and follow them simple as that
but.........that's exactly the point... they follow along like wittle obediant sheep and somewhere along the lie they realize what they've been following and why. That's the nature of viral marketing -- package the message with the entertainment. If it were for a movie, no one would beef though. Every body's all anti-trendy whenever it's for a good cause though.  I swear, some of ya'll are cynical as hell just for the !@*$ of it. Even if it is just a stupid internet trend going around (it probably is..), you're not any cooler for being above it all or any less cool for succumbing to it.  At the end of the day, it's still just a picture on a damn networking site. Most of this thread is a waste of arguing, either way.

Originally Posted by Murda He

but.........that's exactly the point... they follow along like wittle obediant sheep and somewhere along the lie they realize what they've been following and why. That's the nature of viral marketing -- package the message with the entertainment. If it were for a movie, no one would beef though. Every body's all anti-trendy whenever it's for a good cause though.  I swear, some of ya'll are cynical as hell just for the +$%% of it. Even if it is just a stupid internet trend going around (it probably is..), you're not any cooler for being above it all or any less cool for succumbing to it.  At the end of the day, it's still just a picture on a damn networking site. Most of this thread is a waste of arguing, either way.

wise words, my friend.

but.........that's exactly the point... they follow along like wittle obediant sheep and somewhere along the lie they realize what they've been following and why. That's the nature of viral marketing -- package the message with the entertainment. If it were for a movie, no one would beef though. Every body's all anti-trendy whenever it's for a good cause though.  I swear, some of ya'll are cynical as hell just for the +$%% of it. Even if it is just a stupid internet trend going around (it probably is..), you're not any cooler for being above it all or any less cool for succumbing to it.  At the end of the day, it's still just a picture on a damn networking site. Most of this thread is a waste of arguing, either way.

wise words, my friend.

What is this a game now?
Outta here with that.

Straight teasing a N.
I didn't read most that you said, but I guarantee that it didn't help anybody, let alone little abused children.  I don't know what you were hoping to accomplish with all the stuff you just typed, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't written with the intention of helping anybody either.

That's why i'm clapping.

One small action with good intentions >>>>>>>>>>>> one small action trying to stop other people's good intentions

Why are you so against that ?

What is this a game now?
Outta here with that.

Straight teasing a N.
I didn't read most that you said, but I guarantee that it didn't help anybody, let alone little abused children.  I don't know what you were hoping to accomplish with all the stuff you just typed, but i'm pretty sure it wasn't written with the intention of helping anybody either.

That's why i'm clapping.

One small action with good intentions >>>>>>>>>>>> one small action trying to stop other people's good intentions

1280964087790.gif

posting a picture on your profile does nothing except let peple know what was your favorite cartoon.. stop clapping you D rider

1280964087790.gif

posting a picture on your profile does nothing except let peple know what was your favorite cartoon.. stop clapping you D rider

What is this a game now?
Outta here with that.
Stop putting words in my mouth because at no point did I call it a game. At no point did I say "oh this person donated more, he's worth more". If you haven't done anything, zilch, nothing at all to help someone today than stop complaining. If it doesn't pertain you than stop getting butt hurt over it.

And pertaining to the bold part, have you done anything? If you did that's great, you are one of the few that has done something out of all the people whining and complaining about a simple profile picture change, if you didn't then shut up.
Just like people posting where they put their post on Facebook and people actually being aware/donating to breast cancer?

And Rilla said it best, why do you guys even care about people changing their profile pictures? Check your heart rate and sit down, it's not that serious.

What is this a game now?
Outta here with that.
Stop putting words in my mouth because at no point did I call it a game. At no point did I say "oh this person donated more, he's worth more". If you haven't done anything, zilch, nothing at all to help someone today than stop complaining. If it doesn't pertain you than stop getting butt hurt over it.

And pertaining to the bold part, have you done anything? If you did that's great, you are one of the few that has done something out of all the people whining and complaining about a simple profile picture change, if you didn't then shut up.
Just like people posting where they put their post on Facebook and people actually being aware/donating to breast cancer?

And Rilla said it best, why do you guys even care about people changing their profile pictures? Check your heart rate and sit down, it's not that serious.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

1280964087790.gif

Ok well it took me 5 seconds to post a cartoon up, and it took you 5 seconds to type that.

My goal was to post up Samurai Pizza Cats and maybe make someone give an extra thought to child abuse awareness today.

Your goal was to call me a D rider.

You sure showed me.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

1280964087790.gif

Ok well it took me 5 seconds to post a cartoon up, and it took you 5 seconds to type that.

My goal was to post up Samurai Pizza Cats and maybe make someone give an extra thought to child abuse awareness today.

Your goal was to call me a D rider.

You sure showed me.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well said

But yea my new pic
69525_470342790764_552515764_5956379_2066746_n.jpg

SWAG ON A HUNNID!
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Well said

But yea my new pic
69525_470342790764_552515764_5956379_2066746_n.jpg

SWAG ON A HUNNID!
pimp.gif

That's why i'm clapping.

How will anything me or you write on NT help abused children?
Trying to guilt trip me eh? It's not working.
I'm against insigificant actions.
They don't accomplish anything but make a mediocrity of the actions people who commit their lives to stopping issues such as this.
My mom's a social worker, she scoffs at idiotic things such as this. So don't think I'm one of those people thinking I'm cool because I'm not following a trend.
"If you really care go help children hands on", that's what my mom says to ppl that think these trends matter.
Too many people are blinded by this propaganda.
"your vote matters", "2 secs of your time can change such and such"
IMO I don't think it will.
If you're not actually doing something significant to stop this issue, then you're just bsing yourself.
People will use it to boost their ego and tell themselves "I made a difference."
Lemme put this in terms of fapping since you probably won't read this whole post.
Some people think that by fapping they can achieve muscle in their forearms.
Truth is fapping won't increase dog poop.
Changing your profile pic on FB is such an insignificant action, IMO it's not going to do anything significant to help the cause in the longer run.
All this trend is doing is attracting people who could give dog poop about child abuse.
What I would do as an alternative is to go to a park.
Go talk to the parents you see there to aware them.
It's better to have people committed to stopping an issue then hundreds that could give a crap.
MayhemMonkey000 wrote:

That was the vibe I was getting from your post.
Oh so people can't have opinions unless they do such and such?
Freedom of speech brah.
Oh we're butt hurt because we disagree with your shenanigans?
I'm being critical about this trend because it makes a mediocrity of the actions of people who actually care about this issue.
Such as the actions of social workers or "real" awareness groups that people can join in FB.

To be perfectly honest I have not donated to such and such to stop child abuse.
And I'm not gonna say oh well I donated such and such to this organization because you shouldn't use those types of actions to boost your ego.
You do them out of the kindness of your heart.

That's why i'm clapping.

How will anything me or you write on NT help abused children?
Trying to guilt trip me eh? It's not working.
I'm against insigificant actions.
They don't accomplish anything but make a mediocrity of the actions people who commit their lives to stopping issues such as this.
My mom's a social worker, she scoffs at idiotic things such as this. So don't think I'm one of those people thinking I'm cool because I'm not following a trend.
"If you really care go help children hands on", that's what my mom says to ppl that think these trends matter.
Too many people are blinded by this propaganda.
"your vote matters", "2 secs of your time can change such and such"
IMO I don't think it will.
If you're not actually doing something significant to stop this issue, then you're just bsing yourself.
People will use it to boost their ego and tell themselves "I made a difference."
Lemme put this in terms of fapping since you probably won't read this whole post.
Some people think that by fapping they can achieve muscle in their forearms.
Truth is fapping won't increase dog poop.
Changing your profile pic on FB is such an insignificant action, IMO it's not going to do anything significant to help the cause in the longer run.
All this trend is doing is attracting people who could give dog poop about child abuse.
What I would do as an alternative is to go to a park.
Go talk to the parents you see there to aware them.
It's better to have people committed to stopping an issue then hundreds that could give a crap.
MayhemMonkey000 wrote:

That was the vibe I was getting from your post.
Oh so people can't have opinions unless they do such and such?
Freedom of speech brah.
Oh we're butt hurt because we disagree with your shenanigans?
I'm being critical about this trend because it makes a mediocrity of the actions of people who actually care about this issue.
Such as the actions of social workers or "real" awareness groups that people can join in FB.

To be perfectly honest I have not donated to such and such to stop child abuse.
And I'm not gonna say oh well I donated such and such to this organization because you shouldn't use those types of actions to boost your ego.
You do them out of the kindness of your heart.

Back
Top Bottom