Fair Weather Fans

Some guy on here is a Patriots and Yankees fan.

The nerve of this @*@@*...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by truthmain

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Lakers, Chargers, Warriors
smh.gif
smh.gif

They had a strong fanbase before and after the playoffs
And the Kings fans are NOT WARRIOR fans, if anything it makes Kings fans look fair weather.

Don't get me started. Hella bay heads was riding with the Kings when they were good and decided to switch it up when the Warriors had that one good run.
+1. Not sure how old some of you cats are, but when the Warriors were (still are) garbage, no one was around. Now all of a sudden everyone is we believin'.

I'll throw the Niners and Giants in there too.
Niners and Giants??????
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Now that's just Bay Area hate..

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

Originally Posted by eaalto

Los Angeles is one of the worst for this. People who don't even care about sports are fans come playoff time.
Ugh coming from a guy that was born and raised in Los Angeles
Dodger fans are baaaaad

What the hell have we had to cheer about in the last 20 years?

Originally Posted by socluis90

Los Angeles is one of the worst for this. People who don't even care about sports are fans come playoff time.
Dodger fans are baaaaad

What the hell have we had to cheer about in the last 20 years?
Im just saying before manny got here

The only time dodger fans will show up was for free blanket night.

Originally Posted by JumpmanJordanAddict89

idk I'm basing off of super bowls raiders were great in 70s and raiders left than 9ers won in 80s.
you can't be serious?

as for the warriors. one playoff run doesnt suddenly net you a HUGE fair weather fan base....i'm not gonna say people didnt rep the warriors suddenly whenwe made the playoffs, but there was/is a SOLID warrior fan base, and that was apparent this last season even though we weren't going anywhere....come on,what are they gonna rep? the championship we won back in 75?

I get what u are say. I hate ppl who are from or live in a like a team from way across country. Like my boy is born n raised in Vallejo and he like U of Miami,Eagles, Kings. Even tho its has been a bad 5yrs for Bay area sports I'm proud of my teams. Raiders, Warriors, Cal, Giants

smh.gif
smh.gif

And the Kings fans are NOT WARRIOR fans, if anything it makes Kings fans look fair weather.

Don't get me started. Hella bay heads was riding with the Kings when they were good and decided to switch it up when the Warriors had that one good run.
+1. Not sure how old some of you cats are, but when the Warriors were (still are) garbage, no one was around. Now all of a sudden everyone is we believin'.

Niners and Giants??????
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Naw, not really, it's just fact. Leave the Bay Area and watch games in the south, in the east, and you'll see diehard fans. It's notanyone's fault really, just the nature of the Bay Area. People aren't into sports, they would rather protest something or figure out another cause tohop onto.

I would include the Oakland teams, but even one dudes win fans still don't come out to support, so can't really say they're fairweather.

Shark fans are pretty diehard though, gotta admit.

smh.gif
smh.gif

Niners and Giants??????
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Naw, not really, it's just fact. Leave the Bay Area and watch games in the south, in the east, and you'll see diehard fans. It's not anyone's fault really, just the nature of the Bay Area. People aren't into sports, they would rather protest something or figure out another cause to hop onto.

I would include the Oakland teams, but even one dudes win fans still don't come out to support, so can't really say they're fairweather.

Shark fans are pretty diehard though, gotta admit.

indifferent.gif
. Next.

NikeTalker23 wrote:

indifferent.gif
. Next.
laugh.gif

I'm just sayin' man, Niner fans left in the 90s and Giants fans left when Barry did. Giants fans are starting to come back (I wonder why) and if theNiners do well, I expect the same.

I'm trying to figure out how Warriors are being mentioned. Sure that "We Believe" run garnered some new fans but no where near the level ofLakers or Cavs. Besides, even when we were god awful, the Warriors still managed to fill up the seats.

Dodger fans are baaaaad
I've been going to Dodger games my whole life. Do you remember the "ball night" back in 1995? The game that the Dodgers ended upforfeiting to the Cardinals because the fans kept throwing their souvenir balls on the field? I still have that ball in the wrapper, as well as the L.A. Timesfrom the following morning. I got Ozzie Smith's autograph at that game. I think my wife is a curse though. Every single Dodger game I've gone towith her, they've lost. Padres, Rockies, you name it, she goes, we lose.

Face it, he's right. LA fans are the worst i've ever seen.

Explain to me how a typical day game out here gets about 25-30K in attendance but yet on a MANNY Bobblehead day it's a sellout.

Been going since we were kids, since dodgerdogs were 2.50, since cool a coos, since BEFORE all of this *!*% music was played on the PA and it was strictlyNancy Bea on that organ. Since Batting glove night, Fielding glove night, BALL night as previously mentioned, and BAT night where you'd be handed a voucherto take to your local Target and redeem a wood Dodgers bat...

But there aren't many of us out there, people only wake up and dust off their "jerseys" on a big giveaway night or in September. Same with Lakersand the god damned car flags...

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Face it, he's right. LA fans are the worst i've ever seen.

Explain to me how a typical day game out here gets about 25-30K in attendance but yet on a MANNY Bobblehead day it's a sellout.

Been going since we were kids, since dodgerdogs were 2.50, since cool a coos, since BEFORE all of this *!*% music was played on the PA and it was strictly Nancy Bea on that organ. Since Batting glove night, Fielding glove night, BALL night as previously mentioned, and BAT night where you'd be handed a voucher to take to your local Target and redeem a wood Dodgers bat...

But there aren't many of us out there, people only wake up and dust off their "jerseys" on a big giveaway night or in September. Same with Lakers and the god damned car flags...

And whats sad is that the true fans sometimes wont get any of those giveaways
tired.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

overall itd probably be like the Lakers or Bulls or some team with a hugeee fan base.

% wise it is the New Jersey Nets and it aint even close.

The *%*!%#@ Swamprats entire fan base are fair weather fans. Finding a Nets fan in the 1990s was like finding a nun with AIDS, it just didnt happen. EVERYONE in the tri state area was a Knicks fan or a Bulls fan riding Jordan's !*++. I remmeber going to those Knicks/Nets games at Continental in the 90s (where the seats were 100x cheaper so it was
smokin.gif
and just as local) and EVERYONE in the stands was a Knicks fan. it was like being at a mini MSG. Ewing would get a standing ovation when his name was called and the Nets were booed.

But around 2001 when the Knicks started to decline and the Nets got JKidd and co and went to the Finals that is when he new generation of Nets fans (aka the Swamprats) began to emerge. All the unloyal Knicks fans mostly around Jersey that supported them when they were winning in the 90s imm/ediately switched over to the Hudson to become Nets fans. It was terrible, there were clearly still more Knicks fans than Nets fans but the %s in a place like NJ went from like 95-5 to like 60-40 and probably even 55-45 for awhile. Mother $@$**$! made me sick. People going up to me ripping on my Knicks and im just like "wait werent you a Knicks fan 5 years ago??" Saying dumb %+++ like "Yeah at least i was smart enough to leave" or the worst "How can you watch a team when theyre bad??"
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

They still dont have a large enough fan base to have the MOST fair weather fans. Cause a team like the Lakers have a bunch but they have alot of real fans as well. and that will come with any team with a big fan base like the Knicks in the 90s and the loyal ones stayed and the non loyal ones crossed over to the Swamp. But no team in professional sprts has a higher % of fair weather fans than the Nets. I think something like 80+% of them are fair weather and 90+% of them were Knicks fans at some point in their lives if they were born before 2000.

I cant wait for these dudes to crawl back when we start to tun around, the good thing about losing is you know who the real fans are, the fans that will stick no matter what. You never really know til it actually happens. I mean now that the Nets are starting to lose again they cant sell for *$%@, and that is what happens when youre entire fan base is fair weather. The Knicks did have alot of fair weathers who left but we have more loyal @%* fans than most of the other teams. We are usually top 10 in attendance every year regardless of our record and that shows something. I mean even when the Nets were good they struggled to sell out playoff games
laugh.gif
Playoffs at MSG were *%*!%#@ rocking, hottest ticket in town by farr
smokin.gif

smh.gif
at the Nets as an organization in general/ And now they wanna move in to our city. one Team, One New York
pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

The definition of a Swamprat is a Nets fan and the definition of a nets fan is a converted Knicks fan
smh.gif

Ummm......fans were selling out the United Center during the Tim Floyd era when the team was averaging 20,000 plus fans, and only winning 20 games. That'snot fair weather.

Your point about random people being fans of popular teams doesn't apply to this debate.

Originally Posted by S4L3

Warriors fans. You can just tell by this forum...
not really

i remember the warriors having a dedicated fanbase on here a few years before gs upset dallas in '07

Back
Top Bottom