Failed my Driving Test today

I got some armenian lady at the DMV in Glendale, CA. The $*%+% said on the LAST turn at an intersection with a signal but no turn arrow that I went out too far before turning left and "other cars had to stop for me" (total bs, no cars needed to stop for me). Other than that, which was a CDE, apparently, I would have passed. I'll chalk it up to nerves since I was way too nervous despite being a pretty good driver for my age.  On top of that, I'm getting the feeling I get the short end of the instructor stick. First off, has this happened to anyone, and second off, is this actually a failable offense? Now I know this will be in my head the next time I take the test, in two weeks. No hate, please, I don't need it right now. 

Originally Posted by Kfreud

I got some armenian lady at the DMV in Glendale, CA. The $*%+% said on the LAST turn at an intersection with a signal but no turn arrow that I went out too far before turning left and "other cars had to stop for me" (total bs, no cars needed to stop for me).

Well if you would have done better on all the other parts than this error wouldn't have made a difference and you would have passed regardless.

I failed my first one too man. I failed due to one CDE as well. You'll pass the next one easily, it's no biggie.

It was considered a Critical Driving Error, at her discretion. I could have been perfect except for it, and still would have gotten a Fail.

laugh.gif
at you failing
roll.gif

I passed on my first try. It's probably best you stay off of the road.

Just take it again, you'll probly get someone else who will let you pass. I failed a couple sections and still got like a 94% on it first time

Failing is up to the discretion of the tester...

Failed the first time because of parallel parking.. Back tire touched the curb wouldn't let me fix it even though it was possible.. Had me parallel park at a spot with no distinguishable curb, so he failed me. I was devastated...

Second time (1 month later I passed)..

Don't worry about it, you will probably get a different person next time around.. And with that be mindful of the mistakes you made this time and remember what you need to do.

I know in Pennsylvania the pass/fail works on a point system. You must have messed up in some other categories too.

Just take the L, brush it off and be ready for the next one. I failed my first time, same thing that happened to you. I was waiting in the intersection to turn on an unprotected left.

Originally Posted by ebozek9

I know in Pennsylvania the pass/fail works on a point system. You must have messed up in some other categories too.
Don't live in Pennsylvania...I didn't have a perfect but I didn't have enough to fail based off points.  In California, if you get a "Critical Driving Error" it is a fail and negates the rest of the test.

It doesnt matter if there were no cars around you, which you think is total BS.

You have to do things by the book during a driving test. Just do it right the next time.

If it makes you feel better I failed my first test because i didn't know what a yellow light meant.
laugh.gif

This was like 10 years ago though. Don't let it bother you you'll pass it next time.

If you want a guaranteed pass go to the norco dmv.

They are responsible for the worst drivers on the road.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

If you want a guaranteed pass go to the norco dmv.

They are responsible for the worst drivers on the road.
laugh.gif
I heard Arleta was pretty bad too lol

If you haven't checkd out the California DMV youtube page, it comes in handy.

Like everyone else said, brush it off. no worries, what's waiting two weeks gonna do.

I'll chalk it up to nerves since I was way too nervous despite being a pretty good driver for my age. 
Everyone thinks their a good driver though. 
laugh.gif

Just shrug it off and pass the next one. 

Also, here in CA, parallel parking isn't part of the test for a while now. They do require you to park on the side of the curb though but that is very simple in comparison to parallel parking.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

It doesnt matter if there were no cars around you, which you think is total BS.

You have to do things by the book during a driving test. Just do it right the next time.

My dispute wasn't cars around me, because there were, but I wasn't obstructing them at all.  Noone had to stop for me as she wrote.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I'll chalk it up to nerves since I was way too nervous despite being a pretty good driver for my age. 
Everyone thinks their a good driver though. 
laugh.gif

Just shrug it off and pass the next one. 

Also, here in CA, parallel parking isn't part of the test for a while now. They do require you to park on the side of the curb though but that is very simple in comparison to parallel parking.
Yah, that part was easy.  The whole test was easy, really, except for that last goddamn turn which should have been.  And I'm judging my driving ability based off some AWFUL drivers I know who actually have their license.  That's High School for you, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom